Recent Topics

Ads

Especially for developers, who have plans for a nerf white lion

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Angrisius

Especially for developers, who have plans for a nerf white lion

Post#1 » Sun May 19, 2019 11:13 am

Let's compare a white lion with its mirror - a marauder.

1. 3 tactics on 160 str. + additional characteristics of the marauder. The lion has no such tactics at all.
2. Guillotine of a marauder has 5 points in the 2nd tree, a lion has 9 points
3. A skill to reduce hitpoints is a marauder, the lion does not
4. The increase dmg buff of the marauder works in any conditions, in the lion only from the side and from the back
5. The ability to pull the enemy from the marauder is divinely good at comparing with the same in a lion, whose pet can be killed, slowed down or subject to other types of control.
6. A marauder has a knockdown of AOE, a lion has a single target.
7. The marauder had regen over 200 HP per second, and the lion had about 20
8. A marauder tactic giving mutation skills ignoring 50% of armor is in the database, for a lion it extends to only 3 skills in the 1st skill tree
9. At the marauder, the auto attack rises when choosing a gift, the lion requires a tactic slot.
10. A marauder easily survives in a crowd of enemies, taking their lives, the lion in such a situation is forced to flee or die (most likely)

But at the same time, for some reason, it is the lion that is considered excessively strong, and the marauder seems to be the class that still needs to be strengthened a little, right?
Last edited by Angrisius on Sun May 19, 2019 4:15 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Ads
Alfinnete
Banned

Re: Especially for developers, who have plans for a nerf white lion

Post#2 » Sun May 19, 2019 11:16 am

WLs and WHs is Dev class, dont try it here =)

Dammy095

Post#3 » Sun May 19, 2019 11:19 am

so much nonsense

DanielWinner

Post#4 » Sun May 19, 2019 11:22 am

I guess it's just easier to perform "okaish" on WL and kill people.
To kill a lot of people on Mara, you should have a good amount of experience and skill.
That's why we see so many pugkilling WLs but not enough Maras.
Skill ceiling is real.
Though mastered and BIS marauder is superior dps class in the game. Real beast. But again "noob" marauders don't kill every poor player when WLs do it so that's the main reason for a nerf: too strong in the hands of not the best players to kill other average players.
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Riphael - Black Guard.

Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage
Spoiler:
Gotcha

Hargrim
Developer

Post#5 » Sun May 19, 2019 11:24 am

Alfinnete wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 11:16 am WLs and WHs is Dev class, dont try it here =)

I think you should stop lying. You are not in kindergarten anymore.

Alfinnete
Banned

Post#6 » Sun May 19, 2019 11:32 am

Hargrim wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 11:24 am
Alfinnete wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 11:16 am WLs and WHs is Dev class, dont try it here =)

I think you should stop lying. You are not in kindergarten anymore.
;)

Fiskrens

Post#7 » Sun May 19, 2019 11:47 am

DanielWinner wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 11:22 am I guess it's just easier to perform "okaish" on WL and kill people.
To kill a lot of people on Mara, you should have a good amount of experience and skill.
That's why we see so many pugkilling WLs but not enough Maras.
Skill ceiling is real.
Though mastered and BIS marauder is superior dps class in the game. Real beast. But again "noob" marauders don't kill every poor player when WLs do it so that's the main reason for a nerf: too strong in the hands of not the best players to kill other average players.
The reason you see WL's solo roaming/pug is because WL has superior mobility which helps vs ranged classes, WL is simply a better matchup vs more classes than mara is. This idea that Mara is somehow harder to play is laughable though, the class is more group oriented that's all.
Lowbies getting ganked by maxed out guardian WL's have caused plenty of complaints and changes over the years and now it seems that some sweeping nerfs hitting all specs are inbound because of these complaints. I wonder where all these lowbie WL's smacking people around are since I've only seen a handful sub 70RR WL's perform well since I started playing.
I'd like to add that if I started complaining about getting blown up by sorcs/magus standing like turrets and smacking me from max range people would tell me to group with tank and healer because it's not a solo game. If I complained about having a hard time brawling with other Mdps people would tell me that my class isn't made for brawling, it's made for sniping squishies and they'd be right.

Changing the class role and function is one thing but destroying the only thing WL can do is pretty bad.

larsulu
Suspended

Post#8 » Sun May 19, 2019 12:01 pm

Angrisius wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 11:13 am Let's compare a white lion with its mirror - a marauder.

1. 3 tactics on 160 str. + additional characteristics of the marauder. The lion has no such tactics at all.
4. The increase buff of the marauder works in any conditions, in the lion only from the side and from the back
5. The ability to pull the enemy from the marauder is divinely good at comparing with the same in a lion, whose pet can be killed, slowed down or subject to other types of control.
8. A marauder tactic giving mutation skills ignoring 50% of armor is in the database, for a lion it extends to only 3 skills high up in the 1st skill tree
9. At the marauder, the auto attack rises when choosing a gift, the lion requires a tactic slot.
10. A marauder easily survives in a crowd of enemies, taking their lives, the lion in such a situation is forced to flee or die (most likely)

But at the same time, for some reason, it is the lion that is considered excessively strong, and the marauder seems to be the class that still needs to be strengthened a little, right?
1) those tactics are locked into their own arms which means if you switch stance ( the Mara mechanic ) you lose the tactic bonus.
2) no sense.
3) thunderous blow ( Mara wounds debuff ) is one of the most nerfed ability in the game and kotb/slayer got the same ability ( superiors )
4) no sense ( as dps you should stay always back at your target ) is just a l2p issue.
5) you know Mara pull ( 2 sec cast ) was on int ? A pure str dps with his main ability on intelligence ? Now it works on str like the WL one.
6) Mara aoe kd is 2 secs on monstro tree ( it gives free immunity in wb fights ) wl kd allows to 2 shot all squishy targets.
7)Mara got regen but is a proc ( you know how it works ? I guess not ) and doesn’t make the bust dmg that wl does.
If you wanna play a solo sustained class roll a Slayer.
8) sw assault got like the same armor bypass. ( Mara is a mix between se/wl )
9)is a proc that last 5 secs and tbh I Never seen 1k auto attack on Mara like WL actually does. So this point is pretty Irrelevant.
10) I saw solo maras fought a entire order WBs.

Mara is far away more difficult to play compared to the WL.
Mara doesn’t have the wl mobility.
Mara doesn't have the wl burst.
Mara doesn’t have a pet.
decimo marauder
larsulu zealot
norsemanherra wp
stormurfru dok

Ads
bctakhy

Post#9 » Sun May 19, 2019 12:05 pm

Angrisius wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 11:13 am Let's compare a white lion with its mirror - a marauder.

4. The increase buff of the marauder works in any conditions, in the lion only from the side and from the back
8. A marauder tactic giving mutation skills ignoring 50% of armor is in the database, for a lion it extends to only 3 skills high up in the 1st skill tree

Carefull play that game, Mara is the ONLY destro mirror that is "better" than the order version

Dworg

Post#10 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:37 am

There is no mirror class on War.
:roll: