Recent Topics

Ads

Fresh 40/40 WL - What gear to I go for?

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Radikus

Fresh 40/40 WL - What gear to I go for?

Post#1 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:51 pm

New to the game and just hit 40/40, did a pug city and some open rvr so I am starting to get emblems/medallions. My question is, what do I go for first? And then what do I build to next? Am I looking for a combo set of items, ie; 5 of this set, 2 of this etc.. Any direction would be very helpful, thanks in advance!

Ads
Hypernia

Re: Fresh 40/40 WL - What gear to I go for?

Post#2 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:14 pm

Do SCs for Mercenary, and open RvR for conqueror. Work towards 3pc Dominator (SCs) + 3pc Conqueror (RvR). You get Genesis cloak / jewelry from RvR. Gunbad Ruby is also a good jewel (Str / Wnds / Parry). Get RR45 SC weapon when you can.

If you want a catch up mechanic you can convert Invader Medals > Vanquisher > Conqueror at 1 > 5 > 25. So farming conqueror is super easy if you just convert down your invader medals to get yourself to passable gear.

You can also do the PVE dungeons which have some good gear pieces if you're willing to invest the time (it's quite grindy), particularly Sentinel and Bloodlord have good pieces available.

Foofmonger

Post#3 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:44 pm

Hypernia wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:14 pm Do SCs for Mercenary, and open RvR for conqueror. Work towards 3pc Dominator (SCs) + 3pc Conqueror (RvR). You get Genesis cloak / jewelry from RvR. Gunbad Ruby is also a good jewel (Str / Wnds / Parry). Get RR45 SC weapon when you can.

If you want a catch up mechanic you can convert Invader Medals > Vanquisher > Conqueror at 1 > 5 > 25. So farming conqueror is super easy if you just convert down your invader medals to get yourself to passable gear.

You can also do the PVE dungeons which have some good gear pieces if you're willing to invest the time (it's quite grindy), particularly Sentinel and Bloodlord have good pieces available.
Great advice for all white lions. Definitely do this.

Radikus

Post#4 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:38 pm

Hypernia wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:14 pm Do SCs for Mercenary, and open RvR for conqueror. Work towards 3pc Dominator (SCs) + 3pc Conqueror (RvR). You get Genesis cloak / jewelry from RvR. Gunbad Ruby is also a good jewel (Str / Wnds / Parry). Get RR45 SC weapon when you can.

Thanks a ton! Why is 3pc Dom + 3pc Conq better than full Conq? After getting that then I assume its invader to sov gear?