Recent Topics

Ads

AM lack of Invader set

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Sulorie

Re: AM lack of Invader set

Post#11 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:47 am

Hardkoar wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:10 pm
I strongly believe that adding a DPS counterpart to the invader set (just like for Sovereign there's a DPS and Tanky version from the same currency through RVR) is highly necessary to keep the gear progress piramide doable through RVR which I believe is the main focus of the game.
There is no intention to give all possible gear by doing rvr. You want a certain type of gear? Do that content. This isn't going to change.
Dying is no option.

Ads
Hardkoar
Suspended

Post#12 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:53 pm

emiliorv wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:35 am
Hardkoar wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:33 pm
Me : I came to play soccer.
You: You can play volleyball.
Me: But I wanna play soccer like they do.
You: You need to play volleyball so u can play soccer one day.
No, you want a volleyball trophy but playing soccer...
You totally ignored the part where the majority of players are in this game for RVR as that's what the game has always been strong and is being promoted for. Due to the current meta both shamans and am's outshine sorc/bw in solo/duo/small scale and these 2 classes are the favorite choice. To force people to go merry around is not an incentive to play more, not a carrot on the stick, it's simply nothing but asinine and most will go oppressor > sovereign avoiding the poor system that is in place. Alas, as stated by the dev, nothing will change so no point continuing this conversation.

Hardkoar
Suspended

Post#13 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:00 pm

Sulorie wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:47 am
Hardkoar wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:10 pm
I strongly believe that adding a DPS counterpart to the invader set (just like for Sovereign there's a DPS and Tanky version from the same currency through RVR) is highly necessary to keep the gear progress piramide doable through RVR which I believe is the main focus of the game.
There is no intention to give all possible gear by doing rvr. You want a certain type of gear? Do that content. This isn't going to change.
We did not get to where we are by just accepting things that were wrong or that could be better. It is obvious to everyone that plays these classes that the gap in gear choice through RVR between Oppressor to Sovereign is just bad and unnecessary, it does not diversify gameplay, it is but a limitation and a one way route, just like the ratio 1:1 from Royals to Invaders. Nonetheless you seem to have a point on part of your statement:
Sulorie wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:47 am This isn't going to change.

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#14 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:43 am

Hardkoar wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:53 pm
Hardkoar wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:33 pm
Me : I came to play soccer.
You: You can play volleyball.
Me: But I wanna play soccer like they do.
You: You need to play volleyball so u can play soccer one day.
You totally ignored the part where the majority of players are in this game for RVR as that's what the game has always been strong and is being promoted for. Due to the current meta both shamans and am's outshine sorc/bw in solo/duo/small scale and these 2 classes are the favorite choice. To force people to go merry around is not an incentive to play more, not a carrot on the stick, it's simply nothing but asinine and most will go oppressor > sovereign avoiding the poor system that is in place. Alas, as stated by the dev, nothing will change so no point continuing this conversation.
But oppressor is not a RVR set => so you farmed SCs to get that gear because you wanted it. You played that content because you want that reward (as intended)...why is not the same for bloodlord? because you dont like PVE?? probably bc oppressor is enough good gear until sov/warl comes...

What about the ranked sc sets?? is another set at invader level...

You can fill the gap between oppressor => sov with:
-PVE: bloodlord
-PVP: ranked SCs

Dwarni

Post#15 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:58 am

Just add an ability like Rune priests/Zealots have to convert healing stats to dps stats and vice versa: Problem solved

Hardkoar
Suspended

Post#16 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:47 am

emiliorv wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:43 am
Hardkoar wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:53 pm

But oppressor is not a RVR set => so you farmed SCs to get that gear because you wanted it.
Forced. No other alternative. The entire post subject. You have totally missed. No point continuing. I'm out.

Hardkoar
Suspended

Post#17 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:47 am

Dwarni wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:58 am Just add an ability like Rune priests/Zealots have to convert healing stats to dps stats and vice versa: Problem solved
We don't do solutions around here :P

marafado
Suspended

Post#18 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:17 pm

heheh, if you think its hard to get the inv wep playing am, try to get it as a shaman ;p

wats hapen with order players?? all this balance love make them special?

Ads
BrbApuppy

Post#19 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:33 pm

Lordholl wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:12 pm It's simple, you're not playing a classes main spec, main spec gear is always easier to obtain because it's a main spec so more sets would/should be available... now if you choose to play a class off spec and want to be beast most likely you will spend alot of work and time to complete because it's an offspec and you want to own at it... in most mmos an off spec build takes time but the payoff when completed is great
2 out of 3 trees for AM''s are DPS oriented.

Sinisterror

Post#20 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:54 pm

DirkDaring wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:05 pm That's because they changed all the armor sets here from what they were on live.
on live there were only weapons in scenarios not armor, but in order to get more people to join scenarios they added off set gear into scenarios.

Take Beastlord set, when it was added 3 or 4 years ago it was a heal set for warrior priest, and DOK, then after a year or 2 they changed it to off set with strength, weaponskill etc on it. its has a mix of intel, and willpower so a hybrid set for Archmage, and Shammy, but still mostly a heal set only .

Sentinle set for tanks, WP, and DOK are off set, but sadly not for Arch mage, OR Shammy, runepriest, zealot, they are just another healset , of which there are many. you either need to grind Scenarios, or grind through Funbad, Crypts, Tunnels, etc until you can grind Bastion Stairs for your DPS set.

looking at Tank types for example, same as healers every few sets had dps stats strength, etc, but those same sets were removed and placed mostly in scenario gear, i assume because the new devs that took over Mythic game really like grinding scenariors, but wanted more people to do them to get dps type gear, instead of just letting people play and have fun.

The Invader set on live was a DPS set even for healers, for most of us that played DAOC, and Warhammer Online, the thing that made those games fun, is that Mythic never pigeonholed any class into a set type of playstyle, each class could be built and played how the player wanted, with a toolset that let them accomplish that, with abilites, gear sets, etc, not a one dimensional vision of you rolled this Archtype, and that's how you are going to play, like a lot of other MMOs do.

Here's the old Sets from Live . https://thesteelbrand.wordpress.com/201 ... er-online/
Some of the live sets are horrible and some are brilliant with bonuses like Piece Bonus): Bewildering: On Hit: 10% chance to Disorient target for 5 seconds, increasing the cast time of their abilities by 1 second.
Piece Bonus): Charge! increases movement speed by 75% instead of 50%. Piece Bonus): Taunt now also deals 1020 damage. Piece Bonus): Damage taken from Guard reduced by 30%.Piece Bonus): Purge will now remove 2 additional enchantments from target. Piece Bonus): Glorious Challenge: “Challenge” will now interrupt all targets. (Piece Bonus): Evasive – On Being Hit: 10% chance to detaunt target WH/WE Offensive setbonus) Piece Bonus): Glimpse of Chaos will now remove 2 additional enchantments from target. Piece Bonus): Deals 20% extra damage against target and -20% against others. Piece Bonus): +2 Cooldown Speed. And lots of others.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz