Recent Topics

Ads

[Am] could do with some loving

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
darkt

[Am] could do with some loving

Post#1 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:43 pm

Ever since i joined this server i enjoyed playing my AM.
But lately i noticed a trend, it seems a lot of guild/people are disliking the AM when it comes to city/warband runs.
and have hear a lot of comments:

Here are a few:
- Seeing there to squishy? We dont want them.
- They cant heal well when on the move and yes even in a leech build setup the healing is subpar compaired to some other classes.
- There only good for AP Drain and or Moral Boost.
- But nobody really sees them them as healers.

It might just be me but i feel that the class i enjoy the most really seems to lose its shine when it comes to teamplay.
and yes i know loads of people only play AM as a Dps, while there ment to be played as a Hybrid seeing that is what there carreer ability is all about, And thats the complete issue with AM, there ment to weave, to get Tranquility and or Focus, but they cant seeing they need to spam heal ... or spam attack.. so you cant even weave if you wanted to.

I really hope they devs could take a look at AM as a healer, because even when i look at the abilities of Path of Isha, there is only 1 or 2 things that could be handy in a RvR/SC fight. Seeing most of it means standing still and dying seeing your already squishy like a tomato or you cant even weave fast enough to get your abilities up.

Having that said:
What is your input on this, do you think that it is true that they dont really have a place in warband beside being a Booster/Drainer, are they to squishy ? or should they be able to cast more on the move? Or even cast faster so they can weave more?

would love to hear your opinion about it.

Greetz
Pennycillin

P.s sorry for any typo's English is not my native language,

Ads
zenzo

Re: [Am] could do with some loving

Post#2 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:46 am

Yes AM healer are subpar compared to RP/WP.
Though, lot of guild, will still accept you in city, maybe not the "most" Competitive ones.
If you wan't to min/max reroll another heal.
If you play for fun, stay with your AM ;-)

PS: Sadly, I don't think there is any AM change planned in the near future

Nekkma

Post#3 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:56 am

Personally, I think both am/shaman is way to tactic heavy. Both classes have at least double the amount of tactics you can use as viable options for healing. For instance, group cleanse got added as a separate tactic when it could have been added (perhaps slightly modified) to the existing absorb on cleanse. Both classes have an abundance of decent to good tactics so that adding buffs through new tactics always mean losing something perhaps equally good.
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron

SepticDisaster

Post#4 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:04 am

To me it seems that AM (and Shaman for that matter) are too strong in the damage department which may make them hesitant to buff them in the healing department. Perhaps tweaking them by bring damage down a little and bringing healing up and keeping utility where it is?

gglanouille

Post#5 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:40 am

well AM and shammans are more toolboxes that strong healers, right ?
You have plenty of very nice tools, buff, debuff, but less heals skills that the others healers classes...
They are more looking like offhealers and support D:

Arbich
Suspended

Post#6 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:35 pm

SepticDisaster wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:04 am To me it seems that AM (and Shaman for that matter) are too strong in the damage department which may make them hesitant to buff them in the healing department. Perhaps tweaking them by bring damage down a little and bringing healing up and keeping utility where it is?
Thats a very unique viewpoint, I would say :D
You mean life-tap healing?

I think AM heal is mostly fine. Whats a bit annoying (since live server) is that their resistance buff (and the one from RP, but he at least has other options) gets overshadowed by knight resistance buff. I never understand why the resistance aura of knight is the only aura where his buffs for groupmates is different than the debuff for enemies.

I would say that AM gets a huge buff with sov set. Isnt their any AM around who got enough sov pieces and can share his experience with this build:

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... mm=&mt=&t=
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

Deifact

Post#7 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:10 pm

I think it depends what the devs want the mechanic to do. If it's to encourage weaving between damage and healing;
  • Tranquility and Force convert a percentage (20/40/60/80/100) of your stats from items into either int/wisdom, magic crit/healing crit etc. depending on how many points you have of each. Similar to Harbinger of Doom. So 5 Force will convert 100% of wisdom from items into Intelligence.
  • Using a healing skill converts all currently accrued Tranquility into Force, and adds an additional point of Force (if not at 5 already).
  • Using a damage skill converts all currently accrued Force into Tranquility, and gives one additional point of Tranquility (if not at 5).
  • Using a healing skill (will convert all Tranquility into Force) followed by another healing skill will subtract one Force.
  • Using a damage skill (will convert all Force into Tranquility) followed by another damage skill will subtract one Tranquility.
This way, you build up more Force/Tranquility by alternating between Healing and Damage spells, and as a result each gets more powerful due to the stat conversion. Casting multiple spells in a row is possible still, but you lose the benefit of casting spells opposite of what you're geared for.

Change "Empowered Lores" to allow two damage spells or two healing spells to be cast in succession without losing a point of Force or Tranquility.

Change "Master of Tranquility" and "Master of Force" to provide an additional 10% stat conversion to their corresponding spells. So 5 Force will convert 110% of Wisdom from items into Intelligence.

Valarion

Post#8 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:28 pm

Deifact wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:10 pm I think it depends what the devs want the mechanic to do. If it's to encourage weaving between damage and healing;
  • Tranquility and Force convert a percentage (20/40/60/80/100) of your stats from items into either int/wisdom, magic crit/healing crit etc. depending on how many points you have of each. Similar to Harbinger of Doom. So 5 Force will convert 100% of wisdom from items into Intelligence.
  • Using a healing skill converts all currently accrued Tranquility into Force, and adds an additional point of Force (if not at 5 already).
  • Using a damage skill converts all currently accrued Force into Tranquility, and gives one additional point of Tranquility (if not at 5).
  • Using a healing skill (will convert all Tranquility into Force) followed by another healing skill will subtract one Force.
  • Using a damage skill (will convert all Force into Tranquility) followed by another damage skill will subtract one Tranquility.
This way, you build up more Force/Tranquility by alternating between Healing and Damage spells, and as a result each gets more powerful due to the stat conversion. Casting multiple spells in a row is possible still, but you lose the benefit of casting spells opposite of what you're geared for.

Change "Empowered Lores" to allow two damage spells or two healing spells to be cast in succession without losing a point of Force or Tranquility.

Change "Master of Tranquility" and "Master of Force" to provide an additional 10% stat conversion to their corresponding spells. So 5 Force will convert 110% of Wisdom from items into Intelligence.

Careful testing or variations on the % stat increase will need to be done as to not make the outcome of this op, but these are all great ideas here.
80+ WP/Dok/RP/Zealot 60+ AM/Shaman/Knight/Chosen/SM/BO/BW/Sorc 40+WL/Eng. SW deleted

Ads
Deifact

Post#9 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:58 pm

Yeah I've no idea if it'd be OP. I wish more tactics played more on the idea of using the career mechanic. Like why can't tactics offer both bonuses to healing and magic abilities depending on how much force or tranquility AM has?

Sulorie

Post#10 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:59 pm

Arbich wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:35 pm

I would say that AM gets a huge buff with sov set. Isnt their any AM around who got enough sov pieces and can share his experience with this build:

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... mm=&mt=&t=
One can basically experience the build, when skipping magical infusion. So yeah, sov set is a good buff to heal sham/am.
Dying is no option.