Recent Topics

Ads

[AM] Is it worth lvling up one?

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Grimfang
Suspended

Re: [AM] Is it worth lvling up one?

Post#11 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:38 pm

Nosun wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:32 pm I think AM is fun especially as dps if you mainly want to heal you're much better off with WP or RP.
Its good against pugs but dots are dogshit against heals. Plus endgame is all about melee trains.

Ads
Feomatar1
Suspended

Post#12 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:21 pm

worst order heal\best order hybrid dps. Not as good as shama for roaming tho.

Shooshpanzerer

Post#13 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:23 pm

Problem is as the AM you need to put perfect puddles, pump morale, blast Energy of Vaul, provide direct healing, survive and deal with the mechanics at the same time to be worth 1 slot in a premade WB over another RP or WP.

CountTalabecland

Post#14 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:01 pm

blechkautz wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:52 am
Arbich wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:12 am Go for it. Most people underestimate the usefulness of an AM and their healing potential.
Also Am is the true masterclass for 6v6.

Click here to watch on YouTube
AM looks so damn awkward running around in their dresses lol. Never really thought of mages as track stars but man there’s a lot of running involved in being a elf nerd kiting in a dress.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

lsquallhart

Post#15 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:20 am

Here is my experience.

Heal AM can clear any content. You will be invited to cities, warbands, PVE groups, etc. Any healer, on Destro or Order can clear any content. Even the most hardcore guilds on the server, with restrictions on what classes they will bring, always have AM as a class they are willing to recruit (although, they will expect you to be main heal, at least for their events).

DPS AM is more of a solo affair. It's for roaming, 1v1, annoying people in scenarios by going DPS spec ( :lol: ) but you wont add much to a group, except for maybe a small one. There are some actual good players out there who will invite you because they understand and know the power of AM, and dont follow min/max trends on the forums. However, DPS AM is not wanted or needed in large scale RvR or Cities. They just dont have the AOE power or utility. But . . . to be the literal best hybrid DPS class (AM out dps Shaman), not a bad trade off when you can clear all content in one spec, and have a side spec thats super fun and powerful. And remember, you can do Cities and large scale RvR in your heal spec.

Now for a little personal story:

I almost quit this game because of the communities reaction to AM. They listen to others and do not use their own critical thinking skills to understand the class. Case in point.

I really wanted my Beast Lord quests done, and I had TWO groups in a span of a few days refuse to let me join them , because I was an Arch Mage. When I said I could fill either DPS or Heal spot, they laughed and me and treated me rudely, telling me to roll another class. Then I joined some PVE groups, who blamed me for being a terrible AM and not knowing how to heal. Surely, I felt the problem must be me, right?

No. The next day I joined a group for Beast Lord quests. I said is AM okay? They said of course it is. They said i could DPS or heal, they just needed me to spec for AOE cleanse (see the versatility I mentioned?).

We cleared all the BL content insanely fast. Not only that, but we killed two warbands of Destro that were camping the spot! How satisfying is it to not only get your quests done, but also wipe the floor with some Destro while you're doing it :). It felt great to be around people that knew the value of my class and invited me to go along for a perfect clear.

The people who refused to invite me based on my class?

They're still spamming for help today to complete their quests. Sucks for them.

The whole point of this story is this.

AM to some has a reputation of not being as good as RP/WP. Here are the facts. RP/WP synchronize much better together, and they just have the raw healing stats to perform well in the type of PvP this game is currently pushing (Cities). Does that mean AM is not good? No, absolutely not. AM can still perform well and clear ALL content. ALL of it.

The only difference is, you are going to have to prove yourself on AM. Arch mage has WAYYYYY more to juggle than WP and RP. I will go ahead and say it (I've played all 3 classes). AM have a much higher skill ceiling than the other healers. That's why you see people in this thread saying just roll something else because its easier to play, and you dont have to try as hard to get the same results.

People forget that AM is a very offensive healer, and the smaller healing numbers are because you are getting off perfect puddles, and debuffing the enemy at the right time. RP/WP can just focus on healing bars and not the battlefield. AMs have to manage healing and having very very very good observation of their surroundings and positioning because you cannot mess up as much. You have to have your eyes on the little fights happening all over the field, so you know the perfect time to land your offensive debuff spells.

People who do not understand the value of AM are poor players, closed minded, and follow the herd mentality.

One thing that's great about my AM is I'm surrounded by amazing players who know my value, and are generally awesome people cuz they know to bring the player and not the class :).

TLDR

AM has its issues, its not the strongest healer, but damn this class has value and any good player will see that and welcome you. I just cannot play RP/WP anymore because I love the feeling of landing my offensive spells perfectly, making AM an amazing support not only for healing but sealing the deal on kills as well. Their importance is undervalued because it is not reflected on healing meters or stat sheets.

If I want a more relaxed play, I will log onto my Rune Priest or my Zealot and just kick back and heal. If thats the style you want, I suggest RP/WP or Zealot/DOK. Overall I feel Zealot is the most relaxed healing experience overall. I Just kick back and watch the meters.

Nosun

Post#16 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:11 am

Very undervalued class I agree with you. You can keep up with most other classes as either dps or heals but I came back to this thread to say about end game yes you will be left out not because am is not a capable class but because people think it is.

MMXX43

Post#17 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:36 am

Wuu wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:45 pm Yes! Our healing needs to be reworked, but we are still a good healing class.
And DPS AM is the best solo class on Order ( possibly the game) hands down.
Wrong sadly , its the dps shaman.

Foltestik

Post#18 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:25 pm

its easy if you are very good player play AM
if you are normal play another healer

90% of order AMs are **** many times i see in city (heal) AM overhealed by SM

Ads
Lilim
Community Management

Post#19 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:39 pm

Foltestik wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:25 pm ....many times i see in city (heal) AM overhealed by SM

oh boy....pls learn to differentiate....

A "heal"-specced SM is a wasted spot (much fluff heal)...and of course a SM heals more when there is actually nothing to heal, due to the wounds proc (see WP wounds buff).
This will never happen in a coordinate WB, more in a pug WB. There are so many things during a city siege or a SC that influence heal numbers.

normanis

Post#20 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:47 pm

get friend am and level as dps am. what can go wrong with 2x dps am.
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"