Recent Topics

Ads

ASW help

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
robinjon

ASW help

Post#1 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:04 pm

Hi, so i'm planning on making my shadow warrior my first rank 40 and im 10 levels away, any help on how to build him when I hit 40/40? like gear, renown, and mastery? I would love to use assault spec because the idea is really cool to me so any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Ads
Elenori

Re: ASW help

Post#2 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:56 am

It's better to become Assault later on when you have one of the higher renown sets (perhaps at least Vanquisher or Invader) and also higher renown (to take all the useful abilities from both Skirmish and Assault masteries using the extra points - you get the last extra point at renown 70 and can get two more from Sovereign or Warlord sets).

Same as with ranged masteries, you need to collect ballistic skill until you are close to the limit (perhaps reach it with a potion - remember that potions are not converted with Assault stance so you need to use strength). You will want to have at least some armor talismans because you will often be fighting melee enemies. Weapon skill is also very important as most of your abilities deal normal damage (which is reduced by armor).

Renown abilities are also not converted so for damage you want to take melee critical as high as you can. For protection good ones are parry (against melee), critical reduction (expensive but good against all), dodge and disrupt (to survive better against mages which go around your high armor).

For mastery and tactics you could check out this guide - viewtopic.php?p=258959#p258959
While it's not quite up to date, the Assault tree hasn't changed much and most of the things about it are still accurate. However the Crosscut ability is also important to take (it is strong by itself and becomes magic damage when you use Vengeance).
A thing of beauty, I know, will never fade away...

robinjon

Post#3 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:32 pm

Elenori wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:56 am It's better to become Assault later on when you have one of the higher renown sets (perhaps at least Vanquisher or Invader) and also higher renown (to take all the useful abilities from both Skirmish and Assault masteries using the extra points - you get the last extra point at renown 70 and can get two more from Sovereign or Warlord sets).

Same as with ranged masteries, you need to collect ballistic skill until you are close to the limit (perhaps reach it with a potion - remember that potions are not converted with Assault stance so you need to use strength). You will want to have at least some armor talismans because you will often be fighting melee enemies. Weapon skill is also very important as most of your abilities deal normal damage (which is reduced by armor).

Renown abilities are also not converted so for damage you want to take melee critical as high as you can. For protection good ones are parry (against melee), critical reduction (expensive but good against all), dodge and disrupt (to survive better against mages which go around your high armor).

For mastery and tactics you could check out this guide - viewtopic.php?p=258959#p258959
While it's not quite up to date, the Assault tree hasn't changed much and most of the things about it are still accurate. However the Crosscut ability is also important to take (it is strong by itself and becomes magic damage when you use Vengeance).
ok will do! thanks!

cursedflesh

Post#4 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:38 pm

just wait until 60+ and im running this with 5 warlord, 3 def sov and scen weapons ... ultimate WE and chopppa hunter

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,3952,3948

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/r ... ;0;0;4;0;0
Garrth - order, Garrmi - destro

Elenori

Post#5 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:54 pm

An interesting idea - using a lot of critical reduction to compensate for the tactic! And it also frees up a point.
A thing of beauty, I know, will never fade away...

VindicoAtrum

Post#6 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:51 pm

cursedflesh wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:38 pm just wait until 60+ and im running this with 5 warlord, 3 def sov and scen weapons ... ultimate WE and chopppa hunter

Resurrecting this one...

45 points in FS hurts. I'm loathe to go for FS4, to the point I'd rather put those 15 points elsewhere and gear/tali with initiative in mind.

Any other aSW's chime in on this?

Things I've been experimenting with lately:

Swift strikes - kinda like this one.
No respite tactic - 15% damage, but at the cost of wrist slash. Weapon skill is easy to find on gear, but that tactic is strong so this might not stick

Manatikik

Post#7 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:04 am

VindicoAtrum wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:51 pm
cursedflesh wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:38 pm just wait until 60+ and im running this with 5 warlord, 3 def sov and scen weapons ... ultimate WE and chopppa hunter

Resurrecting this one...

45 points in FS hurts. I'm loathe to go for FS4, to the point I'd rather put those 15 points elsewhere and gear/tali with initiative in mind.

Any other aSW's chime in on this?

Things I've been experimenting with lately:

Swift strikes - kinda like this one.
No respite tactic - 15% damage, but at the cost of wrist slash. Weapon skill is easy to find on gear, but that tactic is strong so this might not stick
Depends on your gear and rr. Also depends on what your main medium of play is.

This is BiS mastery: RoR.builders - Shadow Warrior

Depending on what you play a lot of determines which talis you slot and what RR you take.
<Montague><Capulet>