Recent Topics

Ads

2h Swordmaster

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Tanski

2h Swordmaster

Post#1 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:45 pm

I love my BG and I feel i offer a lot to 6 mans, solo roaming, and I do pretty decent damage with bloodlord gear (1400 dps on squishies with enraged beating after debuffing). I was wondering, is Swordmaster worth the time investment for 2h play? I dont see many good ones out there tbh, in fact my experience 1v1 against SMs on my BG was they would either initially run, or engage for a few seconds and realise they couldnt damage me and then run. Anyway, SM seems to have the tools to get the job done, and I already have one at 40 with ruin gear, was just wondering if I should keep going on. Thanks!
75+ BG
80 Choppa/slyer
80 wl
70 + sm
70 bw/sorc
80 wh, we
60 sham/am

Ads
Martok

Re: 2h Swordmaster

Post#2 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:28 pm

Given all Swordmasters die to your shadow then no, don't bother. Please.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Tanski

Post#3 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:44 pm

Lol.
75+ BG
80 Choppa/slyer
80 wl
70 + sm
70 bw/sorc
80 wh, we
60 sham/am

wpc56
Suspended

Post#4 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:03 pm

For me it's the reverse, I have higher gear SM and have merc level BG. It's not comparing the same mirror.

SM/Borc stun/burst single target and that's it. No utility whatsoever. (maybe cooldown reduce bot and that's it)

BG has utility similar to IB, it's so great to aoe ensnare, super punt, crit chance debuff.

You would do lower single target dmg (similar to IB I would imagine) but more aoe dmg and debuff. BG does tank role very well to control space. SM just guard and do single target dmg but equal gear healer will just ignore you

Objectively BG is better at helping team securing kills... SM just go does it's thing with guarded dps and drop like a fly when magus/sorc look at them.

Even Borc is better at SM, you wott (armor/resist) buff make them far more durable then SM. They are hitting your face with more dmg/def stat while SM just delaying the inevitable with wall of darting steel.

If you want to see big single target number as tank, try Borc. Debuffed, you can crit for 1k+ easily per hit from tree hit combo (my blood lord geared SM crit for 800 per ether dance)

Tanski

Post#5 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:20 pm

Yeah that is what I was afraid of. I appreciate the in depth response!
75+ BG
80 Choppa/slyer
80 wl
70 + sm
70 bw/sorc
80 wh, we
60 sham/am

Chinesehero

Post#6 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:36 am

Tanski wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:45 pm I love my BG and I feel i offer a lot to 6 mans, solo roaming, and I do pretty decent damage with bloodlord gear (1400 dps on squishies with enraged beating after debuffing). I was wondering, is Swordmaster worth the time investment for 2h play? I dont see many good ones out there tbh, in fact my experience 1v1 against SMs on my BG was they would either initially run, or engage for a few seconds and realise they couldnt damage me and then run. Anyway, SM seems to have the tools to get the job done, and I already have one at 40 with ruin gear, was just wondering if I should keep going on. Thanks!
man, u should try me :D
i think destro 2h tank is Chosen the strongest, BO and BG not a lvl about 1v1

Tanski

Post#7 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:38 pm

After re reading my post it does sound a little vain. But that wasn’t my intention, what I was getting at is there is an overall lack of sms. This game isn’t balanced around 1v1 so that doesn’t necessarily determine a players skill, but in 6 mans order spams kotbs and ib , who obviously have more utility, and in large scale snb sm is actually really good but idk. For most classes I can try to pm high rr players in game and ask their thoughts on their class and the most I’ve gotten out of full blood lord sms is “it’s aight” .
75+ BG
80 Choppa/slyer
80 wl
70 + sm
70 bw/sorc
80 wh, we
60 sham/am

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#8 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:06 pm

Tanski wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:38 pm After re reading my post it does sound a little vain. But that wasn’t my intention, what I was getting at is there is an overall lack of sms. This game isn’t balanced around 1v1 so that doesn’t necessarily determine a players skill, but in 6 mans order spams kotbs and ib , who obviously have more utility, and in large scale snb sm is actually really good but idk. For most classes I can try to pm high rr players in game and ask their thoughts on their class and the most I’ve gotten out of full blood lord sms is “it’s aight” .
The lack of SM's at a high level is (imho) more around their mechanic requiring a pretty specific taste in playstyle to actually use effectively. You're not building mass appeal to a class no matter how strong they are, and SM are certainly strong for a great many functions. It's not just that kotbs have more group utility, it's that they're able to do their job without being in the wrong rotation. IB despite being the less efficient tank group-wise is on much better ground in a solid 6-man group as their abilities are tuned towards small groups and not large. Also elves have stupid looking faces that no one wants to deal with in their unit frames.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
Ototo

Post#9 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:53 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:06 pm
Tanski wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:38 pm After re reading my post it does sound a little vain. But that wasn’t my intention, what I was getting at is there is an overall lack of sms. This game isn’t balanced around 1v1 so that doesn’t necessarily determine a players skill, but in 6 mans order spams kotbs and ib , who obviously have more utility, and in large scale snb sm is actually really good but idk. For most classes I can try to pm high rr players in game and ask their thoughts on their class and the most I’ve gotten out of full blood lord sms is “it’s aight” .
The lack of SM's at a high level is (imho) more around their mechanic requiring a pretty specific taste in playstyle to actually use effectively. You're not building mass appeal to a class no matter how strong they are, and SM are certainly strong for a great many functions. It's not just that kotbs have more group utility, it's that they're able to do their job without being in the wrong rotation. IB despite being the less efficient tank group-wise is on much better ground in a solid 6-man group as their abilities are tuned towards small groups and not large. Also elves have stupid looking faces that no one wants to deal with in their unit frames.
Dwarf bias :D
Spoiler:

hammerhead

Post#10 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:17 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:06 pm Also elves have stupid looking faces....
What did you just say?

(\|)o0(|/)