Recent Topics

Ads

[SW] A Fellow new SW in Need of a few builds

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Mystry
Suspended

Re: [SW] A Fellow new SW in Need of a few builds

Post#21 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:08 am

Manatikik wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:57 pm Except i wasn't proven wrong. They were mistaken. In Assault you double dip in BS/Str, Crit, Power, Strikethrough, and Armor.

You can keep doubling down on how mistaken and foolish you are or you can just stop posting about SW.
Assault stance converts nearly every source of BS into Strength, so clearly it's very unreasonable for me to assume that it does the same for renown +BS ranks.

I never claimed to be perfect or infallible, and you being a passive aggressive twit about an ultimately meaningless mistaken assumption of mine does not equate to SW magically being viable compared to the likes of Bright Wizard or Slayer or White Lion. Regardless of whether or not Assault stance converts renown Ballistic Skill (as we now know it doesn't; I logged on my SW to confirm this and found via .getstats that it does not convert), SW is still crippled by a plethora of problems with the class, so much so that I don't advise anyone to try playing it until those problems are fixed. Its ranged specs are simply not viable, and Assault, while good in 6v6s, is gimped in larger fights, which are the majority of the game. The only thing SW has going for it right now is its 100% reliable healing debuff, and heal debuffs can be covered by other, better classes with only a minor effort at timing.

The irony of this nonsense is that I like SW as a concept; but that concept is not yet realized, though I hope it will be soon.

Ads
phononHYPE

Post#22 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:45 pm

I have a 67 scout SW that I enjoy here and there. It needs to be 60 I feel to be complete, but here is the basis, with rr 50 and 60 filling out to Shadow Sting. I never played SW on live, and from what I have gleaned on the forums here this is what Fester Bomb use to be. I open with Vengance of Nagarythe>Festering Arrow>Acid Arrow>Eagle Eye>Fell The Weak. Don't do this on a full HP target, but if you can sneak it at someone around 70% you should kill them in a time-stamp +1, so no time to react.

Gear and tasliman wise, I skipped vanquisher (just happened that way) and went from Conq to Invader. Even in with full Conqueror I had no problem (with Scout BS/INI bonus) getting over 1050 BS, along with 35 SC sword and 39 bow. I just replaced the bow with the dwarf T4 Influence 3 reward with 1 crit and 20 ranged power. I had 22-23 talisman in things.

I am happy with my gear now, as I eventually got 2pc Vanq (belt and helm, RP and 3% arPen), and now I stack WS execpt two 24 BS talis. I was lucky on these, made one last night and the other was found on AH about a month ago for about 25g. I think they are normally much more. The rest is Invader, no ring yet though, with rings being Gen (wounds+HP and Ini+RP) and some WS rings; forgot names and not in game to check at the moment. My rr is glass cannon, 34 points in WS and 30 in ranged crit. I may doe to 1/2 a sorcerers rotation, but if not then I'm definitely not killing anything myself.

Like almost all (dps) classes, it takes a while to get to where you don't fee like a drag on your party. Mid 60s is almost always where any of my toons feel like they are positively contributing to the war effort. Prior to this, from about 45-60, I ran this silly thing and acted solely as WB support. Spiral-fletched Arrows is a blast for raw hitting, shoot at sorc or tank as they run back to the blob in a siege and suddenly by the time the SFA flight time hits, you just nailed a ton of people... for 250, but hey, gotta get your numbers some how.

Hope this helps some, have fun out there.
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

zulnam

Post#23 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:53 pm

Honestly, you guys with Scout specs are cute. I really like to see you out in the wild; the same way I like pugs. The dogs, not the community. It looks silly and useless, but it makes me smile.

Scout is a fun build, don't get me wrong. Getting the ocassional 2.5k crit on a squishy does feel good. I sometimes spec it myself, just for a chill session. But it is extremely useless. Like, not even joking. You might get the ocassional kill; if your target is poorly geared. But there's 200+ dudes left, so... better spam that eagle eye, boy!

In open-rvr, a more useful spec is the aoe SW.

Now I can hear you snickering already. But trust me, this is the best range SW can do. Especially when fighting at a keep/fort. Stacked up, your shitty (and it is shitty) SfA can hit even 20 guys at the same time, from almost-100 yards away. With full-vanq, genesis jewels and SC weapons, my archer wannabe aoe SfA hits anywhere between 60 and 600 dmg. OH BOY! Replace Masterful Aim with Pierce Defenses and you are almost-viable as a utility aoe class.

The numbers are not impressive. But it is better to peel at a large number of enemies and help other players kill their targets than to play out a Legolas-type kind of fantasy.

As for RR points. Full range crit, everything else in Weapon Skill. Don't even bother trying to survive. You are literally cannon fodder; if you somehow manage to end up in a 2/2/2 warband and get a guard, count your lucky stars (and also run Pierce Defenses and maybe Leading Shots if there's not a 2-h Kotbs in the warband; remember, aoe utility).

Another, mid-range, semi-frontline (and very experimental) spec is this. It requires a lot of support to pull off, but if you can, LA at 1-sec cast with a guard and the ocassional barrage actually does some damage. You have to be close tho, for the melee-tactic to take effect. Also because of the way the game is, sometimes Expert Skirmisher and No Respite still don't apply even though they should.

But i want to end on a happy note, so here's my SW meme of the week:
Spoiler:
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Aethilmar

Post#24 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:33 pm

It is crazy that Split Arrows has a damage malus on it when it has to go through the most common mitigation in the game. Meanwhile Radiant Burst (+ Arcing Power) for AM turns them into a self-healing one-button AOE spammer with much, much better damage.

And, chuckling to themselves, Engie just say "Hold my Keg" while having either better single target or AOE damage (depending on which way you go). Oh, and they can be tougher in melee too. Sigh.

Darks63

Post#25 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:06 am

Yeah a small buff to the SA tactic in the form of boosting its aoe to 30 feet and reducing or removing the malus would be nice.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

Bladeheart

Post#26 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:22 am

I am new to the game and thus the class, so could someone please explain something to me.

When it comes to investing in renown, I can understand the reasoning for ranged crit, but why do people recommend spending points in Weapon skill (WS) as opposed to Ballistic skill?

Manatikik

Post#27 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:39 am

Bladeheart wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:22 am I am new to the game and thus the class, so could someone please explain something to me.

When it comes to investing in renown, I can understand the reasoning for ranged crit, but why do people recommend spending points in Weapon skill (WS) as opposed to Ballistic skill?
You get 280 BS from Tactics alone, you will easily be able to hit BS cap with all WS talis slotted. WS increases armor pen where end game armor is very over-inflated.
<Montague><Capulet>

Bladeheart

Post#28 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:26 am

Manatikik wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:39 am You get 280 BS from Tactics alone, you will easily be able to hit BS cap with all WS talis slotted. WS increases armor pen where end game armor is very over-inflated.
Ah, I see. :)
Thank you for the explanation.

Ads
agemennon675

Post#29 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:08 pm

Manatikik wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:39 am
Bladeheart wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:22 am I am new to the game and thus the class, so could someone please explain something to me.

You get 280 BS from Tactics alone, you will easily be able to hit BS cap with all WS talis slotted. WS increases armor pen where end game armor is very over-inflated.
What kind of gear required to hit 1050 BS with all WS talismans ? I currently have full conq+genesis+last scenario weapons but I cant hit soft cap without BS talismans on my gear
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

Manatikik

Post#30 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:33 pm

agemennon675 wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:08 pm
Manatikik wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:39 am

What kind of gear required to hit 1050 BS with all WS talismans ? I currently have full conq+genesis+last scenario weapons but I cant hit soft cap without BS talismans on my gear

I was able to hit it with full conq, 45 rr weapons, genesis, BL. Have to remember the conq proc/pots will take you the rest of the way.
<Montague><Capulet>