Recent Topics

Ads

[Am] could do with some loving

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Kwatchi
Suspended

Re: [Am] could do with some loving

Post#11 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:16 pm

The AM is in a weird spot in that it can be great in oRvR where you can kite and have to time to weave dps/heals, but suffers in the tight quarters of cities/sc where "pure" roles are needed and being squishy gets you picked on. That is probably why you really only see one AM slotted as an insta-rezzer/morale pump normally in organised city groups, as the drawbacks are too severe.

My personal opinion is that AMs are actually close, but just need an easier way to build towards a desired "pure" role. Even if we are already tactic over-reliant, that is probably the simplest solution for the Devs to implement. Something along the lines of a reversal to the Balance mechanic: i.e. the more you cast in Isha, the faster/larger/cheaper/whatever the casts become. Cast outside that tree and go back to zero, then build back up to peak efficiency. Similar to the Slayer/Choppa mechanic in a way.

Stick a Reverse Flow for Heals tactic in the 3rd slot of the Isha Tree (and drop Wild Healing), and stick a Reverse Flow for DPS tactic in the Asuryan tree in the 3rd slot (and drop Khaine's Touch). BUT those who like weaving still have the default mechanic and as it is harder to maintain they get a better bonus (but to what degree IDK). Now you have a class where the player decides the style of play they want to use and the higher skilled "weavers" are rewarded rather than having the "purists" punished.

This doesn't solve the durability problems that cities exacerbates, but it will help fix the throughput issues. There always has to be a drawback though in order to keep things challenging.

I can't speak to Shamans with much experience, but I think they'd benefit here too.
Slayer - 40/7x
Archmage - 40/7x

Ads
darkt

Post#12 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:44 pm

Deifact wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:10 pm I think it depends what the devs want the mechanic to do. If it's to encourage weaving between damage and healing;
  • Tranquility and Force convert a percentage (20/40/60/80/100) of your stats from items into either int/wisdom, magic crit/healing crit etc. depending on how many points you have of each. Similar to Harbinger of Doom. So 5 Force will convert 100% of wisdom from items into Intelligence.
  • Using a healing skill converts all currently accrued Tranquility into Force, and adds an additional point of Force (if not at 5 already).
  • Using a damage skill converts all currently accrued Force into Tranquility, and gives one additional point of Tranquility (if not at 5).
  • Using a healing skill (will convert all Tranquility into Force) followed by another healing skill will subtract one Force.
  • Using a damage skill (will convert all Force into Tranquility) followed by another damage skill will subtract one Tranquility.
This way, you build up more Force/Tranquility by alternating between Healing and Damage spells, and as a result each gets more powerful due to the stat conversion. Casting multiple spells in a row is possible still, but you lose the benefit of casting spells opposite of what you're geared for.

Change "Empowered Lores" to allow two damage spells or two healing spells to be cast in succession without losing a point of Force or Tranquility.

Change "Master of Tranquility" and "Master of Force" to provide an additional 10% stat conversion to their corresponding spells. So 5 Force will convert 110% of Wisdom from items into Intelligence.
love this idear, seeing they basicly are ment to beplayed as weavers and not as a moral pump or ap drain only.
just wondering is there survivability isnt a issue still. Seeing when the warband is on the move. You have to stand still to aoe heal/strong heal.
So with all the mobile stuff going on.

Maybe increase the cast time reduction the more tranquil / force you build? That would also make the weaving more viable.

anarchypark

Post#13 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:46 pm

AM is first target in city.
SH jump target for cd increase.
choppa pull target.
any backline can be target of this combo but AM is easiest to kill.
I suspect they even melt by non target blind cc+aoe.
It's rare AM survive KD. if survived it took too much support to sustain his life. better spend it elsewhere.

to counter this it requires super extra coordination.
positioning, marsh, kiting, heal/guard.
while destro simply rush press 1 skill to disable AM and around it.
input/output unbalance.

best is not to get caught. but what should he do hiding. spam grp heal?

maybe it's half player issue.
failed positioning. but where is the good position in bomb meta?

I think this's why wb don't want AM.
not sure how to fix it.
though AM mechanic can be altered.

To be continued...
in balance forum.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Deifact

Post#14 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:04 pm

Wild Healing could be changed to have the effect of "50% of healing done to an ally already at full health will heal another injured ally within 100 metres" or something along those lines, to try to replicate Pass It On from shaman, and to make it more interesting as a tactic.

darkt

Post#15 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:27 pm

Sulorie wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:59 pm
Arbich wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:35 pm

I would say that AM gets a huge buff with sov set. Isnt their any AM around who got enough sov pieces and can share his experience with this build:

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... mm=&mt=&t=
One can basically experience the build, when skipping magical infusion. So yeah, sov set is a good buff to heal sham/am.
Thats almost the build im running at the moment. still see issues with having to stand still way to much when a warband is on the move, making me fall behind and getting targeted. I know possitioning is very thing and im not new to the healer class, played i back in official servers, and i basicly dont play anything else then healer, in any mmo/mmorpg/fps.

but i would drop Funnel essence and take the tactic Arcing Power (Path of vaul) seeing for mobility and dps weaving. and use Apothesis seeing we can group cleans and heal at the same time with a benefit (not yet tested) it should remove that ap drain abilities that are Hexes or Ailings.

darkt

Post#16 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:35 pm

gglanouille wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:40 am well AM and shammans are more toolboxes that strong healers, right ?
You have plenty of very nice tools, buff, debuff, but less heals skills that the others healers classes...
They are more looking like offhealers and support D:
and thats where the issue is, some of the so called support stuff can be done beter by other classes, hence groups dont really take them.

Grimfang
Suspended

Post#17 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:03 pm

The class was alright when the game was heading in a less burst orientated way. Seems the devs plans have changed with classes getting buffed with more dps and so much crit was added to gear again. Hots and dots just dont cut it anymore and survivabilitiy is king. Shame really as the game is getting back to how live was.

Ugle

Post#18 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:22 pm

The class and its mirror was both good, fun and engaging with Azas lifetap mechanic. Maybe a little over the top (but really not by much compared to WP/Dok), but sad to see it removed rather than tweaked, allthough I understand it is beyond the ability of the current devs to do so.
inactive

Ads
havartii

Post#19 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:21 pm

Does anyone know if Apotheosis and Isha's Encouragement sync. I have tried it and does not seem to work together. In theory you would remove all dot's from your group and they would all be healed for the said amount. This could help the AM's heals?
Order: 70 AM / 76 RP/ 72 Knight/ 58 WH
Destro: 82 Sham / 79 Zealot/ 70 DoK /70 Magus /68 Mara
Many alts on both sides now ruined by new currency change

Ugle

Post#20 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:49 pm

The tactics should be merged imo
inactive