Recent Topics

Ads

[SW] Questions about assault

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Razumikin

[SW] Questions about assault

Post#1 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:43 pm

Hello everyone,
I’m a new player leveling up a skirmisher SW but I want to change to assault once I got higher renown lvl. I have few questions:

What’s the cookie cutter build at max renown level?

What tactics do you usually slot?

Is assault viable at lower renown level other than max? If yes, at what lvl?

Thank you.

Ads
Manatikik

Re: [SW] Questions about assault

Post#2 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:34 am

Razumikin wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:43 pm Hello everyone,
I’m a new player leveling up a skirmisher SW but I want to change to assault once I got higher renown lvl. I have few questions:

What’s the cookie cutter build at max renown level?

What tactics do you usually slot?

Is assault viable at lower renown level other than max? If yes, at what lvl?

Thank you.

When you say max level do you mean RR 80 or just R40? Cause you can ghetto-rig it at 60 to work alright (but you'll be squishy) but you really want rr 70 to get all the Mastery Abilities you need. Here is the RR 70 cookie cutter build: RoR.builders - Shadow Warrior

You can do okay in SC's in T2 if you really want to but you are just food in T4 unitl you get okay geared. I'd suggest Full Vanq + Beastlord with double Subj Weapons/45 SC Weapons at least with 2 piece genesis jewelry.
<Montague><Capulet>

wpc56
Suspended

Post#3 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:59 am

I like sinister assualt to assist on tanks, they nvm expect it. Just know you need to spec RR specifically for assualt. The stance converts the balistic and range crit on your GEAR, that means for your RR, you need to actually spend points in melee crit or strength/parry.

Adelmar

Post#4 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:12 pm

I'm still running Skirmisher/Scout primarily (outside of Assault in dungeons) as I'm not wanting to run Assault until RR70. I was wondering if Crosscut is worth it over No Respite or something else. I heard Crosscut hits harder than anything else but I haven't tested it myself yet. No Respite would undoubtedly lend a more sustained damage increase on everything in melee range so I was just wondering what everyone's thoughts were on Crosscut.
Adelmar (WH) - RR8X
Audari (WE) - RR7X
Contract (SW) - RR8X

Ashoris

Post#5 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:30 pm

assault SW is viable even before RR70 you just have the same issues all melee classes have.

Spec wise i would recommend to play without shadowstep.
something like :
RoR.builders - Shadow Warrior
- no respite and sinister assault (assault tactics) are valid too with the next points.

play not as a solo hero but a good assist dps with crit enhance, initiative debuff, knockdown and perma Healdebuff.

make yourself hard to kill in the begining so the good dps can profit from your buffs/debuffs - means equip "the winds impervious" (easy to get jewelry with pretty good resists and +420 Armor in Assault stance) and socket some armor talis too (benefits from the assault stance bonus).
Warhammer Return of Reckoning
Verey / Ashoris / Devoras

WaR -dead-
Erengrad - Order - Frostbringer - Devoras

Manatikik

Post#6 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:34 pm

Adelmar wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:12 pm I'm still running Skirmisher/Scout primarily (outside of Assault in dungeons) as I'm not wanting to run Assault until RR70. I was wondering if Crosscut is worth it over No Respite or something else. I heard Crosscut hits harder than anything else but I haven't tested it myself yet. No Respite would undoubtedly lend a more sustained damage increase on everything in melee range so I was just wondering what everyone's thoughts were on Crosscut.
I only run Crosscut over Exploit Weakness. I suggest EQ > Cross to most people just because they usually aren't running in groups so the KD is the only reliable way to take down healers (unless you are on point with your Counterstrike, which most people are not). Crosscut is one of the best group skills in the game ATM. If you run with a SM using Sinister Assault over No Respite also works if they are using WW, but without it NR has slightly better damage overall.

The secondary issue to dropping NR is then your fourth tactic slot is either taken by Bullseye which increases your damage by a good amount BUT also hits your survivability a lot which if you're not in a solid group usually equates to death OR Leading Shots which is a great tactic but by it not affecting you you are cutting your damage down a lot.
<Montague><Capulet>

Adelmar

Post#7 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:58 pm

Thanks guys! Appreciate the responses.
Adelmar (WH) - RR8X
Audari (WE) - RR7X
Contract (SW) - RR8X

wpc56
Suspended

Post#8 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:55 pm

Crosscut is not worth it, half the time the fight is over before you know it (within 10 seconds). Unless guarded you won't even last that long, EQ is a stun you can burst enemy down from. Also 2H knight have the same debuff so if you run with one, crit debuff has already been covered.

I think most ppl really under estimate brutal assualt, you crit for 1k+ easily and that's alot against 2h tank, you "can" be as dangerous as WH to 2h tank if guarded/healed plus a lot of debuff/healing debuff. I have had some success with assault bursting down avg gear 2h tank.

Ads
Razumikin

Post#9 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:08 pm

I've just noticed that you dont get ballistic converted into str from set bonus, like genesis etc. or from talismans.

Is this intentional?

How much str and weapon skill should I aim for?

What talismans are you slotting?

Thx again

Manatikik

Post#10 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:48 pm

Razumikin wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:08 pm I've just noticed that you dont get ballistic converted into str from set bonus, like genesis etc. or from talismans.

Is this intentional?

How much str and weapon skill should I aim for?

What talismans are you slotting?

Thx again
You do get STR from Set bonuses and Tali's from BS. If you swap gear while in assault your Paper Doll does not update - you have to swap out and back into Assault to get it to update (though you get the stats regardless).

Str and WS benchmarks are up to you. Depending on the gear you're in depends on what you will aim for. My defensive set i have 1050 Str and 700 WS (this is with Pots and Wrist Slash up ofc); in my 'glass cannon' gear im at like 1000 Str/1000 WS with high crit. With entry level Assault gear: 3305320932333329325718581857203820622008468467469 you'll be around 1050 STR and 720 WS with okay crit.

So ideally for Talisman's the higher gear level you get the more WS then Armor talisman's you can afford to slot into your gear. So in that gear you need to get BS slotted until you git 900-970 STR so when you pop a pot you're Soft Capped, then WS to a level you want and Armor as high as you can get. I'd always suggest putting a 164/180 Armor in your Beastlord Cloak - it's BiS unless you run Bloodlord + 2 piece Sentinel.
<Montague><Capulet>