Recent Topics

Ads

[SW]How do I play this class at 40/40

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
H0tYand3r3

Re: [SW]How do I play this class at 40/40

Post#11 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:38 am

With the fester bomb nerfs a while back its not nearly as fun, but kill stealing is pretty easy with Scout, heal debuff is a must for range.

Going back to support dps, you really are a support dps until later on unfortunately. You're best at sc's and solo ganking.
Yandrere/Swrsmemes-SW-83RR+ Art Supplies
Islipped-Zealot-4xRR+ (N/A)
Unconventional-BG-7xRR+ (N/A)
Ihealforpesos-DK-7xRR+ (N/A)

Ads
anarchypark

Post#12 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:50 am

play scout as magic rdps.
rr40
https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,3971,3973
forget healdebuff. shoot 1k+ dmg every 5s. practice targeting and range.
rr70
https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,3971,3973
skirmish range is dangerous for scout, though
at rr70 you should be familiar with arrow flight time, cast time, cooldown, range and stance change.
after farming, stick to scout or change path to skirmish or assault.

play it like low burst bw/sorc with kite utilities.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Sulorie

Post#13 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:27 am

Darkhiei wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:58 pm This class used to have a knockdown synergy live while Vengence buff was up you used takedown and it was a knockdown. That's taken away, class had a root. The Whirl pin move was a 10s root and would brake when they took any damage... why where these abilities taken away. How is this balance... this is like someone get pissed n has a personal vendetta against the class itself they decide to just gut it down. Why aren't other classes gutted like this. Taken away their prime utility as a class. Melee have rush moves and have moves that pull you and knockdown not to mention absurd damage. But we get gutted our damage and utility. Take away the guard from tanks that's kinda what you've done to this class. Reverse some of these changes. The damage can go away but give us back the knockdown from takedown with vengence.
What you are talking about? The class still got a ranged knockdown but it's in skirmish tree now.
Whirling pin got already changed on live to a selfpunt+snare and it is much better than a root, which breaks on damage.
Dying is no option.

DanielWinner

Post#14 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:52 am

Play BW or WL :thumbsup:
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Riphael - Black Guard.

Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage
Spoiler:
Gotcha

saupreusse
Developer

Post#15 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:10 pm

Sulorie wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:27 am
Darkhiei wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:58 pm This class used to have a knockdown synergy live while Vengence buff was up you used takedown and it was a knockdown. That's taken away, class had a root. The Whirl pin move was a 10s root and would brake when they took any damage... why where these abilities taken away. How is this balance... this is like someone get pissed n has a personal vendetta against the class itself they decide to just gut it down. Why aren't other classes gutted like this. Taken away their prime utility as a class. Melee have rush moves and have moves that pull you and knockdown not to mention absurd damage. But we get gutted our damage and utility. Take away the guard from tanks that's kinda what you've done to this class. Reverse some of these changes. The damage can go away but give us back the knockdown from takedown with vengence.
What you are talking about? The class still got a ranged knockdown but it's in skirmish tree now.
Whirling pin got already changed on live to a selfpunt+snare and it is much better than a root, which breaks on damage.
Whirling pin - the most clunk you can have online. 11/10 IGN. Not usable when your enemy parries. Not usable when your enemy is cc immune(not even the self punt part of it). Not usable when the terrain is slightly uphill. Takes like forever to actually start the animation and punt you away. completely useless when your enemy has a high ping because they will get you half hp already in the time this ability takes to fire off. Basically useless as long as you dont get it to fire off while the terrain is 100% flat and you manage to use it in full 30ft range. Great at getting yourself killed though because the ability decides it would be cool to punt you into a random direction out of your control.

CountTalabecland

Post#16 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:51 pm

Whirling Pin is pointless. It doesn’t even get you out of range of Choppa’s undefendable pull. If dest catches you in skirm/scout you are dead.

Overall, play a Slayer or BW in Orvr and don’t be a deadweight class. Why play “support” dps when you can play another 100% “damage” dps? Assault is fine in some set ups, but otherwise this class doesn’t bring enough in group or warband play.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Darkhiei

Post#17 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:27 am

Well the reason I even bothered to play was cuz in live my main was a SW. I did not get to end game but we did have a vengeance buff +takedown that was a knockdown synergy. That was one of the key ccs to the class itself that we do not get here.

Doomjester921

Post#18 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:39 pm

If you decide to go Skirmish, your best abilities are Glass Arrow, Shadow Sting and the other relevant debuffs. If you use Powerful Draw tactic, then your Skirmish abilities have the same range as Scout abilities. But one thing to understand is that the effectiveness isn't in that you rake in the kills, rather that you cripple your enemies to set them up for your Teammates to kill.
Another piece of advice is to remember to use Whirling Pin and your KDs and snares whenever possible to escape facing mdps and tanks directly. If they can lock you down, you're already dead.
Linmar Valestrider, 40/46 Skirmish SW.
Linmarbor Valestrider, Swordmaster.

Ads
ceramicartist

Post#19 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:19 am

virpyre79 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:37 pm
Specific Target Rotation: Festering Arrow, followed by Rapid Fire, Morale2: Unshakable Focus, teamed with Vengeance of Nagarythe
You do know they removed UF from the SW class...

virpyre79

Post#20 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:54 pm

ceramicartist wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:19 am
virpyre79 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:37 pm
Specific Target Rotation: Festering Arrow, followed by Rapid Fire, Morale2: Unshakable Focus, teamed with Vengeance of Nagarythe
You do know they removed UF from the SW class...
Wow you don't say....

Way to necro a very old post their buddy case you didn't notice this is a very old topic.
Characters: virpyre - DoK, Reapyre - Sorcerer