Recent Topics

Ads

(SW) How are Shadow Warriors?

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
navis

Re: (SW) How are Shadow Warriors?

Post#11 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:58 pm

I miss Outrider Patrol..

Ads
jasonX
Suspended

Post#12 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:32 pm

Gitbane 81RR Choppa, proud guild master of Wispers of Mutiny
Gitbaner 77RR Chosen, tankier version of Gitbane
Gitbaneous 80RR sorc, heavy and tanky bomber mode.
Ethilia 84RR SW (too much nerf, RIP :()
Gitbaneus 81rr BW
Gitbone 77rr Slayer

jokerspsycho

Post#13 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:40 pm

Mystry wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:40 pm
jokerspsycho wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:25 pm
Fendelphi wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:18 pm Already posted on balance forum.
Edit: My one concern is that changes made for improving Scout and Skirmish also improves Assault, which is fine as it is(at least it does not need to get stronger, IMO).
Is assault really that good? When I was looking at it, looked like the class could use a leap in a similiar spot to SH and WL to make the most out of a assault/skirmishers build.
Assault isn't 'that' good, it's just that Scout and Skirmish are next to useless. Assault has some mildly decent burst, but pales in comparison to Slayer or even WL, and has next to zero survivability.

I don't know what is with the trend of all the cool Order classes being dogshit, but it's an actual thing.
Im a newer player so not sure about balance but if SW had a 10s cd pounce where sh and wl have theirs i would roll them in an instant lol. Hunter ranger wad my favorite class in neverwinter but they only have a 20s cd pounce and it's a capstone. playing mSH atm but kinda wanted to be ranged melee hybrid.

Mystry
Suspended

Post#14 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:53 pm

jokerspsycho wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:40 pm Im a newer player so not sure about balance but if SW had a 10s cd pounce where sh and wl have theirs i would roll them in an instant lol. Hunter ranger wad my favorite class in neverwinter but they only have a 20s cd pounce and it's a capstone. playing mSH atm but kinda wanted to be ranged melee hybrid.
Shadow Warrior has Shadowstep, which is a pounce. It's the penultimate ability in the Assault tree, though.

jokerspsycho

Post#15 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:10 am

Mystry wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:53 pm
jokerspsycho wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:40 pm Im a newer player so not sure about balance but if SW had a 10s cd pounce where sh and wl have theirs i would roll them in an instant lol. Hunter ranger wad my favorite class in neverwinter but they only have a 20s cd pounce and it's a capstone. playing mSH atm but kinda wanted to be ranged melee hybrid.
Shadow Warrior has Shadowstep, which is a pounce. It's the penultimate ability in the Assault tree, though.
Correct. SH/WL have a 10s cd pounce at the 5pt mark where SW has theirs at the 15pt mark and its 20s.

Could remove one of the skills in the tree at the 5 or 9pt and place pounce there while giving it a 10s cd and having the defense buff last for 5-10s something similiar in str to mSH sneaky strike (which has a 100% up time), would put sw more on par with wl/sh in that sense.

Still the main issue of Rsw and Rsh being not great would still exist but the way it goes sometimes.

zulnam

Post#16 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:59 pm

OP: SW is a fun but broken dps class. It can be viable in certain circumstances but depends what your end game objective is. Generally, it can do both melee and range but less better than all alternatives.

None of those changes would make SW more viable to the meta of the game, which is bomb warbands.

Even aSW, arguably the best tree for the class, is not viable.

People constantly argue that SW is very strong for solo 6-man and i agree. But end game is not behind 6-man. End game is city and city is warband.

Currently the only way for a SW to get warlord/sov is to:

1) cheese their way through pugs;
2) be an old and important member in an organised guild. I know only one example.

I would argue that aSW is the tree to go since it is the closest one to a competent spec and thus the easiest to fix. Yes that would mean that it would be a spec viable for 6-man, solo and warband. It wouldn't be the first, however.

My recommendations would be:

1) reduce cooldown of Sweeping Slash to 5 seconds.

2) Improve Hunter's Fervor (posibilities: reduced cd, increased duration, change AP with Morale).

3) Redo Swift Strikes to be an aoe morale drain similar to mara one, perhaps with only a 15% chance to drain morale (since mara one requires a tactic). [this change alone would guarantee that every organised warband would be running at least 1 aSW).
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

jokerspsycho

Post#17 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:12 pm

zulnam wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:59 pm People constantly argue that SW is very strong for solo 6-man and i agree.
I've seen this before, what is the reason to bring aSW over a WL?

ajnin420
Suspended

Post#18 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:32 am

Spoiler:
jokerspsycho wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:12 pm
zulnam wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:59 pm People constantly argue that SW is very strong for solo 6-man and i agree.
I've seen this before, what is the reason to bring aSW over a WL?

The reason? There's no reason to for any of this you internet moron. Get off the **** forums and play the game. You will find your "reasons" there. Idiot.
Don't open. Nothing good inside.

Ads
SaintRon

Post#19 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:40 am

They should have given shadow warriors a bit more misdirection. They weren't supposed to be just archers. I kinda wish they were a bit of a mix between WH and their current state with witch hunters taking the combo point mechanic with assault.

IMO Witch Hunters should be scary (jump on the back line, executing heretics) and Shadow Warriors should have been sneaky.

jokerspsycho

Post#20 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:19 am

Really changes I think would help out asw a lot would be:

crosscut being removed and replaced by shadowstep
SS cd reduced to 10-15s and the def buff strength reduced a bit to compensate

sweeping strikes to be an aoe instead of cone, 10s cd and something like a 20% slow for 5s to add some aoe utility to it

whirling pin cd reduced from 30 to 15 and the slow reduced to 5s. That plus SS change encourage more in and out play.

Hunters fervor changed to 25% for 20s at 60s cd or 15s at 45s cd

Not to the point of city yet so cant comment on what would make them good there and this could all be a bad idea since I'm just a newer player.

Could just be making a good spec better but just my thoughts of fun changes as a new SW.