Recent Topics

Ads

[SW] How do i play SW in city?

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
svonludwig

[SW] How do i play SW in city?

Post#1 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:18 pm

Trying to figure out whats the best tree, tactics, rotations for city are. Am I ST on the main assist or am I running split arrows and dropping constant Broadhead Arrows on the enemy? I would think tactics like leading shots would be good but honestly not sure how to maximize my class. Thanks in advance

55 SW Reavir

Ads
wpc56
Suspended

Re: [SW] How do i play SW in city?

Post#2 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:59 am

You should run pierced defense tactic and aoe split arrows to debuff the enemies. You would be padding aoe dmg and assist with putting healing debuff on MA target (shadow sting).

If by some miracle there's a SM in your group with whisper wind, you can FoN and Barrage for a lot of dmg/morale drain.

But since you are a SW and unless you are in a guild, no one will take you to city willingly and you'll have to pug it

agemennon675

Post#3 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:50 am

Since you are playing a SW, you will probably wont make it into any organised warband(resulting mostly loses), so you should go aoe skirmish and kite, avoid dying get most contribution to maximise the medallion gain.

With this build:

RoR.builders - Shadow Warrior

When you get ballistic softcap you can swap out stat tactic with something like Replenishing Strikes or Clever Recovery to end AP problems
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

Akalukz

Post#4 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:18 pm

And this thread sums up so much about the state of the game for so many classes and how they play at the end. :(
-= Agony =-

K13R

Post#5 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:20 am

Akalukz wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:18 pm And this thread sums up so much about the state of the game for so many classes and how they play at the end. :(
This no matter how much they change things the META is always protected and is unchanged after how many years? Once a spec redefines the meta is swiftly nerfed.

Mystry
Suspended

Post#6 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:05 am

You don't. You reroll BW to do RDPS, or slayer/WL to do MDPS.

Alternatively, you can try the AOE thing like the others suggested in pug groups. It's just too bad that it's next to useless compared to actual AOE classes.

ceramicartist

Post#7 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:48 am

agemennon675 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:50 am Since you are playing a SW, you will probably wont make it into any organised warband(resulting mostly loses), so you should go aoe skirmish and kite, avoid dying get most contribution to maximise the medallion gain.

With this build:

When you get ballistic softcap you can swap out stat tactic with something like Replenishing Strikes or Clever Recovery to end AP problems
I've lately been running with Guerrilla Training myself. 20% runspeed for 5 seconds and decreases AP by 25% for 5 seconds. Really outshines RS and CR, especially with the increased survivability by stance dancing. This is the only tactic that I've seen that makes stance dancing a real thing.

agemennon675

Post#8 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:03 am

ceramicartist wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:48 am
agemennon675 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:50 am Since you are playing a SW, you will probably wont make it into any organised warband(resulting mostly loses), so you should go aoe skirmish and kite, avoid dying get most contribution to maximise the medallion gain.

With this build:

I've lately been running with Guerrilla Training myself. 20% runspeed for 5 seconds and decreases AP by 25% for 5 seconds. Really outshines RS and CR, especially with the increased survivability by stance dancing. This is the only tactic that I've seen that makes stance dancing a real thing.
Might be useful while roaming scs etc. but in city if you stance dance when you dont need to stance dance just to get low ap cost you are effectively lowering your dmg output, because unlike SH SW left and right tree bound to stances
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

Ads
anarchypark

Post#9 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:40 pm

if you have guard/heal.
Skirmish AoE
DD rotation : SFA - LA - Barrage
DoT rotation : BHA - SS - FA
VoN rotation : Barrage + anything. with WW : spam barrage.
mix them and play like mdps but maintain 40ft range. always rdy to evacuate.
your job is morale drain and assist. pop VoN on CD.
if your aoe dots cleansed a lot, find dok and dot him. since you're aoe you can assist and dot dok both.
invader or vanq for this build.

if you're solo.
Scout solo
BS bow + vanq set. don't get caught or you're dead.
discerning offense instead of guerrilla training if enemies are occupied by other things than you.
VoN + fester assist. or find low hp.
KD + silence 2 healers when something is low hp.

don't give up ;)
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

ceramicartist

Post#10 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:07 am

agemennon675 wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:03 am
Might be useful while roaming scs etc. but in city if you stance dance when you dont need to stance dance just to get low ap cost you are effectively lowering your dmg output, because unlike SH SW left and right tree bound to stances
It keeps me alive and I do much more damage. I've been able to manage it just fine.