Recent Topics

Ads

Swordmaster Maximum Survival ORVR Tank Build

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Meenex

Swordmaster Maximum Survival ORVR Tank Build

Post#1 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:36 pm

Hi, I want to know what is the best build for survive in big Orvr fight. I don't want to be usefull for my friend, I just want to be indestructible.

In my point of view, 2H build is useless in long fight. You have Wall of Darting Steel. With good renown ability, I think this is Insane. You can have 95% parry (eagle's flight) , 90% Disrupt (calming wind) and 70% evasion. But, when you have no AP… ? SM have no tactic and nothing to recover is AP. WIth SNB, if you can use you balance well and have the right renown ability and with HTL, you can have 45% parry (perfect defence/eagle's flight), 85% Disrupt (calming wind), 65% evasion, 25% block (perfect defense/crushing advance) and bonus armor of crushing advance. And if you have no AP, can can still have some survivability. What do you think.

For a maximum survivability: RoR.builders - Sword Master

The goal here is to max all defense renown (block, parry, evasion, disrupt) to use to full potential of Vault Buffer. And I try to be in perfect balance all the time to use the full potential of Calming Wind and Perfect defense. My playstyle is simple:
Protection of Hoeth -> Crushing Advance / Eagle's Flight / Sudden Shift -> Hold The line.

Do you think i am wrong. What is you best build for that and what is your playstyle. I really want to play de swordmaster and I want to be indestructible. Thank you for all you can share with me ! :D

Ads
Ramasee

Re: Swordmaster Maximum Survival ORVR Tank Build

Post#2 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:47 pm

I'd dropped Vaul's Tempering and pick up Whispering Wind instead. That way you have some use to your team without dropping any real survivability since VT provides very little.

https://officialrorbuilder.herokuapp.co ... ,2893,2897

The rest of your post is all correct.

Aethilmar

Post#3 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:20 pm

Interesting thought experiment. So if you do this you achieve maximum deftard but are mostly useless to your group. If a Knight does max deftard, they are still extremely useful to their group. If an IB does this do they have group utility?

Aurandilaz

Post#4 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:33 pm

Yep, Sm can get very good survival rates, with absorb + maximum avoidances, then wounds talis so with WP buff you have maybe +10k HP, and when you end up blocking/parrying/disrupting 30-50% if not more of enemy attacks, you just keep going despite all the pressure. In some ways, you end up being tankier than KOTB due to absorbing so many possible enemy crits before they can go through your barrier.
The main group value is from Whispering Wind, which you just spam as much as possible. Not as good as KOTB which can walk around with Auras active, but eh, hard to compare yourself to best tank in game. At least SM is still miles ahead when compared to IB group utility.
In theory, you should have 4 SMs 4 KOTB in WB, to have best possible WW cd reduce coverage, so that BWs can bomb nonstop and Slayer as well. Then, if you have a fancy WB organization, you can do weird almost unheard things like coordinated M2 jumps to snare enemies with a morale snare that they cannot predict (since you fall on top of them from the heavens above).
Protection of Hoeth is also solid group utility, not best, but still highly useful for opening combat and not needing a target for initial stance switch.
The resis debuff blade enchantment used to be amazing, now removed sadly from game. Still, you can spam AoE statsteal and hope you steal something useful like Init instead of some weird stats no one cares about. Wounds enchantment is kinda wasted due to WP woundsbuff and stacking rules (afaik).
Your main value is still from guarding some squishy dps and using Challenge (with the extra option of Raking Talons so you can super debuff enemy dmg for a very short time period - but with several SMs in WB who do it proper, it can be quite a potent tool)

Meenex

Post#5 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:52 pm

Thank you all to reply, I appreciate that!

And Ramasee, thank you to post your build. I see what you want to say.

I have some other question for you…

1- Phantom blade VS Heaven blade. 1 give you resist or armor for 10 sec and the other 1 give you a another bubble. What do you think is the best for maximum survival.
2- Vault Buffer VS Rugged tactic. I don't know if the bubble is better than lower damage you receive.

wpc56
Suspended

Post#6 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:30 pm

Assuming you are getting healed in orvr, heaven's blade is much better. It's not explicitly called out but it stacks with crushing advance so you can reach 6k+ armor if both proc. It's a staple pve combo.

Vault buffer is so much better than rugged, every 3 seconds 500+ absorb, it's free hp that your healer doesn't need to heal through. You can use armor or toughness talisman to make up for rugged, toughness is only good against dots

Wdova

Post#7 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:56 am

Meenex wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:36 pm Hi, I want to know what is the best build for survive in big Orvr fight. I don't want to be usefull for my friend, I just want to be indestructible.

In my point of view, 2H build is useless in long fight. You have Wall of Darting Steel. With good renown ability, I think this is Insane. You can have 95% parry (eagle's flight) , 90% Disrupt (calming wind) and 70% evasion. But, when you have no AP… ? SM have no tactic and nothing to recover is AP. WIth SNB, if you can use you balance well and have the right renown ability and with HTL, you can have 45% parry (perfect defence/eagle's flight), 85% Disrupt (calming wind), 65% evasion, 25% block (perfect defense/crushing advance) and bonus armor of crushing advance. And if you have no AP, can can still have some survivability. What do you think.

For a maximum survivability: RoR.builders - Sword Master

The goal here is to max all defense renown (block, parry, evasion, disrupt) to use to full potential of Vault Buffer. And I try to be in perfect balance all the time to use the full potential of Calming Wind and Perfect defense. My playstyle is simple:
Protection of Hoeth -> Crushing Advance / Eagle's Flight / Sudden Shift -> Hold The line.

Do you think i am wrong. What is you best build for that and what is your playstyle. I really want to play de swordmaster and I want to be indestructible. Thank you for all you can share with me ! :D
I think You are wrong. No matter what class You spec for maximum tankines, You never gona be "indestructible". Your survivability in party or warband depends on Your group mates. On 2nd tank who switch guard on You if u get focused, on healers if You get morale pumped. You can be tanky as hell, but You gonna die if your group dies.
Spec You posted is selfish survivability(Maxed out Vaul tree for max Vaul buffer and Crushing advance self armor buff). You insist on Vauls tempering, You should always pick Raking talon tactic for AOE 20% dmg debuff(warband). You should also pick redirected force for Single target punt(party).

I suggest this build RoR.builders - Sword Master.

You still have most of self survival tools(Vauls buffer, Perfect defences and Crushing Advance) while You provide much higher group absorb bubble, higher buff from Heavnes Blade, Single target knockback, Single target knockdown and Whispering wind which works as a single target silence and cooldown decreaser at same time.

To be honest spec whatever You like and to what You find the most usefull but remember You are just a tank, not invincible dmg imune walking mountain :D

Edit: I prefer SnB for several reasons. HTL for warband and even self survivability, around 35% base parry + 20-25% base block chance help You mitigate guard dmg more than base 40-45% parry with 2H. If you spam WoDS you can get pretty insane avoidance but with 2 cons: A) You cant use other skills when channeling WoDS B) its self suficient, no effect on party/warband.
Another reason is nobody expect You can dish out some moderate dmg while SnB. 600-800 crits with Encorselled Blow and 700-1k crits with Dazzling Strike is not unusual to targets under WoH spirit debuff + dots provided by Encorselled agony and Potent Enchantment tactics. And its just with opressor/inavder mix with 9.5k HP unbuffed, 0%(probably -4%) chance to be crit, 600 ish toughnes and 820-850 strenght(with pot).
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

Meenex

Post#8 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:06 am

For all the person who think I am a selfish tank who don't care about is mate. I use guard and switch guard when someone is in danger, challenge the time, use protection of Hoeth and use other tool like gusting wind to protect someone. I care about the other and we talk about only ORVR. This is a another game.

Single target knockback/knockdown do not protect anyone correctly in ORVR. If a healer is in danger, gusting wind/aethyric grasp is more appropriate to help him because they are many ennemy around him.

For Racking Talon tactic. Maybe it is usefull in sccenario but in ORVR ? If you protect you mate with dragon talon/racking talon you will save many the small group of people who are attaqued in close combat (because the radius is small) but who you will protect from range now ?

Thank you again for all reply, I am impress honestly !

Ads
Wdova

Post#9 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:56 am

Meenex wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:06 am For all the person who think I am a selfish tank who don't care about is mate. I use guard and switch guard when someone is in danger, challenge the time, use protection of Hoeth and use other tool like gusting wind to protect someone. I care about the other and we talk about only ORVR. This is a another game.

Single target knockback/knockdown do not protect anyone correctly in ORVR. If a healer is in danger, gusting wind/aethyric grasp is more appropriate to help him because they are many ennemy around him.

For Racking Talon tactic. Maybe it is usefull in sccenario but in ORVR ? If you protect you mate with dragon talon/racking talon you will save many the small group of people who are attaqued in close combat (because the radius is small) but who you will protect from range now ?

Thank you again for all reply, I am impress honestly !
I never written You are selfish tank or person no way. I have written that my opinion is that Spec for Path of Hoeth up to WW help groups more than pumping Vaul tree to max and not taking some important skills/tactics.

Play what You like and enjoy. Its up to You.
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

Meenex

Post#10 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:51 pm

To be honest, I am not so good in English and I am limited with my vocabulary. I know you just wanted to tell me your point and I appreciate that. If I have write something who offense you, my sincere apologise and I regret that. I am just amaze by all the reply and this is just positive.