Recent Topics

Ads

General introduction to classes?

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Guiylan

General introduction to classes?

Post#1 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:20 pm

Hello everyone,

I'm a completely new player who just registered.

I was wondering if you knew of some general introduction to all classes presenting the gameplay (or gameplays when different according to the build) of every class, so that I could choose the one that would fit me best. I'm posting on the elves sub-forum because I have a weak spot for them and I couldn't find a more general sub-forum about classes, but I'm potentially interested in the other classes as well.

I looked myself for quite a while before asking the question but I didn't manage to find anything really relevant and updated to this version of the game.

Thank you very much for your answers! I'm eager to create my first character. :-)
Last edited by Guiylan on Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Arbich
Suspended

Re: General introduction to classes

Post#2 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:35 pm

There is a career builder in the top menu where you can see the skills of every class and the skill trees available to them.

Some very basic infos about the different archetypes:
There are tanks (for high elves: swordmaster) melee damage dealer (white lion), range damage dealer (shadow warrior) and healer (archmage).

While some classes have some selfheal abilities, only healers can really keep you alive. Only tanks can use guard (a very strong ability, when the friendly target you are guarding gets attacked, the damage is split between him and you).

Depending on your investment in the skill trees, a healer can also be a damage dealer instead and a shadow warrior (and sqiug herder as mirror on destruction side) can be a melee damage dealer instead.
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

Guiylan

Re: General introduction to classes

Post#3 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:39 pm

Thank you for this answer. I'll certainly look into that. Even if a general presentation, if it exists, would be more accessible to a newcomer's understanding. :-)

I was also wondering if the classes are more or less balanced. For example, if an elf tank is as performant as a dwarf or human tank, although in a different way of course, and so on.

Guiylan

Re: General introduction to classes?

Post#5 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:08 pm

Thanks!

I can't believe I didn't find that with my Google searches.

It's a pity some races and thus some classes are missing, including the elves.^^