Recent Topics

Ads

Swordmaster Maximum Survival ORVR Tank Build

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
tazdingo

Re: Swordmaster Maximum Survival ORVR Tank Build

Post#31 » Tue May 24, 2022 2:10 pm

you're entirely free to play how you want, i'm just warning that you will be disappointed as it simply doesn't work here as it did on live. you will barely notice a difference between going full turtle and just regular orvr def support

the only fun thing that turtle tanks can do that nobody else can is utilize really aggressive cc, ie. charging into the enemy line and punting people out. you're still useless but it is pretty fun when you get good at it and that is where investing in nothing but survivability will actually help you a bit over other builds

SM is the best class for doing this as you are very likely to get kd'd or counter punted which is instant death, so vauls tempering is actually very good here. SMs snb punt is also excellent, undefendable, really long, big air time. even if you do get counterpunted you have the m1 to just jump back which -sometimes- saves you

BG is also really good with endless pursuit/elite training combo proccing speed, hardcap toughness, the superpunt and what essentially amounts to crit immunity with fof if you built right but unlike SM you are very vulnerable to counter cc. theres also the m2 aoe punt which i cant quite figure out, sometimes it seems like it ignores immunities other times not. fun either way

if you wanna try it and keep the dream alive go for it, just know that you will end up on peoples lists very quickly and will start getting assist bombed on sight. name changes are every 30 days 8-)

Ads
Hakker

Post#32 » Tue May 24, 2022 2:57 pm

Yes, i will be able to play the game next week. We will see if i will end up on peoples lists very quickly :p

And i am curious, i see some person in the past told me how to play "right". Is it the case for the DPS? I see that for healer who dont heal. But DPS I am not sure.

Paxsanarion

Post#33 » Tue May 24, 2022 4:21 pm

Earthcake wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 2:01 pm My take on being too tanky :

https://cakesplan.wordpress.com/2021/06 ... tankiness/
Cakes take is the wisest way if you are looking to be the absolute best help to your WB. I have done both full turtle and semi turtle with more abilities / tactics to help WB. Both ways are great fun. You will find what you enjoy most at some point. I have found it’s best to simply be tanky enough to not stress your healers while providing any unique skills/ tactics you have depending on tank class you are playing. Tanks are great fun and are really needed for Order :-) Good hunting and most of all have fun!

Hakker

Post#34 » Wed May 25, 2022 8:06 am

Thank you it is very appreciated. I know order need tank. But, my question was initatly what is the 4 best tactic to survive in a massive ORVR (like a funnel) for the SM. Someone are able to awnser me?

Thank you!

CyunUnderis

Post#35 » Wed May 25, 2022 8:19 am

Hakker wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 8:06 am Thank you it is very appreciated. I know order need tank. But, my question was initatly what is the 4 best tactic to survive in a massive ORVR (like a funnel) for the SM. Someone are able to awnser me?

Thank you!
Pure funnel : Perfect Defenses, Vaul's Buffer, Calming Winds, Isha's Protection
oRvR : Perfect Defenses, Vaul's Buffer, Isha's Protection, Impeccable Reactions or Raking Talons

gerard86

Post#36 » Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:09 am

sorry for the necro can someone post a career build for a snd swordmaster?

Asderas27

Post#37 » Fri Oct 28, 2022 6:57 am

gerard86 wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:09 am sorry for the necro can someone post a career build for a snd swordmaster?
https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,2884,9049

Whispering Wind, Knockdown and Raking talons are to be taken as soon as possible. Then go for absorb skill into heal proc tactic below WW.
The Unlikely Plan
Ramjumper - Knight of the Blazing Sun
Shewhispers - Swordmaster
Punishingknock - Ironbreaker
TUP
Bellowabuser - Chosen
Moralepumper - Black Orc
Mindkiller - Blackguard

Aethilmar

Post#38 » Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:07 am

Alternative RR50 build that forgoes RT for a bit more utility esp in small scale but still brings the goods for a WB.

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... 6,9047,823

Specifically you can use WW to pump your absorb shield and CA (interrupt). Plus it has what is a really good reactive punt.

Ads
Martok

Post#39 » Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:30 am

Tactics are important as well. I use 'Always Move Slow,' 'Never Immune To Anything,' 'Drop You Weapon At The Worst Possible Time,' and 'Everyone Has Something To Hide Except For Me And My Monkey.'

That last one works really well with Eather Dance.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Asderas27

Post#40 » Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:04 am

Aethilmar wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:07 am Alternative RR50 build that forgoes RT for a bit more utility esp in small scale but still brings the goods for a WB.

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... 6,9047,823

Specifically you can use WW to pump your absorb shield and CA (interrupt). Plus it has what is a really good reactive punt.
Build is fine but tactic choices are terrible. Potent and Bolstering are waste of tactic slots.
Discerning Offense is better paired with Raking talons when Sov+2 is not available.
20% more healing, unstoppable juggernaut and reduce enemy chance to crit by 25% all way superior
The Unlikely Plan
Ramjumper - Knight of the Blazing Sun
Shewhispers - Swordmaster
Punishingknock - Ironbreaker
TUP
Bellowabuser - Chosen
Moralepumper - Black Orc
Mindkiller - Blackguard