Recent Topics

Ads

sw needs buff.

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Manatikik

Re: sw needs buff.

Post#21 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:25 am

cursedflesh wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:07 am
Manatikik wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:04 am I mean you cant take the shitty armor debuff... You get to +2 tops, even then thats more a solo build. 5 Warlord/3 Def Sov or 5 Warlord/3 Triumphant will be BiS. Right now 6 War/3 Invader is BiS but apparently that won't last.
-800 armor on target is big dps increase for psysical melee
Well AA without any points in Scout is 618 armor debuff... You're really willing to give up a 2/3 Piece bonus for -182 armor on a proc?
<Montague><Capulet>

Ads
cursedflesh

Post#22 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:30 am

Manatikik wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:25 am Well AA without any points in Scout is 618 armor debuff... You're really willing to give up a 2/3 Piece bonus for -182 armor on a proc?
someone must test it :D i can farm sov if this underperforms
Garrth - order, Garrmi - destro

Manatikik

Post#23 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:33 am

cursedflesh wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:30 am
Manatikik wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:25 am Well AA without any points in Scout is 618 armor debuff... You're really willing to give up a 2/3 Piece bonus for -182 armor on a proc?
someone must test it :D i can farm sov if this underperforms
I am telling you you are wrong. Both mathematically and off actual testing... Shoulders/Gloves/Belt of Defensive Sov or Belt/Boots/Shoulders of Triumphant will be BiS after invader nerfs. Currently Shoulder/Glove/Jewel of Invader is BiS rn.
<Montague><Capulet>

cursedflesh

Post#24 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:53 am

Manatikik wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:33 am I am telling you you are wrong. Both mathematically and off actual testing... Shoulders/Gloves/Belt of Defensive Sov or Belt/Boots/Shoulders of Triumphant will be BiS after invader nerfs. Currently Shoulder/Glove/Jewel of Invader is BiS rn.
so i will end up with best looking armor in game and can farm sov, still no problem :D
Garrth - order, Garrmi - destro

Arthem

Post#25 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:10 am

Manatikik wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:31 am
Arthem wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:05 am
cursedflesh wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:13 pm

eh? i dont get it tbh ... im in warlord and can kill sov players in 1v1, except classes i mentioned before ... but its harder after lost of +15% aa speed tho
How about the +2 mastery assault change to Def Sov after you prob already collected WL for assault? :D
I mean, Skirmish is just as good +2 for ASW...
What about the Fester bomb melee build? :)

Manatikik

Post#26 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:22 am

Arthem wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:10 am
Arthem wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:05 am

How about the +2 mastery assault change to Def Sov after you prob already collected WL for assault? :D

kys arthem...
<Montague><Capulet>

H0tYand3r3

Post#27 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:48 am

Manatikik wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:22 am
Arthem wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:10 am

kys arthem...
Only one way to find out. Testing 😉
Yandrere/Swrsmemes-SW-83RR+ Art Supplies
Islipped-Zealot-4xRR+ (N/A)
Unconventional-BG-7xRR+ (N/A)
Ihealforpesos-DK-7xRR+ (N/A)

xcact

Post#28 » Sun May 17, 2020 6:33 pm

SW's sole endgame viability is to dance around and spam Shadow Sting on champs in city phase 3, there is literally no other scenario - not just in city but in the entire game - in which you wouldn't take a WL/WH/Slayer/BW/Engi/DPS AM/DPS WP/2H tank in your premade over either flavor of SW.

Even when you consider decent team-play tactics like Leading Shots and Pierce Defenses, are these actually worth bringing along a SW over a BW that will do nearly 1 million damage over the course of an average city? The answer is no.

This class needs absolutely DRAMATIC buffs to be city viable. Something approaching insanity, like Spiral-Fletched Arrow ignoring armor and getting Split Arrows baked into it, or Sweeping Slash becoming a 6 second channel in addition to having its cooldown halved.

I maintain that ASW is a great spec for solo roaming, but given the sheer population and activity levels in oRvR lakes most of the time, you will rarely end up in a duel that lasts longer than 10 seconds before 3-4 Choppas materialize out of thin air and obliterate you.

Ads
Azerreth

Post#29 » Sun May 17, 2020 9:36 pm

Feomatar wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:44 am just compare any spec of sw to sh. Sh is mirror class to sw but:
1. have pounce with twice less cd.
2. have the same survivability.
3. Have more dps especially range specs compare to range specs.
4. melee sh have good aoe compare to 0 asw aoe.
5. sh is good pick for city what is endgame who make you bis gear and sw just doesnt even viable in city's.

All 3 specs of sw needs buffs. For ranged i have no idea what to do, honestly but just making numbers bigger is some kind of awkward, i thing range sw's needs some party\wb buff or aoe debuffs like tactic what makes 5-10% incoming damage to targets what on effect of flame arrow\ 5 secs after being hit by barrage etc. And asw needs more active survivability - something like healing him for 50% of swift strickes damage.

P.S. For thous who will run here with screams "asw is super-duper hidden op (so much hidden that no one wants it in his party) u nab" - drop your "weak" melee sh (who always comparing to wl for some idiotic reasons), choppas and slayers with wl and show me your pure skill =3

Not sorry for my bad English.
SH is a partial mirror of both the WL and The SW, As is the Mara. They are not a 1 to 1 ratio but they have aspects of the classes tangled in them to make them feel different while being similar enough. SH has the pet and the mechanics of a pet that WL does but has ranged/melee stances like the SW. The Mara has the stances of a WL and the pull as well but lacks the mobility while having tools similar to a SW in melee to do some off the wall stuff.

This is the issue of Partial mirrors, they aren't perfect and borrow from two classes to make something different. This then leads partially to issues in balance because either the hybrid ends up being too strong or on the flip side it ends up being too weak. MSH is solid right now and easy enough to kill, a BW will pretty much decimate one of they get a target on it and some dots it lacks the defenses of the WL while the Mara retains said defenses. The issue is Mara Feels weak as **** right now... so they aren't really applicable with the given state...

SH as a ranged has always been utility filled, their dps never really has impressed me in any way.... SW can do better DPS at ranged than a SH can. But thats coming from someone on destro who watches ranged SW's murder people from ranged while our SH's just plink at em and interrupt/debuff them.

Wdova

Post#30 » Mon May 18, 2020 6:48 am

Spaming LA with expert skirmisher tactic coupled with Leading shots for party 8% crit buff and Barage in between doesnt work anymore? I remember it worked on live pretty well.

Something like this: https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,3951,3958

All talismans wepon skill, set mixing for keep balistic as high as possible without tactics.

I dont have SW in RoR, but if I would have one , I would try something like this.
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+