Recent Topics

Ads

(SW) How are Shadow Warriors?

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
zulnam

Re: (SW) How are Shadow Warriors?

Post#21 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:11 am

jokerspsycho wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:12 pm
zulnam wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:59 pm People constantly argue that SW is very strong for solo 6-man and i agree.
I've seen this before, what is the reason to bring aSW over a WL?
None, imo. a WL can do more burst than an aSW.

The two classes do synergise however, so if you have a WL + aSW they can both jump on the same target and the SW can proceed to debuff the target (crit chance, heal debuff, init+ws) while the WL deals the burst.

Basically aSW can offer great assist to any single-target melee.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Ads
jokerspsycho

Post#22 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:49 pm

zulnam wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:11 am
jokerspsycho wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:12 pm
zulnam wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:59 pm People constantly argue that SW is very strong for solo 6-man and i agree.
I've seen this before, what is the reason to bring aSW over a WL?
None, imo. a WL can do more burst than an aSW.

The two classes do synergise however, so if you have a WL + aSW they can both jump on the same target and the SW can proceed to debuff the target (crit chance, heal debuff, init+ws) while the WL deals the burst.

Basically aSW can offer great assist to any single-target melee.
So might as well run slayer/wl for your melee dps? Unfortunate.

zulnam

Post#23 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:19 pm

Yes, every SW spec can be replaced by a class that does it better.

It's the only class in this situation, to my knowledge. SH was in the same boat as well (since they are somewhat mirrors) but the melee specs buffs was done correctly for it from the beginning so now it has at least 1 competent spec.

SaintRon

Post#24 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:26 pm

zulnam wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:19 pm Yes, every SW spec can be replaced by a class that does it better.

It's the only class in this situation, to my knowledge. SH was in the same boat as well (since they are somewhat mirrors) but the melee specs buffs was done correctly for it from the beginning so now it has at least 1 competent spec.

You get into a weird situation with this because there are multiple RDPS and MDPS roles to choose from. How do you balance it in such a way that you don't edge out another RDPS or MDPS because players will think a 1-2% difference means 1 isn't "viable" anymore?

On a side note - SH are super popular right now. I know because my AM feels like the fat kid in dodge ball.

zulnam

Post#25 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:41 pm

Yeah, I know. It's not an easy issue to balance. But then again 24 classes were never going to be.

It would be nice to hear changes are coming, but something tells me SW balance is not very high up the priorities list.

jokerspsycho

Post#26 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:58 pm

SaintRon wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:26 pm
zulnam wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:19 pm Yes, every SW spec can be replaced by a class that does it better.

You get into a weird situation with this because there are multiple RDPS and MDPS roles to choose from. How do you balance it in such a way that you don't edge out another RDPS or MDPS because players will think a 1-2% difference means 1 isn't "viable" anymore?

On a side note - SH are super popular right now. I know because my AM feels like the fat kid in dodge ball.
Ima go out on a limb here and say that Thezarbix is half the reason for this. He plays BW, WL, SH and i see a lot of those 3 classes lol. Also im sure when theres people being salty its usually toward WL or mSH which makes people think they are beyond broken so they roll that class/spec.

agemennon675

Post#27 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:51 am

How is Shadow Warrior ? This is how: Your own guild will take a random BW or Slayer for city warband outside of guild instead of taking the SW that is online and there in the discord with voice comms. That is how bad it is
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

Caladh

Post#28 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:23 am

Are there any plans to fix this?

Ads