Recent Topics

Ads

[AM] DPS in City?

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Starx

[AM] DPS in City?

Post#1 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:54 pm

Anyone ever try it in an organized warband or at least did some theorycrafting? Going into my 2nd city now as DPS and just running the regular DE+Silence build feels pretty clunky. You basically have 2 aoe abilities on 30 sec or so cooldowns and then assisting with maybe a healdebuff dot + channel which now also has a pretty monstrous cd. Throwing out single target dots in a 24 v 24 kinda feels like a total waste of gcd tbh. Don't seem to really have any utility at all besides the ability to res, or offheal with dps gear and 40% outgoing healdebuff all the time. I've seen a single destro WB run DPS Shaman before, and with their middle tree 13pt ability I imagine its not nearly as clunky to play? But hey at least I seem to out dps melee SW's so there's that :^)

I always thought the middle tree buff removal tactic had a lot of potential for unique utility on the class, back when AM/Sham was the big thing in terms of balance changes I think I and others were asking for a DE buff and I also think the strip tactic was enchantments (in the current meta terrible compared to blessing removal) and I guess both of those were changed. The only way I see DPS AM getting AoE filler though is running the tactic that makes out 2 sec cast nuke which is probably our least used ability? AoE 20ft around target. Has anyone tried just turning DPS AM into an AoE blessing removal machine and is that even worth the meme slot in a wb?

The other thing is the tactic that is obviously made for DPS AM in the vaul tree that removes the base healing from EoV and buffs the base damage, although it seems fitting that into a build and DE would require 6pc Sov gear? Something like this https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,3441,3453 The unfortunate thing being you nearly need full sov to run it and because of how the royal grind is most ppl arent taking their sov geared characters into city.

Ads
Fendelphi

Re: [AM] DPS in City?

Post#2 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:12 pm

I dont think you are supposed to compete with dedicated AoE DPS classes. You have utility and you have heal, and you have decent single target damage while doing so.
If you want AoE as well, sacrifices have to be made(personally I would like for Dispel Magic and Divine Fury to switch places, as one is utility and the other focuses on damage).

In regards to going AoE Dispel Magic, a fairly important question is, does the Dispel Magic tactic scale with your intelligence? If not, IMO, you might as well go for a hybrid support setup. Focus on utility and for getting as many procs off as possible in as short amount of time as possible(healing spells will reduce cast time for DE, so that it is most effective when you decide to AoE Dispel every 20 seconds).
If Dispel Magic does scale with Intelligence, then it is a different matter.

Those who usually generate Blessings are BO, BG and Zealots. It is up to you, if you feel this is enough to use the Dispel Magic tacticAnd if you consider them decent targets for your abilities).