Recent Topics

Ads

[SW] Assault Stance Questions & More

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Reloader84

[SW] Assault Stance Questions & More

Post#1 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:55 pm

Hello all,

I am getting close to cap character rank on my shadow warrior and I am wondering about a few items. I am currently assault spec and have been curious about what actually transfers from ranged prowess to melee. This is of course in order to min max my play style. So the tool tip says that it takes stats from all items and converts them in a 1 to 1 ratio.

Does this include:
-Renown rank stats
-Talismans
-Tactics

Outside of that are there any stats that do not transfer over?

A second question is how important is Toughness for a melee SW? Is it worth it to take the toughness hit to use the Instinctive Aim tactic?

What tactic setups do you melee SW use?

Thank you ahead of time for your help.

Ads
Manatikik

Re: [SW] Assault Stance Questions & More

Post#2 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:20 pm

Reloader84 wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:55 pm Hello all,

I am getting close to cap character rank on my shadow warrior and I am wondering about a few items. I am currently assault spec and have been curious about what actually transfers from ranged prowess to melee. This is of course in order to min max my play style. So the tool tip says that it takes stats from all items and converts them in a 1 to 1 ratio.

Does this include:
-Renown rank stats
-Talismans
-Tactics

Outside of that are there any stats that do not transfer over?

A second question is how important is Toughness for a melee SW? Is it worth it to take the toughness hit to use the Instinctive Aim tactic?

What tactic setups do you melee SW use?

Thank you ahead of time for your help.

So the things that convert are: Ballistic Skill -> Strength, Ranged Power -> Melee Power, Ranged Crit -> Melee Crit, Dodge Strikethrough -> Parry Strikethrough. You convert all items stats (piece stats, set bonuses, talismans). This means you do NOT double dip from Buffs, procs, or Renown Points.

Toughness is a useless stat on every class unless you hit 600 (even then its pretty bad), never ever ever try to stack it on a DPS. You DOUBLE your armor from items (including talis) in Assault; this is your main form of defense (as well as stupid high parry).

You cannot be effective as ASW until RR 70 with Vanquisher; you need 70 to be able to pick up all your goodies. Tactic wise you need to run Instinctive Aim, Bullseye, Wrist Slash, and Merciless Soldier. Shadow Sting is the single best Heal Debuff in the game so you need it, to solo/guarantee kills you need Exploit Weakness (kd), Shadow Step is a great defensive tool and your only mobility tool on SW, and Crosscut hits like a truck, gives you more crit, and is your timestamp tool.
<Montague><Capulet>

Daba

Post#3 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:39 am

Manatikik wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:20 pm You cannot be effective as ASW until RR 70 with Vanquisher; you need 70 to be able to pick up all your goodies. Tactic wise you need to run Instinctive Aim, Bullseye, Wrist Slash, and Merciless Soldier. Shadow Sting is the single best Heal Debuff in the game so you need it, to solo/guarantee kills you need Exploit Weakness (kd), Shadow Step is a great defensive tool and your only mobility tool on SW, and Crosscut hits like a truck, gives you more crit, and is your timestamp tool.
Hey, I read your guide viewtopic.php?t=23150 The set of tactics is somewhat different (No Respite instead of Bullseye). Or it is your advice already for 70 rr?
Also can you share Renown points build for assault SW? All talis in weapon skill?
Build on your advice look like this, yes? RoR.builders - Shadow Warrior
Random PUG
BG 80+, BW 80+

Orontes

Post#4 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:05 pm

Manatikik wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:20 pm
Reloader84 wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:55 pm
You cannot be effective as ASW until RR 70 with Vanquisher; you need 70 to be able to pick up all your goodies. Tactic wise you need to run Instinctive Aim, Bullseye, Wrist Slash, and Merciless Soldier. Shadow Sting is the single best Heal Debuff in the game so you need it, to solo/guarantee kills you need Exploit Weakness (kd), Shadow Step is a great defensive tool and your only mobility tool on SW, and Crosscut hits like a truck, gives you more crit, and is your timestamp tool.
Does Crosscut apply to the performing aSW as well: their attacks get an additional +10% to crit?

Manatikik

Post#5 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:28 pm

Orontes wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:05 pm
Does Crosscut apply to the performing aSW as well: their attacks get an additional +10% to crit?
Yea
<Montague><Capulet>

agemennon675

Post#6 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:20 pm

Orontes wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:05 pm
Yeah the description is a little bit missleading, it says %10 more likely to be critically hit by ''others''
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

quantumnukacola

Post#7 » Tue May 26, 2020 6:06 am

Looking around here I'm not sure what talis and renown build to go for then when gearing up towards aSW. Do you want armor to be more survivable or go more WS? Thanks for the help with the build guide there!