Recent Topics

Ads

Vaul SM underwhelming

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
lifeson

Vaul SM underwhelming

Post#1 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:03 pm

I remembered defensive SM being viable in live and so rolled one here (old bubble spec was good).
Starting to feel it was mistake.

- Vauls Tempering (Aethryric Armor) cc immunity at only 3 seconds seems utterly pointless.
- Crushing advance requiring target so clumsy.
- Vauls buffer now nerfed because of bubble nerfs (same for Hoeth bubble).

2h specs are ok (if one dimensional) and Hoeth has utility but my aim was for a snb turtle for mass oRvR.
I'm in invader with decent defensive stats but (anecdotally) BOs appear far tankier.
Should I just reroll knight before I waste any more time on this character ?

Ads
Valarion

Re: Vaul SM underwhelming

Post#2 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:32 pm

SM is just as tanky as a BO when spec'd correctly into Hoeth/Vaul and with a couple of exceptions, just as survivable as all the other tanks in rvr. However, SMs do not have the same amount of group buff/debuff/CC capability as the Knight. SM is still a viable tank and shines in small/competitive group play.

If this bothers you, then I do recommend switching over to Knight immediately to discover which you like better. The last thing you want to do is play a SM into the high RR and decide you really should have been playing a Knight all along (like I did on live).

On the upside, at least you wont have to deal with 5 years of constant SM nerfs here.
80+ WP/Dok/RP/Zealot 60+ AM/Shaman/Knight/Chosen/SM/BO/BW/Sorc 40+WL/Eng. SW deleted

raistomen

Re: Vaul SM underwhelming

Post#3 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:58 pm

Bubble Nurf makes SM sad