Recent Topics

Ads

Swordmaster viable as 2h or not so good.

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
JusticeJDX

Re: Swordmaster viable as 2h or not so good.

Post#11 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:23 pm

2H spec is probably viable for T4 SCs but speaking as a T3 Swordmaster Order has scarcity of proper tanks. I used to play 2h but after switching to SnB I’ve found my win ratio is much higher as I can hold points much more effectively. Sure your numbers won’t look as good on the board at the end but you’ll get more XP, emblems and renown as reward so I’d urge you to play a tank properly for Order’s sake :)

Ads
Rock33B

Post#12 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:59 pm

I used to play Sword Master years ago and loved it. Looks like some things have changed or my memory is even poorer than I thought it was (Likely case is both lol) Didn't Sword Master's "Hold the Line" used to not require shield? I have a memory of standing in front of my group doing some kind of twirly wrist action with my Greatsword. Isn't that hold the line or am I thinking of another skill?

Mystry
Suspended

Post#13 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:02 pm

Rock33B wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:59 pm I used to play Sword Master years ago and loved it. Looks like some things have changed or my memory is even poorer than I thought it was (Likely case is both lol) Didn't Sword Master's "Hold the Line" used to not require shield? I have a memory of standing in front of my group doing some kind of twirly wrist action with my Greatsword. Isn't that hold the line or am I thinking of another skill?
That's a different ability. Wall of Dancing Steel or something like that. Gives you +50% parry and maybe some other things; but it's not HTL.

StrongUn

Post#14 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:59 pm

Mystry wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:02 pm
Rock33B wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:59 pm I used to play Sword Master years ago and loved it. Looks like some things have changed or my memory is even poorer than I thought it was (Likely case is both lol) Didn't Sword Master's "Hold the Line" used to not require shield? I have a memory of standing in front of my group doing some kind of twirly wrist action with my Greatsword. Isn't that hold the line or am I thinking of another skill?
That's a different ability. Wall of Dancing Steel or something like that. Gives you +50% parry and maybe some other things; but it's not HTL.

+50% Dodge, Disrupt and Parry
and deals 150 spirit damage when you defend any attack

Rock33B

Post#15 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:26 pm

Ah thats right! Thanks Gents for the info!

kayin

Post#16 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:21 pm

2h is fine the majority of the time, just be willing to swap if main tankingnpve or if in a warband that is lacking snb tanks to hold the line. Otherwise honestly id say 2h all the way as its more fun.