Recent Topics

Ads

[WL] Solo ranked build

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
ClemmonGrab

[WL] Solo ranked build

Post#1 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:02 am

What are you knowledgeable WLs running for ranked solo? Pet or loner? AoE or ST? I've been winning most of my matches but I feel I can be more optimized, any help would be much appreciated. RR 69 btw.

Ads
growill

Re: [WL] Solo ranked build

Post#2 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:33 am

I would run aoe primal fury + cull the weak. Sure keeping the lion up is going to be annoying but still doable and you still get a pull and silence which imo are very valuable in a 6man. As well as ofc more very needed burst with cs. If you pull/jump on a healer with silence os+cs+m1+cull the weak thats crazy burst. I prefer cdw than the knockdown but thats preference i guess

Sometimes it can also work to send the lion to silence/harass a healer while you focus on another assist but thats situational as you are going to lose dmg ofc

ClemmonGrab

Post#3 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:05 pm

Thanks for the reply. So a sample build would look something like this?
RoR.builders - White Lion

Also, a question about your sample rotation:
growill wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:33 am If you pull/jump on a healer with silence os+cs+m1+cull the weak thats crazy burst. I prefer cdw than the knockdown but thats preference i guess
What do you mean by os? And I assume cdw is short for cull the weak?

Foltestik

Post#4 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:10 pm

dont run aoe in 6v6,
why ffs? its about single damage

ClemmonGrab

Post#5 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:47 pm

Foltestik wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:10 pm dont run aoe in 6v6,
Axeman or Guardian for ST? I'm running Guardian but I feel like having the KD is redundant, everyone else on the team is already running some kind of cc and giving them immunity.

growill

Post#6 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:12 pm

ClemmonGrab wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:47 pm
Axeman or Guardian for ST? I'm running Guardian but I feel like having the KD is redundant, everyone else on the team is already running some kind of cc and giving them immunity.
That's exactly why I like running path of the hunter, you still want force opportunity (OS opportunity strike i was writing in a hurry messed up) and hack and slash. + coordinated strike is your most damaging skill. a well timed whirling axe does wonder if you jump on 2 healers while having melees trying to stop you. Thea heal debuff isn't crazy good imo and the kd as you said is redundant. I don't like leonine frenzy at all as the pet itself is redundant.

So I would rather still go aoe path, get force opportunity and hack and slash and since i'm at it whirling axe is always very threatening. At the very least you'll get your enemies to use their interrupts on cd. Then axeman for cull the weak and primal fury

ClemmonGrab

Post#7 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:54 pm

growill wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:12 pm
ClemmonGrab wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:47 pm
That's exactly why I like running path of the hunter, you still want force opportunity (OS opportunity strike i was writing in a hurry messed up) and hack and slash. + coordinated strike is your most damaging skill. a well timed whirling axe does wonder if you jump on 2 healers while having melees trying to stop you. Thea heal debuff isn't crazy good imo and the kd as you said is redundant. I don't like leonine frenzy at all as the pet itself is redundant.

So I would rather still go aoe path, get force opportunity and hack and slash and since i'm at it whirling axe is always very threatening. At the very least you'll get your enemies to use their interrupts on cd. Then axeman for cull the weak and primal fury
That makes a lot of sense, I'm gonna be at this for a while so I will definitely try it when I get in game. I use the Subj axe, so a little AoE might be nice to spread the heal debuff on the enemy team. Once I play with the builds a bit I'll post my experience.

Foltestik

Post#8 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:34 pm

Ads