Recent Topics

Ads

SW: looking for new spec

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Karl

Re: SW: looking for new spec

Post#11 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:18 pm

sKrissy wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:37 pm
Ugle wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:04 pm
Karl wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:50 pm

Thx mate, split arrows, range tactic, heal debuff and barrage from skrim?

Care to share your suggested spex, pls?

Kind regards
K
RoR.builders - Shadow Warrior
Multiple options on tactics.

I prefer bullseye, Instinctive aim, No respite and Split arrows, but it requires good heals and allready maxed ballistic skill from gear. Requires you to play super aggressive to utilize no respite dmg increase potential

Edit:Also mostly only useful in funnel/fort/city with packed enemies.
IMO, You should try it out and mix **** up and find whats best for you, so that you can say that your build is yours and not some random weebo "skrissy" build ;))
Haha, get what you mean, but after having played ASW from 70-84 i feel kinda stuck and "weak" in any other spec and playstyle - but gonna try, using the suggestions mentioned, and find a new path xD

Ads
zulnam

Post#12 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:19 pm

SW have a pretty good and underrated AoE spec with nice damage and AoE Morale drain.

Personally I run this with 1k BS and 550 WS, not ideal, but even so my BFA can crit anything between 250 on sov tanks to 1K on squishy targets (this is in Vanq). If you have enough WS you can replace Instinctive Aim tactic with Bullseye.

You do need to know how to move, use Vengeful and the rotation, but it is good; an absolute killer in forts where the enemy is close together. (Actually defended Reik on my SW earlier, got around 25 KBs).

Your main roles in a wb with this spec are aoe slow and morale drainer, but if you know your stuff you can do a lot of damage.

In ideal situations my rotation is BhA x 3 > vengeful > barrage > LA > FA or SS > SfA > barrage > SfA /BhA > repeat.
Be ready at any time with Ambush morale.
You need to get close to the frontline, but when pulled off correctly that's -200 morale every 30 seconds to the enemy.
Last edited by zulnam on Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Aricept

Post#13 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:21 am

zulnam wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:19 pm SW have a pretty good and underrated AoE spec with nice damage and AoE Morale drain.
Spoiler:
Personally I run this with 1k BS and 550 WS, not ideal, but even so my BFA can crit anything between 250 on sov tanks to 1K on squishy targets (this is in Vanq). If you have enough WS you can replace Instinctive Aim tactic with Bullseye.

You do need to know how to move, use Vengeful and the rotation, but it is good; an absolute killer in forts where the enemy is close together. (Actually defended Reik on my SW earlier, got around 25 KBs).

Your main roles in a wb with this spec are aoe slow and morale drainer, but if you know your stuff you can do a lot of damage.

In ideal situations my rotation is BhA x 3 > vengeful > barrage > LA > FA or SS > SfA > barrage > SfA /BhA > repeat.
Be ready at any time with Ambush morale.
You need to get close to the frontline, but when pulled off correctly that's -200 morale every 10 seconds to the enemy.
I confirm and play a very close spec for one week now, being RR 64 (1059 BS, 661 WS).

In my guild, I play as an assist with slayer. It gives a lot of AoE pressure and DBs come frequently. It is very different to play than single spec (less burst) but I am impressed by the results compared to single.

My rotation is a slight bit different than yours, meaning that I don't play Festering which is much to long to cast imo. And I spam SFA after posing the DoTs (BhA and FA) and playing barrage. I sometimes also play AA, SS or ES if needed for a specific target. Flanking shot maybe useful as a finish.

zulnam wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:19 pm when pulled off correctly that's -200 morale every 10 seconds to the enemy.
How do you get to every 10 seconds with Vengeful having a CD of 30 sec ? I cast it two times during vengeful then wait 20 seconds and start again.

zulnam

Post#14 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:46 am

Aricept wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:21 am
zulnam wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:19 pm when pulled off correctly that's -200 morale every 10 seconds to the enemy.
How do you get to every 10 seconds with Vengeful having a CD of 30 sec ? I cast it two times during vengeful then wait 20 seconds and start again.
You are correct, that was a mistake on my part. Edited
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Arthem

Post#15 » Wed May 05, 2021 6:50 am

SW is in a very boring place. On paper it looks good, ST range / ST melee / Aoe spec etc. In practice is boring as **** to play compared to how it was. The state of Squig atm is a further salt to the wound. SW range dmg tied to Scout which is boring / immobile (Engy play style with slightly more mobility) whereas Squig best range ST is still in the skirmish tree. This class should be played like how Squig currently is (Ignoring busted squig beast M1).

Regarding spec, depends what you want to do. But there is no proper run and shoot range on Order atm that hits harder than a wet noodle. If you want to try Scout you just take the tactics to buff fester and your baseline tactics. You're simply a Fester spammer every 5 seconds, enjoy ;)

Karl

Post#16 » Wed May 05, 2021 5:24 pm

Arthem wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 6:50 am SW is in a very boring place. On paper it looks good, ST range / ST melee / Aoe spec etc. In practice is boring as **** to play compared to how it was. The state of Squig atm is a further salt to the wound. SW range dmg tied to Scout which is boring / immobile (Engy play style with slightly more mobility) whereas Squig best range ST is still in the skirmish tree. This class should be played like how Squig currently is (Ignoring busted squig beast M1).

Regarding spec, depends what you want to do. But there is no proper run and shoot range on Order atm that hits harder than a wet noodle. If you want to try Scout you just take the tactics to buff fester and your baseline tactics. You're simply a Fester spammer every 5 seconds, enjoy ;)
Yeah, i'm back on my WL again...

Arthem

Post#17 » Sat May 08, 2021 9:23 am

Karl wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 5:24 pm
Arthem wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 6:50 am SW is in a very boring place. On paper it looks good, ST range / ST melee / Aoe spec etc. In practice is boring as **** to play compared to how it was. The state of Squig atm is a further salt to the wound. SW range dmg tied to Scout which is boring / immobile (Engy play style with slightly more mobility) whereas Squig best range ST is still in the skirmish tree. This class should be played like how Squig currently is (Ignoring busted squig beast M1).

Yeah, i'm back on my WL again...
Good choice mate. I'm playing an IB and gearing up a Mara atm.