Recent Topics

Ads

[WL] Whats going wrong?

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Pottsy

[WL] Whats going wrong?

Post#1 » Sun May 03, 2020 2:12 pm

I don't seem to be doing very well in Scenario's and today (I'm level 27) a toon at level 16 got about 20k more than me on two separate occasions?

I'm pouncing on casters, coordinated strike, armor debuff, and then hacking away. What am I doing wrong?

Should I be using Nerfed buttons or Strafe killing, picking different targets?

How can a character with so many less abilities, renown and stats be beating me and another higher lvl WL on damage?

All my points are in Hunter tree so I can get to spinning Axe for a bit of AoE damage.

Thanks for your responses

Ads
Xavarir

Re: [WL] Whats going wrong?

Post#2 » Tue May 05, 2020 12:11 pm

Right off the hop, Pounce -> Forced Opportunity -> Coordinated Strike would be significantly more damage as CS would benefit from the armor down.

I'm still a new WL (level 27 as well) but I've found target switching to be almost mandatory in SCs. WL are very single target burst focused. A lot of the other dps classes are AoE focused and will ALWAYS out damage you on the charts. That doesn't matter. What matters is that you cause chaos in the enemy healer/caster ranks wth that huge burst. Jump on a target, unload. If they don't die it's because they used cooldowns and are now focused/being focused by other healers to keep them alive. Pick another caster/healer and jump to them and repeat. Eventually something will give, either you will die or the enemy healers will lose focus and something on the enemy team will die. WL are in a rough spot in the early levels I believe.

sighy

Post#3 » Tue May 05, 2020 12:19 pm

I can't tell you much about how to WL, but the scenario reward number estimates how much killing you did. General rule of thumb would be that if you kill players of higher level that much more xp/rr you get. So if lvl16 kills a lvl39 It's going to be a lot more than vice versa

growill

Post#4 » Thu May 07, 2020 5:09 pm

You'll see big dmg numbers in scenario when you'll get your AOE from hunter path.
As someone said you should armor debuff BEFORE throwing you burst abilities out.

That being said there's no recipe on how to do good on sc. It's always very situational, the team comps vary a lot as do their playstyle so you should adapt both to your team and your enemy. For example it might be not so productive to jump on the backline healer if your team doesn't follow and you'll end up dead. Try to work with your team, assist whoever is picking the target that makes more sense (as it's not unusual seeing 3 slayers hitting for 5 min straight the tougher tank out there while 3 healers heal him) and be ready do switch to someone who is low target or overextending.

If you're playing pug SC the most important thing is to stay alive as much as you can. Dead people don't deal damage. Then if you feel confident, are guarded and have decent healers you can learn your limits and see how far you can overextend

Sulorie

Post#5 » Thu May 07, 2020 5:16 pm

The lvl 16 could have better stats.
Dying is no option.

normanis

Post#6 » Thu May 07, 2020 6:03 pm

try use at 27 lvl full mayhem + sc weapons and invest into strenght + str pot + armor pot.
brute str/pack synergy/lionheart should help . try max out str and wounds if possible. try assist some ather dps
p.s no need use nerfed buttons if u dont know it
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Pottsy

Post#7 » Thu May 07, 2020 10:18 pm

Thank you for the advice everyone, its great!