Recent Topics

Ads

DPS AM builds

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Specialpatrol

DPS AM builds

Post#1 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:59 am

How are you frowned-upon dps AMs speccing these days?

Haven’t played mine since all the recent changes hit (puddle move, tactic nerfs, etc) and looking at the current options, it seems hard to spot the go-to build.

I.e: getting the puddle means giving up on the Silence and generally also loosing points in vaul - which hurts our selfhealing dot etc. Also, the Searing Touch tactic seems somewhat lacklustre now - faster ticks but at the cost of double the cooldown and even shittier heals.

So, how do you other undesirables spec these days?

I should add, that I mostly will run as solo or duo, so I’m of course particularly interested in builds that cater to this type of playstyle.

Hugs n’ kisses!
APONYMOUS l WP l R40 l RR8X
BRAKEDOWN l KOTBS l R40 l RR8X
BOILING l BW l R40 l RR8X
PUFFED l SLY l R40 l RR8X
RHYTHM l AM l R40 l RR8X
EEWULL l DOK l R3X l RR4X

Ads
shaggyboomboom

Re: DPS AM builds

Post#2 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:30 pm

Specialpatrol

Post#3 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:37 pm

shaggyboomboom wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:30 pm RoR.builders - Archmage
Yeah, that was my own initial thought as well. That or something more defensive like:
RoR.builders - Archmage

A few questions:
- Khaine's Touch really worth it? The pay-up seems somewhat hard.
- Dispel Magic worth it? To be honest, I'm having a hard time finding a better replacement with the loss of the old Searing Touch tactic and of course the much missed Expanded Control tactic (bring it back, damnit!) - but isn't this tactic situational at best? And is it worth slotting over Discerning Offense?
- Finally, can you kite anything without the puddle?
APONYMOUS l WP l R40 l RR8X
BRAKEDOWN l KOTBS l R40 l RR8X
BOILING l BW l R40 l RR8X
PUFFED l SLY l R40 l RR8X
RHYTHM l AM l R40 l RR8X
EEWULL l DOK l R3X l RR4X

shaggyboomboom

Post#4 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:42 pm

Specialpatrol wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:37 pm
shaggyboomboom wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:30 pm RoR.builders - Archmage
Yeah, that was my own initial thought as well. That or something more defensive like:
RoR.builders - Archmage

A few questions:
- Khaine's Touch really worth it? The pay-up seems somewhat hard.
- Dispel Magic worth it? To be honest, I'm having a hard time finding a better replacement with the loss of the old Searing Touch tactic and of course the much missed Expanded Control tactic (bring it back, damnit!) - but isn't this tactic situational at best? And is it worth slotting over Discerning Offense?
- Finally, can you kite anything without the puddle?
1) you need burst, faster tick synergies better with dot ticks. Without KT you basically can only use the 1st tick
2) situational, if enemy group uses a shaman I'd use CoT
3) positioning positioning and once again positioning

Telen
Suspended

Post#5 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:32 pm

The drawbacks to KT are very harsh. Compared to Shaman that keep their extremely strong 11pt tactic on top of the reduced channel. Hopefully at some point this will be rectified.
Dispel magic is only really worth it in an EoV build.
You can go without puddle with a strong organised group. Otherwise with destro now having pounce and pulls out their ass and lacking the speed proc of shaman you need it.
As it currently stands Shaman are miles ahead of Archmage as a pure dps with much stronger tactics and being able to forgo puddle for a full dps build.

Ototo

Post#6 » Sun May 26, 2019 12:11 pm

https://officialrorbuilder.herokuapp.co ... ,3432,3434

I prefer this. It is a lot more forgiving, and doesn't rely in dropping your healing skills. You can still emergency-heal yourself and the others if required.
Spoiler:

Sulorie

Post#7 » Sun May 26, 2019 12:23 pm

Solo builds without puddle are just bad. You have basically zero kite tools apart from one long cd knockback. Even BW have more kite utility. Positioning helps you to avoid the majority of bad players but there are plenty tools to cut distance, while you have none to gain distance.

When you are in a good group, your teammates can compensate for the lack of puddle, so this would be the only place, where no puddle makes sense.
Running solo in rvr and hiding behind other players, who work as meatshields, is another option but I wouldn't consider this as true solo roaming.
Dying is no option.

peterthepan3

Post#8 » Sun May 26, 2019 1:00 pm

Telen wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:32 pm
As it currently stands Shaman are miles ahead of Archmage as a pure dps with much stronger tactics and being able to forgo puddle for a full dps build.
Really not the case: bring a SM with perma Spirit debuff, and you can still speck for MoM. Also, why are you downplaying how potent DE is? Why aren't you mentioning the fact that AM has the better DoT potential?

Not sure how you're playing the DPS AM, but the class is definitely not 'miles' behind the Shaman.

Ads
HtGeist

Post#9 » Sun May 26, 2019 5:00 pm

This is what i run with soloing
RoR.builders - Archmage
-Even educated zombies growl!

kmark101

Post#10 » Sun May 26, 2019 8:15 pm

Spoiler:
Whatever stupid DPS build you run, just make sure you at least cast a few HoT here and there so your team still can win. Lately I see retarded AM players who are not even healing themselves (!!!) in the red craze of dps vision they have for some unknown reason.
This is NOT related to the topic.
Gryyw - Ironbreaker