Recent Topics

Ads

Viable Swordmaster SnB builds?

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
DokB

Re: Viable Swordmaster SnB builds?

Post#21 » Mon May 27, 2019 1:39 am

Martok wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 3:18 pm A few weeks ago Zarbix hosted a Six v. Six event and live-streamed it. Because the guild I was in at that time decided not to participate, I went to watch. I noticed one curious thing. Every Swordmaster I saw participating as part of one of the organized groups was playing 2H spec.
Why is that curious? It’s not exactly a well-guarded secret that 2H SM is the best dps tank out there.
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

Ads
Martok

Post#22 » Mon May 27, 2019 2:00 am

Satire.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

DokB

Post#23 » Mon May 27, 2019 2:04 am

oof :oops:
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

Chinesehero

Post#24 » Mon May 27, 2019 2:42 am

the heaven's blade dont have debuff already make sm bad offensive
snb SM is good on WB. I have play a short time with the invader gear
But the dmg is really low with that gear and finally i change back because i dont like being hit by someone and i cant hit him back with my sword
AOE punt, WW, DS, these ability make destro healer very busy. snb SM actually work on the backline to hit the healer. like a fly make them hate u

zgolec666

Post#25 » Mon May 27, 2019 5:56 am

Martok wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 3:18 pm A few weeks ago Zarbix hosted a Six v. Six event and live-streamed it. Because the guild I was in at that time decided not to participate, I went to watch. I noticed one curious thing. Every Swordmaster I saw participating as part of one of the organized groups was playing 2H spec.
Yes 6v6 2h is nice (unless you have some completely suicidal mellees you gotta guard vs half wb, then 2h just evaporate).
For wb SnB with bauble and ww (or RT) is just as good as kotbs.

Ototo

Post#26 » Mon May 27, 2019 11:37 pm

Collateral wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 1:19 pm
Ototo wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 12:35 pmSee, here is whr I don't like this. Tanks should imo go two routes, once their chances to be crit has been properly reduced: stacking block and strength, or stacking parry/dodge/disrupt and toughness/armor. The first allows the character to be of actual use in the enemy lines, making themselves a thread that worth to fight instead of a minor annoyance that you can detaunt. Also works in PvE. The second relays in avoiding entirely damage, and then you can focus in some extra offense.

I would also use my brain, cause you should not spend 15 renown points to reduce 1,5% chances to be crit. Get always full investment from your renown points. Freaking buy a talisman, or even don't if you know the piece of gear you are aiming for will drop it for you.

Also, this:
Stortz wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:17 am Wings of heaven should always be there
No matter what
no
matter
what
Ye good luck being useful in rvr as a snb tank that stacks str. Threat? What kind of a threat can a snb tank be in rvr? In smaller scale maybe, but not even then. You simply lack burst. Bo was good when he had THC for snb, but now even he isn't a threat anymore. A tank is useful if he can survive, that's why he's called a tank. You don't need offensive stats when going snb, especially in rvr, you won't make a difference anyway.

Deftard tanks don't need any offense, it's useless. Dps is there to deal damage, tanks should focus on tanking (if you want to deal damage as a tank go 2h). Also, your ctbc can go into negative, and that's good because then you reduce your opponents chance to crit (if I got it right), and for tanks that's a must. So even if you hit 0% ctbc, it's not completely useless to invest more into it.
What makes you think that this strategy fails? Have you tried? Also, tanks have never been around dropping 1-3 skills and go pew-pew. You need to stack effects to create your own burst with calculated premeditation. 2h weapons deals only slightly more dmg than 1h, if you factor that they are way more slow also, and in the process you are losing between 1/3 and 1/4 of the stats of the combination, and approx the same amount of chances of dropping On Hit procs, so it's a hard balance. Your ctbc can only go into negative if your opponent steals initiative. If it increases your ctbc, that's not what it does and you get affected (check your buff bar). If you gonna commit to this strategy is not as simple as changing to the dmg tree. The classes that feel the power creep the most are DPSs for a reason. Your damage is more gear-dependant than your survivability, that is more renown-skill dependant.

But again, pay no attention to me and don't even try. I'm crazy and I have no idea at all.
Spoiler:

Collateral

Post#27 » Tue May 28, 2019 12:27 am

Ototo wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 11:37 pm What makes you think that this strategy fails? Have you tried? Also, tanks have never been around dropping 1-3 skills and go pew-pew. You need to stack effects to create your own burst with calculated premeditation. 2h weapons deals only slightly more dmg than 1h, if you factor that they are way more slow also, and in the process you are losing between 1/3 and 1/4 of the stats of the combination, and approx the same amount of chances of dropping On Hit procs, so it's a hard balance. Your ctbc can only go into negative if your opponent steals initiative. If it increases your ctbc, that's not what it does and you get affected (check your buff bar). If you gonna commit to this strategy is not as simple as changing to the dmg tree. The classes that feel the power creep the most are DPSs for a reason. Your damage is more gear-dependant than your survivability, that is more renown-skill dependant.

But again, pay no attention to me and don't even try. I'm crazy and I have no idea at all.
I never called anyone crazy, relax.

You can observe pretty clearly that no order six man that's worth their salt uses a snb sm. They simply lack the damage a 2h provides. And the extra damage is needed to kill things. Sure if you really want to play offensive snb for some reason, slap on the dot tactics, get your bubbles and you could put some pressure on people, until healers use cleanse. In rvr that's even more useless. It's burst that kills things, and snb tanks simply lack that (I'm not talking about 1v1 combat where you can outlast your opponent).

And I definitely don't agree that damage is more gear dependant. Ether dance is the single hardest hitting ability the sm has. And for that you need 2h. With the same gear, 2h tank simply out damages snb. Otherwise we would be seeing snb tanks in every 6v6 fight there is, which we don't.

Ototo

Post#28 » Tue May 28, 2019 12:52 am

Collateral wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 12:27 am
Ototo wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 11:37 pm What makes you think that this strategy fails? Have you tried? Also, tanks have never been around dropping 1-3 skills and go pew-pew. You need to stack effects to create your own burst with calculated premeditation. 2h weapons deals only slightly more dmg than 1h, if you factor that they are way more slow also, and in the process you are losing between 1/3 and 1/4 of the stats of the combination, and approx the same amount of chances of dropping On Hit procs, so it's a hard balance. Your ctbc can only go into negative if your opponent steals initiative. If it increases your ctbc, that's not what it does and you get affected (check your buff bar). If you gonna commit to this strategy is not as simple as changing to the dmg tree. The classes that feel the power creep the most are DPSs for a reason. Your damage is more gear-dependant than your survivability, that is more renown-skill dependant.

I never called anyone crazy, relax.

You can observe pretty clearly that no order six man that's worth their salt uses a snb sm. They simply lack the damage a 2h provides. And the extra damage is needed to kill things. Sure if you really want to play offensive snb for some reason, slap on the dot tactics, get your bubbles and you could put some pressure on people, until healers use cleanse. In rvr that's even more useless. It's burst that kills things, and snb tanks simply lack that (I'm not talking about 1v1 combat where you can outlast your opponent).

And I definitely don't agree that damage is more gear dependant. Ether dance is the single hardest hitting ability the sm has. And for that you need 2h. With the same gear, 2h tank simply out damages snb. Otherwise we would be seeing snb tanks in every 6v6 fight there is, which we don't.
You told that I should have luck with that approximation to the class and that tanks can't pose no thread. I strongly disagree with both statements. Heals and cleanses exists for all classes debuffs and dmg, not only for those applied by tanks. I clearly stated that 2h weapons deals more damage. The only thing I forgot to mention, my fault entirely, was that, specifically SMs and BGs, have skills and trees more focused on 2h weapons and they can exploit it better than let's say a KoBS/Chosen, that also need to give away a big part of their survivability in the process of going 2h. The reason why we see so few SnB in small scale is the fact that healing is balanced around big scale, and extremely powerful. Slap 4 healers in a 12-man scenario group with minimal coordination or situational awareness, and you will see no more than 1 or 2 deaths even in PUGs, and only cause those guys moved away from the healing zone. No real need to stack defenses when the most powerful one is restoration from other player.
Spoiler:

Ads