Recent Topics

Ads

Looking for a SM build.

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
skyfallen1986

Re: Looking for a SM build.

Post#11 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:22 am

Kadabras wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 12:20 pm
skyfallen1986 wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 1:19 am
Hey buddy.

Spend your renown points in futile strikes 3 at least. Then start looking into block and parry for SnB or just parry for 2h. Talismans look to slot armor and wounds for SnB (toughness again does not help you mitigate guard damage so wounds provides a larger HP pool to deal with and also helps to survive morale bombs).

Lastly SM is absolutely viable 2h also (not so much in large scale) but its super dependent on higher level gear and rr (as everything in this game is).

Hey guys I was looking at this debate ,and since I'm a newbie SM I wanna ask you something. I'm leveling a SM for some small scale roaming and an occasional oRvR. What talis do you recommend for a 2h small scale?
Strength all the way mate. SM gets good contribution to damage from strength and crit. Perhaps some wounds also.

Remember Ensorcelled agony gains contribution from strength and can crit, also same applies to deep incision making them two very strong tactics alongside GWM and BA.

Hope this helps.

Ads
Kadabras

Post#12 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:41 pm

Thx for the response, I was more inclined for wounds, since I would still be a tank in my party? Wouldn't I loose a little bit of survibility with strenght all the way?

anarchypark

Post#13 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:22 pm

Kadabras wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:41 pm
Thx for the response, I was more inclined for wounds, since I would still be a tank in my party? Wouldn't I loose a little bit of survibility with strenght all the way?

in dps mode you're not tank anyway.
that's mdps with slight better armor.
go full dps or full tank with 2h.
str or tough.
balance between them after end gear.

full toughness 2h debuffer is one of build.
SM8, SW8, AM7, WL4, KoBS5, BW4, WP8, WH4, IB4, EG3, RP4, SL5
BG7, Sorc6, DoK7, WE7, Cs7, Mg7, Ze6, Mara6, BO4, SH4, Shm5, Chop3
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Kadabras

Post#14 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:51 pm

Hmm yeah I was more inclined for a tank build 2h for small scale and s/b for big rvr, hmm would it be better to slot wounds besides tought since tough doens't protect me from guard dmg?