Recent Topics

Ads

[SW] Single target rotation

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Irnerius

[SW] Single target rotation

Post#1 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:36 am

Has any good and well geared SW found a way to deal serious single target damage with the new range specs?

Before the changes you could start with BHA followed by SS and then either spam SFA until FS/GA with RF (FtW with Sov + 2) or start your scout rotation. This resulted in descent sustained damage with some burst at the end (skirmish) or acceptable burst damage (scout).

Now you have to invest much more time and take higher risks to apply your dots, since you still need two strong dots and a heal debuff to achieve the same amount of pressure (the new GA is a very small buff for a geared SW: it doesn’t scale with your gear and is highly mitigated by armor and toughness; the new PD doesn’t do much if you already have about 50-60 % armor penetration).

Furthermore the Skirmisher rotation did lose a big part of its burst potential: The old GA is gone and FS much harder to apply without the old PD and ES is now a stationary ability (mobile ES was very useful to pin down your enemy while moving into the flank/back to finish him off).

Most synergies between the two range trees seem to be gone. From my perspective, these changes try to enforce focusing on only one range tree, which does to the SW what a strict separation of Agony/Calamity and Incineration/Immolation would do to a single target Sorc/BW.

Ads
anarchypark

Re: [SW] Single target rotation

Post#2 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:58 am

scout is ST. skirmish is aoe.
rotation : VoN - FA - AA - ( EA if u can stay foot or any instant ) FA - after 2nd FA - RF - FtW or start rotation again.
fill moving gap with instant.
HD is good but don't risk ur life. leave it to skirmishers.
you can finish 50% hp with FA - RF - FtW combo. ofc pick unguarded target.

scout KD is 110ft.
it's bonus that silencing and KD 2 healers.

heal debuff - stun at 50% - finisher.
that's how you kill healers.
scout can do it from far.

GL hunting.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Irnerius

Post#3 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:21 am

anarchypark wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:58 am scout is ST. skirmish is aoe.
rotation : VoN - FA - AA - ( EA if u can stay foot or any instant ) FA - after 2nd FA - RF - FtW or start rotation again.

scout KD is 110ft.

GL hunting.
Skirmisher was never meant to be a pure aoe tree. Skirmisher abilities were key elements of any decent Scout rotation and vice versa. Could you imagine a single target Sorc without Chillwind/VoT/WoP and Arctic Blast/Gloomburst/Impending Doom in one rotation?

Your Scout rotation shows an interesting list of skills. Using an ability with a 5 second cooldown twice without any dots or heal debuff to create some backload burst won’t apply any pressure if your target at least gets some group heals.

I think you missed the point: You could do everything – besides the knockdown in Scout Stance – before (you shouldn’t, there were better rotations, but you could) and combine it with your Skirmisher dots.

anarchypark

Post#4 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:03 pm

scout is direct dmg. cleansable DoT was never a main dish in my rotation.
filling gcd while moving at best.
dot timestamp is good, but not important as sorc/bw.

FA, RP and FtW don't need setup or preparation.
target shouldn't know when that burst land.
that surprise element is something i can't show in rotation.

sorc/bw debuff tells you burst will inc.
know that sound of effect ?
GA sound of glass shattering was same indicator. there were some targets showing evac movement after GA.
now that's gone, scout is sniper with muffler, who can kite.
imo, scout is strong more than ever.
Last edited by anarchypark on Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

agemennon675

Post#5 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:23 pm

Scout is stronger than before but I advice you to play skirm or assault because 110 ft range sniper is not working in scs/rvr/city/6v6 anywhere, the risk you take by going in sorc/magus range is not worth taking for the dmg output you have
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

anarchypark

Post#6 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:49 pm

agemennon675 wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:23 pm Scout is stronger than before but I advice you to play skirm or assault because 110 ft range sniper is not working in scs/rvr/city/6v6 anywhere, the risk you take by going in sorc/magus range is not worth taking for the dmg output you have

sorc and magus/pet are my main targets, alongside healers.
do not approaching into face. you have to pick unawared target. simply put, hide&flank. also wounded target is priority.

after you master rotations.
it's about position and targeting.

ps. I have skirmish setting too.

UnspeakableOath

Post#7 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:04 pm

Double post.
Last edited by UnspeakableOath on Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UnspeakableOath

Post#8 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:05 pm

Irnerius wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:21 am
anarchypark wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:58 am scout is ST. skirmish is aoe.

scout KD is 110ft.

GL hunting.
Your Scout rotation shows an interesting list of skills. Using an ability with a 5 second cooldown twice without any dots or heal debuff to create some backload burst won’t apply any pressure if your target at least gets some group heals.

I think you missed the point: You could do everything – besides the knockdown in Scout Stance – before (you shouldn’t, there were better rotations, but you could) and combine it with your Skirmisher dots.
Anarchy is either a troll who enjoys spreading disinformation or a visitor from an alternate dimension where RoR functions completely differently.

Ads
anarchypark

Post#9 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:11 pm

after some more testing, i fixed rotation.
i thought arrow flight speed patch disabled VoN activating on flight time. but it's still possible.
so, FA-VoN-AA-EE-FA is main rotation. but u have to hit VoN like crazy while casting.
2FA inside VoN, 10s stationary set. FA-AA-EE-FA is when VoN on CD.
half moving set is FA-VoN-instants-FA.
full moving is just BHA-SS spam.
finisher sets are RP-FtW and FA-FtW.
CC set is VoN-ES or TS-VoN-ES on 2nd target.

and mix all those sets. improvising.

ceramicartist

Post#10 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:43 am

agemennon675 wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:23 pm Scout is stronger than before but I advice you to play skirm or assault because 110 ft range sniper is not working in scs/rvr/city/6v6 anywhere, the risk you take by going in sorc/magus range is not worth taking for the dmg output you have
I'm sorry, but you're extremely wrong about Scout being stronger than before. Let me explain why.

*MORALE LOSS: M2 100% damage for x amount of seconds was ripped away from us long ago (This was the most powerful morale that made SW amazing)
*ABILITY LOSS: Flame Arrow is now in skirmish tree requiring you to be in Skirmish Stance (Nerf to Scout removing ability)
*TACTIC NERF: Enchanted Arrows is now half of a tactic for Scout Stance (Flame Arrow now in Skirmish, switching stances is not worth the small damage of a Skirmish Flame Arrow, and then getting back to Scout)
*ABILITY LOSS: Glass Arrow is no longer a damage ability that also cuts the range of your target (Not to mention this new ability just causes AP problems that SW already has issue with now)
*USELESS ABILITY: Steady Aim is not worth the build up time (Good luck getting that 4 second FA or 3 second EE off without getting disrupted for another 3 seconds)
*USELESS TACTIC: Guerrilla Training (Even if you wanted that extra survivability you have no tactic slots available without heavily nerfing yourself in other areas)
*ABILITY NERF: Eye Shot now forces you to stand still

Hope this helps clear things up for you.