Recent Topics

Ads

Heal debuff.

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
moonangel

Re: Heal debuff.

Post#21 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:12 pm

Even b4 nerfs Sw was worst class in game.

Ads
Manatikik

Post#22 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:24 am

NSKaneda wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:32 pm
Manatikik wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:28 pm Uh, no one wanted this. Most SW mains were and still are very displeased with the changes. Only two positives came out of the reworks with a lot of nerfs and downsides. The changes are definitely the worst that the devs have made to a class on the server and any other class asking for changes should be scared they get this treatment.

I agree with you that what has been done to SWs is a travesty and diminished my enthusiasm for rSH buffs down to "don't even look at this class" level.
But when the changes to SWs were discussed there was a strong lobbying for "moar aoe, moar dps, moar city close quarters". And the result is... sad.
I've shelved my SW and it became a mule for other chars.
I think its safe to say the people saying that were the pug/zerg noobs who had no idea what they were talking about. I personally have detailed feedback on a simple list of changes that would fix the two many worries of SW without over tuning them and were consistent enough with SH that they could be modified to SH very very easily. Unfortunately the people the devs talked to (no clue who they were but its pretty easy to say they weren't relevant in the SW community) but the changes they suggested were dogshit, to say the least. I hope SH never get this treatment since they are the last true kiting class left.
<Montague><Capulet>

NSKaneda

Post#23 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:23 pm

Manatikik wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:24 am I personally have detailed feedback on a simple list of changes that would fix the two many worries of SW without over tuning them and were consistent enough with SH that they could be modified to SH very very easily.
I remember your suggestions and the thread we talked about it, it was obvious you knew what you were talking about. Alas, just like Aza's changes (which made me quit RoR for a year but that's another topic) got reverted in the end I hope we will see the day when bow classes get to be the ranged snipers they deserve instead of being forced into roles they were not designed to be*. See you on the battlefield! /salute

-
-

* my shoot thru ya spam still crits for 900-1400 but it's bloody boring to spam one-two buttons over and over again ;)
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

Manatikik

Post#24 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:34 pm

NSKaneda wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:23 pm
Manatikik wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:24 am I personally have detailed feedback on a simple list of changes that would fix the two many worries of SW without over tuning them and were consistent enough with SH that they could be modified to SH very very easily.
I remember your suggestions and the thread we talked about it, it was obvious you knew what you were talking about. Alas, just like Aza's changes (which made me quit RoR for a year but that's another topic) got reverted in the end I hope we will see the day when bow classes get to be the ranged snipers they deserve instead of being forced into roles they were not designed to be*. See you on the battlefield! /salute

-
-

* my shoot thru ya spam still crits for 900-1400 but it's bloody boring to spam one-two buttons over and over again ;)
I miss the LA/STY days of ES and UF making SH/SW actually good at bombing.
<Montague><Capulet>