Recent Topics

Ads

Fresh 40 DPS and Heal Archmage Sets (BL Question)

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
lsquallhart

Fresh 40 DPS and Heal Archmage Sets (BL Question)

Post#1 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:20 pm

Hey All

Just got my Beastlord set and actually close to getting all my pieces for Sentinel, Red Eye . . . and i've been getting other random drops.

I'm wondering, overall what sets are best for DPS Archmage, and Heal Archmage? Are there some combos I should be looking at? I have all these random pieces of gear, but not sure how to make the most of it.

I play both Heal and DPS so would love any insight on both of them if you have it.

Also, last question, but probably most important. I noticed Beastlord set has Willpower AND Intellect. Any odd Hybrid specs for this set that I should look into?
:?: :?: :?:

Ads
Nosun

Re: Fresh 40 DPS and Heal Archmage Sets (BL Question)

Post#2 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:29 am

I really dont know the answer and was wondering too. Im about to hit 73 on my AM and still kind feel like a bit of a noob at this class. I have the invader set for healing and its not bad at all. I only have dominator for dps and its not very good. I just started getting royals in city tonight so if there is a pro AM out there that knows what the best sets are i would love to hear it too.

Arbich
Suspended

Post#3 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:02 pm

Don't go for willpower and intelligence.
As dps you will use a tactic which lowers your healoutput, so you will get diminishing returns for you willpower.
As healer you extra dps is negligible, so every extra intelligence is wasted.
If you want to play with lifetaps (right tree), either go full heal and only use energy of Vaul from this tree or go full dps and basically ignore your left tree cast heals.

For heal-sets: vanquisher set is nice, due to ap proc set bonus. Also the last bonus on invader set is really strong. As general rule: it's not worth to mix heal sets for extra base stat bonuses (willpower, wounds etc.), better look for powerful set boni/procs.

For dps-sets: it's the scenario sets and the bloodlord set from Bastion stairs are dps sets. You can use parts of beastlord set also. Back and ring have both intelligence stats, especially the back is really good with extra talisman slot.
As dps you want to mix sets to get at least 2 intelligence set boni.
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

lsquallhart

Post#4 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:27 pm

This helps a lot thank you much. I understand BL now, good for the 3 piece.