Recent Topics

Ads

[AM] Heal guide

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
leafaele

Re: [AM] Heal guide

Post#31 » Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:16 pm

Updated for latest few patch changes.

Some of the numbers concerning LA are now off a little but still shows what it does when hitting only a single target.

Ads
Paxsanarion

Post#32 » Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:45 pm

May I ask the experienced Archmages out there a question? I have played WP to 40 and I enjoy it. After reading up a bit on the AM I am torn between which healer I should level next....AM or RP. Both are very interesting.......which would you choose today? :-)

Darks63

Post#33 » Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:00 am

RP would be the better choice.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

BluIzLucky

Post#34 » Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:13 am

Paxsanarion wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:45 pm May I ask the experienced Archmages out there a question? I have played WP to 40 and I enjoy it. After reading up a bit on the AM I am torn between which healer I should level next....AM or RP. Both are very interesting.......which would you choose today? :-)
If my +80 AM got deleted, I'd definitely roll AM again over RP :lol:
RPs are more wanted in organized cities, since you get 25% heal buff, better sustained heal+protection, you can be quite tanky and don't rely on SM.

But.. outside organized 24 man city meta, AM is either as good (sc, 2-6 man roam, ranked, and playstyle: pure heal/protection, lifetap) or better (solo, orvr, fort, playstyle: dps).
That aside, healing on AM is just a lot more fun especially with an SM, since AM primarily burst heal so you feel very impactful and RPs primarily do HoTs and small insta heals, so while you might do the same overall healing/protection and keep your party more stable on RP, it feels way less impactful and exciting.

Now.. if you asked Zealot vs AM, I would be 50/50, while RPs have a more viable lifetap spec and below mediocre solo play with endgame gear, their pure heal is exactly the same, and Zealots have more interesting tools: M1 Talon and Mirror Of Madness for single target, M4 Windblock for AoE bombing and Winds of Insanity which can be more deadly/useful than AM/Sham swamp.
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

Paxsanarion

Post#35 » Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:24 am

BluIzLucky wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:13 am
Paxsanarion wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:45 pm May I ask the experienced Archmages out there a question? I have played WP to 40 and I enjoy it. After reading up a bit on the AM I am torn between which healer I should level next....AM or RP. Both are very interesting.......which would you choose today? :-)
If my +80 AM got deleted, I'd definitely roll AM again over RP :lol:
RPs are more wanted in organized cities, since you get 25% heal buff, better sustained heal+protection, you can be quite tanky and don't rely on SM.

But.. outside organized 24 man city meta, AM is either as good (sc, 2-6 man roam, ranked, and playstyle: pure heal/protection, lifetap) or better (solo, orvr, fort, playstyle: dps).
That aside, healing on AM is just a lot more fun especially with an SM, since AM primarily burst heal so you feel very impactful and RPs primarily do HoTs and small insta heals, so while you might do the same overall healing/protection and keep your party more stable on RP, it feels way less impactful and exciting.

Now.. if you asked Zealot vs AM, I would be 50/50, while RPs have a more viable lifetap spec and below mediocre solo play with endgame gear, their pure heal is exactly the same, and Zealots have more interesting tools: M1 Talon and Mirror Of Madness for single target, M4 Windblock for AoE bombing and Winds of Insanity which can be more deadly/useful than AM/Sham swamp.
Thank you so much for your insight on AM playstyle…..exactly the kind of feedback I need to decide which one to level next :-) I will give AM a shot :-)

Paxsanarion

Post#36 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:31 pm

Quick question to you experienced AMs out there…..regarding talismans ….is a good rule of thumb still wounds till you have around 8k then either armor or toughness ?

Monteaux

Post#37 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:45 pm

Is it possible to become or to show me an actually careerplaner and what tactic to use as a heal-AM? Jan'22 is a bit outdated i think and the links (page1) won't work for me.

BluIzLucky

Post#38 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:45 pm

Monteaux wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:45 pm Is it possible to become or to show me an actually careerplaner and what tactic to use as a heal-AM? Jan'22 is a bit outdated i think and the links (page1) won't work for me.
Old build links are broken, use converter:
viewtopic.php?p=523342#p523342

As for the builds on page OP, they are still valid
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

Ads
Tesq

Post#39 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:24 am

For any Am out there remember Lambent aura* is the best pure HoT in game due being able to apply it to 1-3 ppl at once saving GCD. So instead spam it on the wounded it should be spammed around often when ppl are blobbed.

Monteaux

Post#40 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:02 am

BluIzLucky wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:45 pm
Old build links are broken, use converter:
viewtopic.php?p=523342#p523342

As for the builds on page OP, they are still valid
Ty 4 converter, now i can see....thx for information that the build still is in work. :idea: