[WL] need help with pet management + noob questions

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
growill

[WL] need help with pet management + noob questions

Post#1 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:24 pm

Hi all. WL was the first love on retail (haven't played much there though) but here I still love it but the pet management throws me off.

I'm using the DPS UI that comes with the launcher download.
First issue is I don't actually see pet skills. I remember having the three icons of the pet skills which i could use manually but here somehow I just can't get them to show. There's the little lion icon with the lion's stance but not the skill ones.
I used to use skills manually and handle the lion manually. I'm having some smaller issues with Loyalpet here but I guess I can just command my lion with the in-game shortcuts after all I just need him to attack and follow who and when I say.

The last question is about if it's worth it to rotate through the stances so the lion gets all of his abilities off. I remember (in T2-T3 small scale) I used to rotate them and use the lion's abilities manually and it would make quite a difference but here I just can't manage to do it because I can't see the skills and their cd

Thanks for the attention an gl to everyone!

Ads
Phantasm

Re: [WL] need help with pet management + noob questions

Post#2 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:44 pm

You need to practice it. Me personally use /petassist addon and default settings on Loyalpet + only priorities on pet skills. Of course PET UI is on passive. Never had problem with lion assisting. Other problem is stance and lion pet related skills (like heal) evoke pet to you. So you doing right manually operating lion with keys - attack/follow, but remember all stances and pet related skills will reset its attacked target. And there is also problem with aggro on pet. Sometimes lion build up so much aggro that /follow it wont work once, need to use it few times.

jokerspsycho

Post#3 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:15 pm

Phantasm wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:44 pm You need to practice it. Me personally use /petassist addon and default settings on Loyalpet + only priorities on pet skills. Of course PET UI is on passive. Never had problem with lion assisting. Other problem is stance and lion pet related skills (like heal) evoke pet to you. So you doing right manually operating lion with keys - attack/follow, but remember all stances and pet related skills will reset its attacked target. And there is also problem with aggro on pet. Sometimes lion build up so much aggro that /follow it wont work once, need to use it few times.
Is there a way to turn off auto cast on pet skills with the default UI?

growill

Post#4 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:04 pm

To turn off auto cast I remember you had to right click on the lion's skills you'd see an effect on the icon