Recent Topics

Ads

[Am] could do with some loving

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: [Am] could do with some loving

Post#21 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:12 pm

Ugle wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:22 pm The class and its mirror was both good, fun and engaging with Azas lifetap mechanic. Maybe a little over the top (but really not by much compared to WP/Dok), but sad to see it removed rather than tweaked, allthough I understand it is beyond the ability of the current devs to do so.
Don't mistake ability with priority. AM/Sham is on the list to be addressed in the future.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
Ugle

Post#22 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:42 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:12 pm
Ugle wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:22 pm The class and its mirror was both good, fun and engaging with Azas lifetap mechanic. Maybe a little over the top (but really not by much compared to WP/Dok), but sad to see it removed rather than tweaked, allthough I understand it is beyond the ability of the current devs to do so.
Don't mistake ability with priority. AM/Sham is on the list to be addressed in the future.
Nice to hear :)
inactive

Arziak
Suspended

Post#23 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:58 pm

After what you did on sw better dont touch am/shaman...

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#24 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:17 pm

Arziak wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:58 pm After what you did on sw better dont touch am/shaman...
Comments like this make me question if people read the TOS. Whether I should just apply a warning, give a brief response. Maybe explain that the changes to SW aren't finished and we're aware of the problems. It's a tough job being responsible for making changes. Actually reading comments and being active on the forums despite getting a lot of the feedback in less than helpful responses. Seeing dozens of posts just asking for straight reverts to changes with no alternative suggestion or explanation aside from "this bad" when something is clearly bugged or not even working.

Don't worry though, despite baseless objections, we're very touchy, and will continue to be touchy. I hope you learn to cope with that. We catch the abuse if we do nothing, we catch the abuse if we try something different. Either way, we do this more for ourselves than anyone else. It sure is nice to find thoughtful constructive feedback once in a while.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ugle

Post#25 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:43 pm

Well tbh regarding SW changes there have been numerous threads with suggestions provided, small changes as well as larger revamps, but instead of (apparantly) listening to those suggestions you decide to do a large revamp that dosent really address the problems and adds new problems to tackle, so it shouldn't be a surprise you get complaints.

This said, happy for the attention and recognizing there is a problem with the class, not so happy about the applied changes (which "the community" probably never will be, due to as many different viewpoints as there are players)
inactive

Gareul

Post#26 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:48 pm

I would rather see them keep there offensive utility maybe have abit more for Party/WB fights and a little more help in the off-heal department it fits the class fantasy more and its the way i like them played.

Crumbs

Post#27 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:10 pm

I got one simple solution, add an instant cast 20 sec cooldown tranquil/force flip ability.

So this ability would flip whatever amount of mechanic stacks to the opposite side on demand, it still requires the mechanic to be built up and it is still consumed
Mekanik/Cqb [engi] 40/86
Zuu [AM] 40/83
[magus] 40/70

Starx

Post#28 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:27 pm

darkt wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:43 pm
Here are a few:
- Seeing there to squishy? We dont want them.
- They cant heal well when on the move and yes even in a leech build setup the healing is subpar compaired to some other classes.
- There only good for AP Drain and or Moral Boost.
- But nobody really sees them them as healers.

First 2 points are true, AM is the squishiest healer an the easiest to punish. You will ALWAYS be targeted first by any good destro group no matter what content.

The next point, AP drain is kinda a meme. It's good, but its not so good that its like class defining utility that actually shines enough to make them wanted. Moral boost only works in voice comms, in an organized WB WITH a WB leader playing around it. It's so unimaginably clunky and the hoops you have to jump through to make it work are retarded. What actually does define AM in the healer role is insta res, and its why you will always see 1-2 of them. In any even fight (you know the 1 out of 50 city that arent total shitstomps) chain ressing is OP and having insta res in your toolkit as a wb is amazing, and it easily lets healers know who is in charge of res for lesser organized groups I guess.

Last point, I don't think its other ppl that don't see them as healers. AM players just get fed up, either because they played a legit OP healer like RP and know how bad AM is compared to it or they just dont cut it and can't easily find groups for city. Either case might as well just go DPS AM and get free kills on destro pugs who dont have healelrs so they can come onto the forums and bitch and whine about DPS AM being OP because that one time they died in reikland to 3 dots while picking boogers out of their nose in a pub warband where both the healers were watching netflix.

Ads
Geometric
Suspended

Post#29 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:53 pm

My quick & "easy" **** healing AM fixes (I don't care about dps AMs, don't @ me):
1) Revert Funnel Essence to the original bugged live version (i.e. it didn't channel, it was a HoT)
2) Make the class mechanic confer an armor bonus based on the built up amount, and have it get consumed as you get hit (or not consumed at all, I don't care). Have it be a damage shield for dps AMs - again, I have no interest in dps AMs / don't care what bone is thrown their way.
3) Give us a cooler buff than the resist buff that doesn't stack with everyone else's resist buff. I don't care what it is, you guys will think of something.

**** - I'm not a programmer, it's probably not 'easy' to make any fix!

Kwatchi
Suspended

Post#30 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:56 pm

Starx wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:27 pm Last point, I don't think its other ppl that don't see them as healers. AM players just get fed up, either because they played a legit OP healer like RP and know how bad AM is compared to it or they just dont cut it and can't easily find groups for city. Either case might as well just go DPS AM and get free kills on destro pugs who dont have healelrs so they can come onto the forums and bitch and whine about DPS AM being OP because that one time they died in reikland to 3 dots while picking boogers out of their nose in a pub warband where both the healers were watching netflix.
I'd say that is partially true. We brought 2 AMs last night and they were there as healers, but more specifically "secondary healers" paired with a WP because that instant rez tactic is so crucial to our comp. So our AMs are not expected to challenge for top numbers on the meter (because they frankly just don't have the throughput when on the run), but they are vital to keep us out of the rez cycle and pitch in where they can with the tools they have.

They do get picked on mercilessly though because Destro knows how squishy they are. That is a big part of why we rarely bring more than 1 in cities and it can be very demoralizing for the player always being highest deaths/lowest heals on the epeen meters. So while we do have one amazing AM main, the rest have all become alts for that slot.
Slayer - 40/7x
Archmage - 40/7x