Recent Topics

Ads

sw needs buff.

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
roadkillrobin

Re: sw needs buff.

Post#31 » Mon May 18, 2020 8:56 am

Wdova wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 6:48 am Spaming LA with expert skirmisher tactic coupled with Leading shots for party 8% crit buff and Barage in between doesnt work anymore? I remember it worked on live pretty well.

Something like this: https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,3951,3958

All talismans wepon skill, set mixing for keep balistic as high as possible without tactics.

I dont have SW in RoR, but if I would have one , I would try something like this.

On live SW had Unshakable Focus for 100% damage increase and Leading Shots was 15% crit chance. LS was nerfed together with Dirty Tricks to validate nerfing Destructions Morale boost tactics.

Ads
Ermedica

Post#32 » Tue May 19, 2020 11:02 pm

meh

the private server been out for many years and have yet to see any kind of love for shadow warriors. I gave up on my SW and started playing the only dps people will pickup for cities and SC.

Darks63

Post#33 » Tue May 19, 2020 11:35 pm

roadkillrobin wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 8:56 am
Wdova wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 6:48 am Spaming LA with expert skirmisher tactic coupled with Leading shots for party 8% crit buff and Barage in between doesnt work anymore? I remember it worked on live pretty well.

Something like this: https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,3951,3958

All talismans wepon skill, set mixing for keep balistic as high as possible without tactics.

I dont have SW in RoR, but if I would have one , I would try something like this.

On live SW had Unshakable Focus for 100% damage increase and Leading Shots was 15% crit chance. LS was nerfed together with Dirty Tricks to validate nerfing Destructions Morale boost tactics.
Dirty tricks and LS also dont stack anymore either.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

jokerspsycho

Post#34 » Tue May 19, 2020 11:35 pm

I know ASW Doesnt really need much help, but i think its odd that ASW is the only class and tree which has a 13pt stun when every other tank or melee dps has a 9pt stun, then you have slayer and choppa who have a baseline stun, then u have a Squig who also has baseline stun in MSH. Feel like it would make more sense there to have Expoit weakness as baseline with around 211 base damage (25% stronger than the smh big bounce since TA increases damage by 25%). Doing that, then moving SS to 13, halving the cooldown, decreasing the defensives to 15% for 10s (MSH has sneaky strike which has a 150% up time). Doing that would allow ASW to utilize most of the tools in Path of Assault and still get their staple in skirm. If anything dont see why pounce coudlnt be changed anyways so it is more usable.

Then have the fact you have no slow tied to the stance, i suppose you could hop out int oskirm and slow them then wait the 5s to get back into assault, why not allow takedown in assault as well? Their mirror (mastery tree mirror, i realize the mirror is somewhat split) MSH has a slow on their melee dot, so while it has a cd (5s cd, 9s duration), it is still a strong skill.

For skirm, would say make LA a 1s cast, reduce the ap by 5, and change powerful draw to increasing damage on LA and Barrage. Also wish AA could be used while moving cause its hella clunky to work into a fight, but i kidna understand why.

Anyways i enjoy the class and play a WH as well so i know about not being viable in city, but would be nice for some QoL changes here and there for a few classes for sure.

Ermedica wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 11:02 pm meh

the private server been out for many years and have yet to see any kind of love for shadow warriors. I gave up on my SW and started playing the only dps people will pickup for cities and SC.
Ive heard this a lot lol

Beara

Post#35 » Wed May 20, 2020 4:33 am

My favorite part about this post is the original poster saying "I don't know how to play a SW, but it needs a buff" except he has bad English.
Beara; Annarexia; Bellemia; Beawaaghh; Nightengale
Araeb; Beamz; Blockityblock

I'll be a douche at some point, but I'll be right about it.

Telen
Suspended

Post#36 » Wed May 20, 2020 8:07 am

When SW was developed there were no mastery trees. If anyone played the beta they will remember. Mastery was added just prior to launch because people were conditioned to wow. SW were meant to have all abilities (as were all classes) and stance switch to unlock different ones. Like all hybrids they were masters of nothing, adding mastery and speccing for stances made them even worse as they were designed to be just good at all, now just good at one. Its the same reason all hybrids are so underpowered even when specced into one.

agemennon675

Post#37 » Wed May 20, 2020 8:56 am

Beara wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 4:33 am My favorite part about this post is the original poster saying "I don't know how to play a SW, but it needs a buff" except he has bad English.
So do you know how to play SW, have 'Good' English and disagree with the topic ''sw needs buff.'' ?
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

normanis

Post#38 » Wed May 20, 2020 11:59 am

am/shaman is also hybrids byt they doing fine with 22sec dot while sw need special tactic. why game favor dps healers byt dps need sacrefice precious 1 of 4 tactics to increase damage? its not fair
and not talking about fletched arrow or poor pew pew flame arrow who ticks like poor %%%%%%%it on wire and need add 1 more tactic to increase damage while ather clases like mara got overall buffs for all trees +0.25 +more damage
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Ads
normanis

Post#39 » Wed May 20, 2020 12:02 pm

u can say thx to peter jackson making imba legolass ( not imba energy ) if legolass wasnt there so ppl wouldnt even play sw
p.s its just my thoughts no offense to great movie maker peter jackson or his 2x trilogies. he is the best.
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Reloader84

Post#40 » Thu May 21, 2020 6:54 am

After reading going through this post and playing all 3 paths of the SW, I have come up with some ideas that will not take away from the current identity of the SW (this means that ASW will stay single target, Because we aren't SH but we best do our jobs damn well)

Path of the Scout (Single Target Ranged)

- Raise the damage of Eagle Eye by 10%.
- Raise the cooldown of Acid Arrow to 10 seconds but make the cast instant. (*lower rotation times to increase damage. This also helps Path of Assault)
-Remove the tactic Smoldering Arrows, and raise the damage of Flame Arrow by the amount in said tactic.

Path of Assault (Single Target Melee)

-Reduce cooldown of Shadowstep by 5 seconds.
-Reduce cooldown of Sweeping Slash by 10 seconds.
-Swift Strikes, Change ability damage to be between normal, and while enemy is channeling, Instead of the damage increase while channeling, add a 150% life tap based on damage inflicted. (*This is to provide the melee path with some survivability.)

Path of The Skirmisher (Mobile/AoE Ranged)

- Reduce the effective range of barrage to 30 feet, ad a medium knock back with a 20% snare.
- Lileath's Arrow, Reduce the cast time to 1 second.
- Split Arrows tactic, change damage decrease from 30% to 20%

************************************************************************************************************

I know people want melee to have the AoE meta but I think the SW will lose its identity if you make it more like a SH.

Thoughts?