[AM] Is it worth lvling up one?

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Yundakkor10

[AM] Is it worth lvling up one?

Post#1 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:17 am

Hello all! I'm newish (about a month playing) and I'm wondering if lvling up an AM is worth it for group PVP content. I keep hearing it's not the best and nigh on useless compared to RP/WP. I enjoy playing as a High Elf, but I don't want to feel gimped and excluded when it comes to endgame content, should I stop now and continue leveling up my DoK or zealot instead?

Ads
Fey

Re: [AM] Is it worth lvling up one?

Post#2 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:43 am

AM is good if you are willing to use many abilities with ease. You won't outheal other healers. What you have is utility. AP drain, aoe snare, silence or heal debuff. Aoe KB

Since your heal potential is truncated in comparison you must utilize your offensive spells to bridge the gap. Unfortunately these potent offensive abilities further cut into your heals because, naturally, you aren't casting heal abilities.

It is compelling gameplay to find the balance between straight healing, and viable ways to mitigate a lot of damage. AP drain the sorc or magus. Puddle snare the melee train.

Unfortunately the city favors min/Max, and now that heal rit procs Grungi's Gift RP will always be better for city barring maybe 1 slot for morale pump AM.

AM for dynamic zesty gameplay more for small man. RP/zealot for straight heals potent in city.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

dysfori

Post#3 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:46 am

Hi!

AM has its place in end game Warbands (organized if you wanna call them that). The instant resurrection and the puddles are two of the major things that is often wanted, if not demanded. Though they wont be in the same demand as Warrior Priest who a WB wants at least one in each group. So as you play a DoK on destro side you can see it like that you're already playing a WP ;)

With that said I love playing on my AM the times I log it. They have some sweet stuff but just not that explosive group healing that WP can bring and a little bit slower on single target heals compared to the RP.

Grimfang
Suspended

Post#4 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:36 am

Problem is you only need 1 maybe 2 AM in a warband and there are already enough. The utility isn’t that great to be honest as having low intel on a heal it gets disrupted a lot and you really want a healer keeping hots up on spare gcd.

That said there’s going to be a mechanic rework at some point that might improve things as you can’t utilise the cast time reduction and pre hot which due to the long cast times makes them fall behind the other healers with their flash heals.

Arbich
Suspended

Post#5 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:12 am

Go for it. Most people underestimate the usefulness of an AM and their healing potential.
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

Sulorie

Post#6 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:28 am

Play AM, it's a very fun and flexible class. Just change spec to adapt to the content you want to play and it never gets boring.
Dying is no option.

blechkautz

Post#7 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:52 am

Arbich wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:12 am Go for it. Most people underestimate the usefulness of an AM and their healing potential.
Also Am is the true masterclass for 6v6.

Click here to watch on YouTube

Wuu

Post#8 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:45 pm

Yes! Our healing needs to be reworked, but we are still a good healing class.
And DPS AM is the best solo class on Order ( possibly the game) hands down.

Ads
Kwatchi
Suspended

Post#9 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:04 pm

A qualified nope.

As others have said, there is usually only 1 slot available for AMs in organized city groups. But there are always 4 KoBs and 4 WPs in the Order meta atm. If you want to play in the end game, it is pretty easy math.

I still play my AM casually because it plays very differently and it gets called it gets called into the guild WB occasionally. But not enough for me to consider using it as a main.
Slayer - 40/7x
Archmage - 40/7x

Nosun

Post#10 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:32 pm

I think AM is fun especially as dps if you mainly want to heal you're much better off with WP or RP.