Recent Topics

Ads

[WL] AoE spec too strong for city siege

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
carlos

Re: [WL] AoE spec too strong for city siege

Post#21 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:27 pm

Now, I have seen it all
Starfkr

Ads
zgolec

Post#22 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:45 pm

Jildaz wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:11 pm I am not reading this joke lol.
SH pounce without CD, increase cooldown, interrupt with aoe KB, can KD...
Mara, 2 buttons spec : drain moral like crazy, Aoe KD (which interrupt any cast) ini debuff, self heal, can also pull, and dont need a pet to have all the good tactics.

WL, interrupt every 10 sec if not parried, blocked or else. Wow. Can not slot crit tactic because need active pet, cannot pull anymore, cannot silence, cannot KD.
Dmg is just "decent" but far from beeing good.
Couldnt said this better.
SM 82 / IB 82 / KOTBS 82 / WL 82 / WP 72 / SW 75
CH 77 / BG 6X / BO 6X / WE 6X / MAG 6X ...and others.

zgolec

Post#23 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:48 pm

Bosli wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:10 am The WL whirling axe and AoE interrupt is way too strong for city sieges. We fought two different premades multiple times now, and their output as well as survivability is a joke.
  • The interrupt keeps f*ing up every single healer, EVEN DOKS. Healers and Casters that are in range of more than one WL cannot get a single cast off, even if it's just a 1second cast. Every WL can interrupt two spots, and that every 10 seconds (without CD reduction). It should have a way longer cooldown or be otherwise changed, since it stacks too well.
  • Their Whirling Axe is stacking so hard, that if 4+ WL use it at the same time, it is JUST AS STRONG as a morale drop and can almost instant kill def tanks in the first few seconds of a fight.
  • Splitting up doesn't help very much, since they still hit almost as hard single target as their other spec. 2+ AoE WL jumping at a healer will still oneshot almost every healer.
  • Because they can pounce, they can instantly bomb and/or interrupt any area they want, since there simply is no way to keep them off your backline.
I REALLY hope that this gets somehow adressed, because IMO, there is nothing more boring in a game than winning by just stacking one thing (WL+WP+KOTBS).
Lol. I didnt thoought its possible but someone whine over most underperfoming aoe dps in game. About one skill.

Go check every debuffs/kd/disorients/build up timers/morale drains your side have than back here.

What a joke... lol...
SM 82 / IB 82 / KOTBS 82 / WL 82 / WP 72 / SW 75
CH 77 / BG 6X / BO 6X / WE 6X / MAG 6X ...and others.

Elemint

Post#24 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:37 pm

Grock wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:13 pm
Aurandilaz wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:24 am2hander dps bonus is higher than dualwield dps bonus
Pretty sure this is not true.
You can be certain, friend.

Bosli

Post#25 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:03 pm

Ok then, did we have all WL players give their opinion now and get to the destro players feedback that had to fight these certain warbands?

Jastojan

Post#26 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:10 pm

I am realy tired of reading how is Mara powerful, strong, etc. (even in WL threads) ... all order players please try to play it, try it, realy. And forget about your killing bows as WL. Try to pull someone like WL can. Try to IK someone like WL can, try to chase, jump etc. like WL can. I am writting it maybe 10th time here on the forum, I am NOT fan of nerfs, but the dmg burst in combination with so many extremely powerful tools (like pounce, pull, mobility, etc.) all included in ONE class is insane. And trying to compare it with class like mara again? Rly? Aren´t you tired of writting about it in EVERY thread about WL?
This was just a reaction on the all "mara is stronk" posts.
When it comes to the city and aoe WL, I dont have to say too much here because it looks like the Responsible people play order only.
(I suggest to destro players to reroll some order class and hope one day will be 10:5 ratio for order. Then maybe will some1 take a look on destro classes - joke)
But we should be patient, devs made realy hard work last months. I had a brake for a while and the progress is very noticeable! They cant be everywhere and see everything, so be patient and the balance changes will come in short time maybe.
Last edited by Jastojan on Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bosli

Post#27 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:16 pm

Jastojan wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:10 pm When it comes to the city and aoe WL, I dont have to say too much here because it looks like the Responsible people play order only.
And THAT HERE is the problem of this forum. Tell other destro to post on it like the order does, instead of ignoring it.
The whole order "plan" is to cry about destro classes IN EVERY THREAD ABOUT AN ORDER CLASS, making the admins think "oh, we should nerf this destro class if so many order are complaining about it".

And to all the people posting above: I never stated that all these abilities should be nerfed to the ground (like you all suggest now about Mara abilities). What I said is that the combination is too strong, enabling you to just stack that one class. Read feedback posts properly and think before you post, or don't respond to them at all please.

/edit: misread, I thought you said "responding people", but my point is the same.

Jastojan

Post#28 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:57 pm

Bosli wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:16 pm
Jastojan wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:10 pm When it comes to the city and aoe WL, I dont have to say too much here because it looks like the Responsible people play order only.
And THAT HERE is the problem of this forum. Tell other destro to post on it like the order does, instead of ignoring it.
The whole order "plan" is to cry about destro classes IN EVERY THREAD ABOUT AN ORDER CLASS, making the admins think "oh, we should nerf this destro class if so many order are complaining about it".

And to all the people posting above: I never stated that all these abilities should be nerfed to the ground (like you all suggest now about Mara abilities). What I said is that the combination is too strong, enabling you to just stack that one class. Read feedback posts properly and think before you post, or don't respond to them at all please.

/edit: misread, I thought you said "responding people", but my point is the same.
It makes no sense to tell them to write here. Todays city siege I played showed me that this has no sense. Many of them resigned. Latest WL nerf and next "reconsidering" the nerf was just an example of fact, that here are privileged classes on the server (or the whole faction) - it is their opinion. BUT. I believe that some changes will come (not nerfs, but buffs). But we cant expect that it will be soon, because devs are working on other important things (it seems).

My opinion is, that this forum should have minor influence on important decisions about changes, because there are many resigned players (Ican say only as a destro player), not very objective opinions etc.. Devs should have their own "balance teams" on both sides (destro and order) and they should have some philosophy of how the game should look like. Our opinions should have just cosmetical impact on it.
Last edited by Jastojan on Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ads
toffikx

Post#29 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:01 pm

Out of curiosity, what guild/premade do you represent and what guild/premade were you facing? What were your and their comps?

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#30 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:26 pm

The often repeated insinuation that devs are biased towards Order or Destro are probably one of the laziest excuses for why players end up losing fights. That doesn't simply apply to this game either, but any game that deals with balance that isn't a straight mirror-copy of the enemy. (and in some cases it does anyway)

I have no bias towards either side, as I mostly read bad feedback from both sides and hate you equally. There's a handful of players out there who manage sane feedback that isn't openly begging for buffs to the class they die on while playing the most, or asking for nerfs to the class that is designed to kill them.

Some players are so egregious about this they actually start to believe the ridiculous conspiracy that devs are holding specific classes back, but lack of action is not evidence of abuse. The other assumption is that devs favor the realm that gets buffed, but cherrypicking balance changes made after an amount of internal discussion that would put the forums to shame is hardly fair. There are very few balance changes that make it through, and none of them are whimsical or implemented without discussion.

The best bet you have at getting a change noticed is to look at the well written posts in the Balance Discussion Forum proposals, and make reasonable suggestions that don't get into the habit of shitting on staff you're expecting to do the work. Maybe it gets used, maybe it doesn't, but any time we look at a class holistically, those posts are brought up for review.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog