Recent Topics

Ads

[WL] "Useless" skills?

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Xavarir

[WL] "Useless" skills?

Post#1 » Tue May 05, 2020 1:54 pm

Just started playing and chose to play WL. I've read a fair bit on the forums and, after spending 27 levels mostly PvPing, it seems that some skills are just pointless.

Both Shattering Blow and Blindside apply damage over time effects but they are often cleansed and if I use them often I find myself starved for AP. Are these ever worth using?

Any experienced WLs able to give me a run down of which skills are worth using?

Ads
wachlarz

Re: [WL] "Useless" skills?

Post#2 » Tue May 05, 2020 3:03 pm

U can use two ap pots. They are cheap. Problem solved.

Xavarir

Post#3 » Tue May 05, 2020 5:15 pm

That's helpful advice in general but would you ever prioritize the DoT skills over a standard burst rotation in a group setting?

Pounce -> snare (if required) -> heal debuff (if required) -> FO -> CS -> thin -> cull -> filler?

wachlarz

Post#4 » Tue May 05, 2020 5:31 pm

This skils U write have coldowns. U auto-attack when on cd ? U need use other skils to kill good players. And somthing is wrong if U kill any other class with 6 skils. Class is OP or enemy is not skilled.

Dragontank

Post#5 » Tue May 05, 2020 5:37 pm

They are not really the go to skills for a white lion and you are low level atm

You wonna start your rotation with a Cleave Limb to slow them then follow up with Pack Assault and Co-Ordinatied strike whilst using Sundering Chop as your bread and butter like spam abilty make sure your hitting from the sides or back.
Other Abilities are debuff abilities i would use when fighting certain classes.
Shattering blow when hitting from behind reduces str make sure u read all the abilites for white lion. :)

Hope It helps

dansari

Post#6 » Tue May 05, 2020 6:47 pm

OP: "useless skills" are mainly Hack and Baiting Strike, unless you are running a solo build with Baited Trap.

For small scale it's better, imo, to run right tree instead of middle. Something like this with Trained to Kill.

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,4264,4252

Are you grouped with an SM? Then Lion's Fury is probably a solid rotation filler. Most of your rotation though will be armor debuff > snare > pack assault > coordinated strike > sundering chop. Set up your Enemy combat logs then run a few (3-4 scenarios). Check your logs. What abilities are doing the most damage? Start prioritizing those.

For large scale, can't go wrong with this (interrupt before damage buff if you are <70). I run Trained to Hunt for the added dot pressure and it scales with points in left tree: https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,4258,4280

Rotation is pretty simple here. Armor debuff priority targets. Interrupt key channels (group heals/rezzes/armpit flaring choppas/keyboard faceroll squigs/dying on the cross doks), Slashing Blade filler. Whirling Axe if you think you won't get interrupted+have immunities.

wachlarz wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 5:31 pm This skils U write have coldowns. U auto-attack when on cd ? U need use other skils to kill good players. And somthing is wrong if U kill any other class with 6 skils. Class is OP or enemy is not skilled.
wat
<Salt Factory>

teiloh

Post#7 » Wed May 06, 2020 6:07 am

Just spec Stalker and Furious Mending bro

Faef

Post#8 » Wed May 06, 2020 8:06 am

Are the stalker changes still in affect? I wasn't sure as the descriptions are wrong, should go and test I suppose.

Hack is actually not so useless now if you have the 50% armour pen tactic slotted, I don't have any ap issues now and it stacks with FO and hits slightly harder than Sundering with the armour pen. If your not slotting that tactic, don't use hack.

If I'm using Sundering, I try to slot lion heart, that makes lion fury more useful and cheaper, again, helps the ap situation. Pots are great obviously, but you might not want to interrupt your burst.

*Update*
You might have been joking Teiloh, apologies if so, but just tested stalker and its doing nothing (as in not boosting pet crit and stats as it did with an earlier version).

Ads