Recent Topics

Ads

[WL] Pet reliability

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Bucinator

[WL] Pet reliability

Post#1 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:27 am

Hello everyone,

Before I jump into the topic, I want to clarify several things:
  • I've read most forum posts about WL and their pet
  • I've gone through the bug-tracker and checked all open topics and issues with WL
  • I'm not as experienced as other players on this forum (lvl 39/rr38)
With that being said, I've been playing my white lion for quite some time recently, and I've observed several bugs that impact my gameplay by quite a bit.
  • Issue: Pet often disappears without any reason.
    How I track it: I've added Revenge tactic and buffhead so I can track if the lion is killed or it simply vanishes. Yesterday, my lion vanished 5 times in the span of 5 minutes, without me being in combat
  • Issue: Pet training provides inconsistent damage
    How I track it: I've tried engaging in combat with PET only on the same target with Trained to Hunt (str bonuses). Sometimes my pet hits for 100, sometimes for 250, sometimes for 15, sometimes for 35.
  • Issue: Pet survivability and damage received
    How I track it: I'm checking the damage numbers in the combat logs
The observed behavior caused absolute chaos with my rotation and skills:
  • I'm going CS and suddenly, I have no pet.
  • I'm going for parry build and suddenly, I have 10% less parry chance.
  • I'm trying to burst someone down and suddenly, my lion does 35 dmg, while I do 250
  • When doing oRvR, pet survivability is all over the place. Sometimes it lasts for several fights, sometimes it dies for 2 seconds. I think this is caused due to movement issues and the ability of the enemy to focus on it.

I have seen that those bugs are reported, but for now, due to those inconsistencies, I'm forced into loner tactic (don't judge, I like consistency and no surprises).
Does anyone of you experience the same issues? How are you dealing with that?

Ads
Sundowner

Re: [WL] Pet reliability

Post#2 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:46 am

were pet hits for the same skills/aa? different skills have different damage and auto-attacks also differ from them.

Bucinator

Post#3 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:59 am

Of course, in order to measure it, I have to be certain that the pet will use the same skills and same stance (trained to kill). I've always waited for the skills to be off cooldown in order to engage.

normanis

Post#4 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:46 am

and wl is very depend on his pet. pull in u need knock down and than pull in. and dont work with loner. also range is 65feet same as mara pull. only mara pull is better. u can pull in anystance even without stance.
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Sundowner

Post#5 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:47 am

Gonna test with my pet today, did not really paid attention to that

Bucinator

Post#6 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:55 am

normanis wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:46 am and wl is very depend on his pet. pull in u need knock down and than pull in. and dont work with loner. also range is 65feet same as mara pull. only mara pull is better. u can pull in anystance even without stance.
I completely agree with you (about to get fetch! in 1 lvl). But question still stands. When pet randomly disappears, does it make sense to still keep it? Without it, I have no silence, knockdown, fetch and a number of talents, yet with it, I have no clue when I can use them.

knick

Post#7 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:58 am

also a prob seems to me that all pet abilities are not on the move. so pet have to stay and do an attack witch is by 5 feet range often a problem. thats the reason why pull often not works because the targets moves out of the 5 feet range.
[Kraehenfeld] Knick WL RR85+

normanis

Post#8 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:03 pm

fetch is 40 lvl
well how to fix pet i have no idea, sometimes even squigs go mad and randomly roam around world witout herder.
p.s give wl 2 pets if someone of tham disaper use another pet or reduce cd to 5 sec
sh have 4 pets and hi live with tham without problems , now they can eat their pets and 0cast on next pet. buff your wounds and heal u. prety much better version on wl pet with 15sec cd. what is sometimes even your left hand ( fletch/silence/knock/extra armor debuff )
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Ads
Bucinator

Post#9 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:18 pm

I was thinking about something else. Since white lion's pet is unreliable (pathing, damage, range, movement), perhaps change the loner tactic. Instead of getting a damage boost without pet and loosing abilities, how about just getting all abilities as if a pet was active, but reducing your overall damage. Something like:
You and your war lion become one. All abilities that require a lion will act as if one is present, but your overall damage is reduced by X%.
This reduces your overall damage, but boost your reliability, you have all your toolkit but with reduced damage. Do you think this is something the WL players will be interested in?

Sundowner

Post#10 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:21 pm

Bucinator wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:18 pm I was thinking about something else. Since white lion's pet is unreliable (pathing, damage, range, movement), perhaps change the loner tactic. Instead of getting a damage boost without pet and loosing abilities, how about just getting all abilities as if a pet was active, but reducing your overall damage. Something like:
You and your war lion become one. All abilities that require a lion will act as if one is present, but your overall damage is reduced by X%.
This reduces your overall damage, but boost your reliability, you have all your toolkit but with reduced damage. Do you think this is something the WL players will be interested in?
without pet u loose 50%crit bonus already, reducing damage will further reduce wl's viability as dps