Recent Topics

Ads

[WL] whats a good damage build at the minute?

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Bloodtau

[WL] whats a good damage build at the minute?

Post#1 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:49 pm

I feel that my current build (max hunter and 6 into axeman) is just slapping things with a wet fish.
Can anyone recommend either the base bones of a build or point me towards a few decent ones? I mainly do scenarios and 1v1

Ads
Bloodtau

Re: [WL] whats a good damage build at the minute?

Post#2 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:55 pm

Nobody got any ideas?
I've seen a loner one posted on the Order board but I want to run a pet...

Lithenir

Post#3 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:28 pm

You play 1v1 and scenarios with max hunter? lol

Try one of these
RoR.builders - White Lion

RoR.builders - White Lion

Ototo

Post#4 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:25 pm

I like these:
* Level 40/Renown Rank 50: Knockdown, de/buffs, relies a bit in Revenge! to finish off beefy targets.
* Level 40/Renown Rank 70: More single target potential, finishers and heal debuff/interrupt against caster classes.
* Level 40/Renown Rank 40: It's OKish I think? I mean, it has no real flaws, but neither has any real strength except taking one more AoE skill. Focused in front line toe-to-toe combat. I don't recommend it myself, but maybe someone wants to use WLs in Warbands exclusively? For some reason? :?

I would really go for the 1st as it has a lot of fail-safes and pretty much improves the damage of all your skills a bit, and in general provides versatility.

I would really like to try this 40/50 one day, but no Pounce makes it way less appealing... I know, I know, you have Charge! like all the other mDPSs, but it's not the same. If you play WL is for the pouncing, that is by far the most defining skill of the class. Let's face it and move on.
Spoiler:

Flavorburst

Post#5 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:29 pm

Ototo wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:25 pm I like these:
* Level 40/Renown Rank 50: Knockdown, de/buffs, relies a bit in Revenge! to finish off beefy targets.
* Level 40/Renown Rank 70: More single target potential, finishers and heal debuff/interrupt against caster classes.
* Level 40/Renown Rank 40: It's OKish I think? I mean, it has no real flaws, but neither has any real strength except taking one more AoE skill. Focused in front line toe-to-toe combat. I don't recommend it myself, but maybe someone wants to use WLs in Warbands exclusively? For some reason? :?

I would really go for the 1st as it has a lot of fail-safes and pretty much improves the damage of all your skills a bit, and in general provides versatility.

I would really like to try this 40/50 one day, but no Pounce makes it way less appealing... I know, I know, you have Charge! like all the other mDPSs, but it's not the same. If you play WL is for the pouncing, that is by far the most defining skill of the class. Let's face it and move on.
LOL, those specs!

Ototo

Post#6 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:31 pm

Flavorburst wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:29 pm
Spoiler:

LOL, those specs!
Quality constructive comment there. 100% useless.
Spoiler:

Flavorburst

Post#7 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:35 pm

Ototo wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:31 pm

LOL, those specs!
You don't even have force opp in 2 of them, which is practically THE best ability WL gets (outside of pounce).

Ototo

Post#8 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:40 pm

Flavorburst wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:35 pm
Spoiler:

LOL, those specs!
You don't even have force opp in 2 of them, which is practically THE best ability WL gets (outside of pounce).
And is said in the explanation? Several times? Cause they are meant to kill different things? Idk, just the crazy idea that you may need to read people comments instead of simply clicking links... pay no attention to that, too crazy of an idea. Keep clicking without reading, please.
Spoiler:

Ads
Flavorburst

Post#9 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:00 pm

Ototo wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:40 pm
Flavorburst wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:35 pm
Spoiler:

And is said in the explanation? Several times? Cause they are meant to kill different things? Idk, just the crazy idea that you may need to read people comments instead of simply clicking links... pay no attention to that, too crazy of an idea. Keep clicking without reading, please.
The fact that you prefaced it doesn't matter. Suggesting builds without force opp on them is somewhere between malicious and wildly ignorant, especially to someone who is new and is looking for legitimate specs.

Lithenir

Post#10 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:13 pm

Ototo wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:25 pm
I was running a build like this from time to time on live with RR80-100 and tbh it was quite fun but you have to understand that you are limited to hunting weak targets with light armor.
But live was like a different world from now. Force Opportunity armor penetration was lower back then and these days you simply cannot run without it sadly