Recent Topics

Ads

DPS AM

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Socratic85

DPS AM

Post#1 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:22 am

Hello guys, did city as dps and it was awful, my dps was really bad, im aware i wont be at the top but im sure i was doing something wrong.
Can someone share their city experience as AM in city?
Spec would be helpful
Tks
Last edited by Socratic85 on Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Fey

Re: DPS AM

Post#2 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:46 am

My first instinct would be to focus on aoe ap drain, puddle, and then aoe knockback. Aoe ap drain the tank train. Puddle chokepoints. AoeKB a few healers to take them out of the fight momentarily. Those and your aoe debuffs. Don't get hung up on damage. you don't have a lot of aoe outside Dissipating Energies that is worth much. Don't run Radient Burst for example.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

Noslock

Post#3 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:10 am

Socratic85 wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:22 am Hello guys, did city as dps and it was awful, my dps was really bad, im aware i wont at the top but im sure i was doing something wrong.
Can someone share their city experience as AM in city?
Spec would be helpful
Tks
The thing you r doin wrong is join city as dps.

desizt

Post#4 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:42 am

Dissipating energies + dispel magic tactic works wonders too.
Nonoffensive - WE
Faceburn - BW
+ tons of misc alts

~ First rr100 WE on live.
~ First WE with 1+ million RvR kills on live.

Download RoR Client directly via Google Drive(updated 04 Oct 2020)

phononHYPE

Post#5 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:09 pm

Joining city as some off-spec (eg I'm 2h choppa), you have to find some other way to contribute. Dps AM's, to the best of my understanding, are good at mobile fights and 1 vs few (1-3). City is the opposite of this, large groups with limited mobility, so the strengths of the solo roaming dps AM is a huge hindrance. So, you can either collect healing gear and swap tactics and gear for city, as it is not always possible to respec renown, or as a ranged dps class sit back as an emergency rezzer and puddle-controll areas, while spreading dots as much as you can. When you see some weak or low person, you then focus them down. Those are your best options as far as I can see.

On that note, everyone (tanks & healers) should have primary (tank & healer) sets as back-up on them at all times. Sure sure, your playing your way and your leet dps when you roam solo and crap, but you need to be able to support a team in cities, so do that.
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative