Recent Topics

Ads

[WL] Cleave limb change

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Mordd
Posts: 84

[WL] Cleave limb change

Post#1 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:25 pm

The cooldown and duration were changed to supposedly make it the mirror of other MDPS snares, but due to only changing the duration and reuse it has made it the worst of all of the snares. The down sides of the WL snare were left in place, being higher AP coast and reduced damage. The marauders snare has significantly higher damage and all of the other snares use 25 AP while the WL is still 30. This doesnt seem like much but the WL already suffers from high AP costs and burns through its AP fast.

The reason given for the nerf was to homogenize it with the other MDPS snares, but this was not what was done.

Ads
User avatar
phononHYPE
Posts: 251

Re: [WL] Cleave limb change

Post#2 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:36 pm

As a side, people always seem to say WL have a lot of high AP costs, but I feel like that is not true. I never see them pot (AP), or even pause in any type of rotation. So I also rolled a WL so I could see if they were as OP as every one says, and I've not had an AP problem there either (no AP gear).

As for your main point, let me get home and log in before I can actually look at my different toons snare cost.
Kaputcha - Dooooooom Diiiiiiiiiva!
Image
Doom Diver doing wot Doom Diver do!

Klesko
Posts: 67

Re: [WL] Cleave limb change

Post#3 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:49 pm

phononHYPE wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:36 pm
As a side, people always seem to say WL have a lot of high AP costs, but I feel like that is not true. I never see them pot (AP), or even pause in any type of rotation. So I also rolled a WL so I could see if they were as OP as every one says, and I've not had an AP problem there either (no AP gear).

As for your main point, let me get home and log in before I can actually look at my different toons snare cost.
(High) AP costs is not a "feel" thing. You literally just look at the numbers... they're not hidden values.

I don't see what AP pot usage has to do with the discussion. Is that another "feel" thing? Do you get some indication or alert when people use AP pots?
The abilities could all be costing 100ap with some crazy patch but when your expert eye sees no AP pot usage your argument is that high AP costs is not an issue... yeah, let's run with that.

Grimfang
Posts: 107

Re: [WL] Cleave limb change

Post#4 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:53 pm

You plow through ap on a wl to put out the big burst.

User avatar
wargrimnir
Head Game Master
Posts: 6549
Contact:

Re: [WL] Cleave limb change

Post#5 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:54 pm

5 AP difference is elf tax.
Image
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Klesko
Posts: 67

Re: [WL] Cleave limb change

Post#6 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:04 pm

wargrimnir wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:54 pm
5 AP difference is elf tax.
That's a weak tax, my friend; if the first implementation of the Glass Arrow changes are any indication (taxation on literally every ability, including stance swapping (y'know, to utilize the stance-swapping, AP reducing tactic) lolol).

Now if only I could find a harbor with tea-carrying vessels...

Foofmonger
Posts: 427

Re: [WL] Cleave limb change

Post#7 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:08 pm

WL is given higher AP costs because the pet is free AP-less damage. Was part of the original design.

Mordd
Posts: 84

Re: [WL] Cleave limb change

Post#8 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:29 pm

wargrimnir wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:54 pm
5 AP difference is elf tax.
It should be 20ap for having to wear a dress!

Ads
Mordd
Posts: 84

Re: [WL] Cleave limb change

Post#9 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:33 pm

Foofmonger wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:08 pm
WL is given higher AP costs because the pet is free AP-less damage. Was part of the original design.
marauders have higher damage AND less AP. excuse doesnt hold water.

User avatar
adamthelc
Posts: 827

Re: [WL] Cleave limb change

Post#10 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:28 pm

Mordd wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:25 pm
The cooldown and duration were changed to supposedly make it the mirror of other MDPS snares, but due to only changing the duration and reuse it has made it the worst of all of the snares. The down sides of the WL snare were left in place, being higher AP coast and reduced damage. The marauders snare has significantly higher damage and all of the other snares use 25 AP while the WL is still 30. This doesnt seem like much but the WL already suffers from high AP costs and burns through its AP fast.

The reason given for the nerf was to homogenize it with the other MDPS snares, but this was not what was done.
Its almost like the snare effect is the most important part of the ability and that's what they were balancing.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests