Recent Topics

Ads

[WL] AoE spec too strong for city siege

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Tarantoga

Re: [WL] AoE spec too strong for city siege

Post#31 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:06 pm

troll thread?

wb wl getting from useless to op but maybe if bosli would have faced a wb full ob asw the problem would have been asw assisting everything down within 1 sec

Ads
Omegus

Post#32 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:15 pm

(fix/buff dps zealots etc)

For those who are just auto-replying with "but what about x and y abilities on z class", try creating your own threads with that. I'm 99% sure I know who the OP is in game and this post is being triggered (no pun) by a certain warband using a mass of AoE interupt White Lions to lock down healers. With the recent nerf to Shatter Limbs people were always going to be looking for the next thing to screw over the ability to group heal and this is it. DoKs don't have it quite so bad as their cast time is shorter but Shamans and Zealots with their longer cast times on group heal (and even single target spike heal) are having big issues. A possible counter is to run nothing but DoKs but do we really want to get to that point?

Personally I think the skill on its own is fine. It's just that the current "theme" of most successful city warband builds is cooldown reduction and people are building their WBs around it. Those WLs are now throwing out a double interupt every 5 seconds and there's 7 of them. Add on cast time set back if/when attempting to recast while being hit and it is horrible to play against with little counter play (except trying to outrun a WL or the pet on a Zealot... lmao) and no immunity options. You are basically silenced without the immunity, from a class that can also actually silence you :P.

If you look at this particular ability then there will be plenty more that come up that all take advantage of being able to easily spam good abilities that are supposed to be on long-ish cooldowns. If the devs were to look at anything from this thread I'd ask them to look into overhauling cooldown reduction abilities (e.g. one-shot that effect the next ability cast and then end?) rather than playing whack-a-mole with things like this.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Grock

Post#33 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:45 pm

If facing just WLs is that bad, imagine how it feels to be order healer, facing exact same problem, but with added 50% slower cast time disorient tactic, aoe KD and a constant series of choppa pulls and squiggy knocbacks

Its a miracle order healers can cast any ability at all :lol:

Which guild/lead runs this mad WL composition by the way? I've seen some screenshots, but those weren't really WB-oriented guilds
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Jastojan

Post#34 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:05 pm

Grock wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:45 pm If facing just WLs is that bad, imagine how it feels to be order healer, facing exact same problem, but with added 50% slower cast time disorient tactic, aoe KD and a constant series of choppa pulls and squiggy knocbacks

Its a miracle order healers can cast any ability at all :lol:

Which guild/lead runs this mad WL composition by the way? I've seen some screenshots, but those weren't really WB-oriented guilds
Idk if this is something you are looking for. Yes it was pug WS premade, I do not complain, I accept it.
https://i.postimg.cc/0ykgb9Td/Lotionan-083y.jpg
Last edited by Jastojan on Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

agemennon675

Post#35 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:54 pm

WL aoe OP ? Whats next WH aoe too strong ? SW Spiral fletched aoe is too strong ?
Last edited by agemennon675 on Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

Secrets
Former Staff

Post#36 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:31 am

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#37 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:39 am

Oh that last one was harbinger, careful prophecizing like that.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Omegus

Post#38 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:11 am

Names removed to protect the innocent (I'm glad I wasn't in this instance!). The AoE interupts (combined with the burst of WLs being WLs) allowed them to wreck havoc all instance. I believe this destro WB (which is not a pug WB) has faced the same setup 1-2 times since and won the siege mainly due to the WL group not doing a good enough job of playing to the actual rules of the scenario. Kill count still looked like a loss though!

Because they can pounce, they can instantly bomb and/or interrupt any area they want, since there simply is no way to keep them off your backline.
For me that used to be Wind of Insanity's job before the recent changes to it.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Ads
Secrets
Former Staff

Post#39 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:11 am

Omegus wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:11 am Names removed to protect the innocent (I'm glad I wasn't in this instance!). The AoE interupts (combined with the burst of WLs being WLs) allowed them to wreck havoc all instance. I believe this destro WB (which is not a pug WB) has faced the same setup 1-2 times since and won the siege mainly due to the WL group not doing a good enough job of playing to the actual rules of the scenario. Kill count still looked like a loss though!
Why is a MAGUS topping the damage charts? That's a better question.

Sigford

Post#40 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:23 am

Secrets wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:11 am
Omegus wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:11 am Names removed to protect the innocent (I'm glad I wasn't in this instance!). The AoE interupts (combined with the burst of WLs being WLs) allowed them to wreck havoc all instance. I believe this destro WB (which is not a pug WB) has faced the same setup 1-2 times since and won the siege mainly due to the WL group not doing a good enough job of playing to the actual rules of the scenario. Kill count still looked like a loss though!
Why is a MAGUS topping the damage charts? That's a better question.
That's the question? Not why are there 6 WLs competing with top dmg dealers on AOE when they also 1 shot ST?
Dachosen - 8X Chosen
<Ere We Go> - GM
The NoBodies -Alliance