Recent Topics

Ads

How do we fix AM - Discuss

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Telen
Suspended

Re: How do we fix AM - Discuss

Post#21 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:45 pm

Brizio wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:34 pm Disagree. Puddle should stay on healing tree. At least the AM healer can choose between heal debuff and silence.

DPS AM is acceptable. Healing is in really bad spot.
DPS AM is in a worse spot due to healing not requiring a main stat focus and not having access to its main cc.

Also a specable group absorb would help with AMs main healing weakness.

Letting dps deploy hd that arent going to be disrupted and specing puddle and kb (if moved to vaul) to strip trains would be a better spec as healer.

Ads
Ugle

Post#22 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:54 pm

1. Make mechanic worth juggeling. Currently benefits given by mechanic is not worth it. (AP reduction and heal/dps bonus when mechanic enabled is not enough to offset GCD and AP cost from using mechanic)

Imo juggeling mechanic will never be made to work without making it either not worth using or too OP. Entire mechanic needs a revision.

2. Heal output is not enough to offset squishiness (other way to say it is that you have to give up too much heal output for survivability compared to other healers)

Edit: second paragraph
Edit2: We're on the same page Telen ;)
Last edited by Ugle on Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
inactive

Telen
Suspended

Post#23 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:00 pm

I dont think weaving will ever be effective as you're always going to be limited to the same gcd as true archetypes of which half will be inferior. I think mythic had realised this when they put out the plans for a new mechanic that was never implemented when the game went into maintenance mode. That the mechanic changed to the complete opposite and enhanced your spec not the opposite spec.

@ugle yeah I mean the mechanic never worked on live and when they had staff they did put out statements that they saw the issue. So thats like 10 years and no fix even came close to being balanced and I've never seen any other mmo do caster like AM/Shaman. From that I personally feel the mechanic just wont work. That was Mythic in a nutshell though. Great ideas many just didnt work.

Ugle

Post#24 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:17 pm

Easy bandaid revision would be to enhance either crit or heal % with lets say 2% per mechanic point. That would give some benefits for sustained heal/dps situations while not being insanely OP. Numbers taken out of my @ss as usual.
inactive

Brizio

Post#25 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:19 pm

Telen wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:45 pm
Brizio wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:34 pm Disagree. Puddle should stay on healing tree. At least the AM healer can choose between heal debuff and silence.

DPS AM is acceptable. Healing is in really bad spot.
DPS AM is in a worse spot due to healing not requiring a main stat focus and not having access to its main cc.

Also a specable group absorb would help with AMs main healing weakness.

Letting dps deploy hd that arent going to be disrupted and specing puddle and kb (if moved to vaul) to strip trains would be a better spec as healer.

I disagree again. If you want to go full dps and get heal debuff, you will have to let a good defensive skill go.

Ugle has a point there. I agree with him.

bloodi
Suspended

Post#26 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:21 pm

The mechanic absolutely did work in the two iterations of Ab Ex, so the mechanic and weaving definetly can work in the current enviroment.

The current issue with Am healing wise is that you bring nothing other classes cannot bring sans maybe, MI and that only works when you use the tactic and your healing output is pathetic considering the other 2 healers can do the same and put shields, aoe hots and the like on top of it.

Till they decide what to do with it, is just wait and see because suggesting things is a waste of time, they could easily tweaked the interations of Ab Ex but that was Aza work and we know that even if it worked, we couldnt have it anymore because "reasons"

Telen
Suspended

Post#27 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:42 pm

Brizio wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:19 pm I disagree again. If you want to go full dps and get heal debuff, you will have to let a good defensive skill go.
Theres a reason am has a 100% uptime hd. You cant timestamp your dots so dont have high enough dps to burst a target down without it. You have to wear a target down which requires you reducing heals into your target.
Without hd the spec doesnt function. Compared to say a BW that doesnt need a 100% uptime hd because it can timestamp damage so the damage isnt competing with heals in.
Take MotM in a dps spec and you might aswell go down Isha and spec heal which I suspect is the whole point to the change to force a spec. Puddle in Vaul and heal lose nothing infact moving CF to vaul also lets heal take all cc and frees up a space in Isha for absorb. With all heal abilities in heal tree also makes absorb scale from their main tree. Out and out buff to heal am. With absorb now in spec in heal tree it would be out of dps spec and allow it to be a group absorb.

I regularly topped dmg dbs and healing on abex. Great fun but it was broken.

Sulorie

Post#28 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:11 pm

Brizio wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:19 pm
I disagree again. If you want to go full dps and get heal debuff, you will have to let a good defensive skill go.
How fair is it for heal am/sham to get all good skills in one spec, while offensive builds have to skip them or invest in a tree, where they get no benefit?

Those classes are made to allow viable specs in either way. Gating important skills for both specs behind huge mastery point requirements in heal spec tree makes no sense.
Dying is no option.

Ads
Telen
Suspended

Post#29 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:26 pm

Its not like were saying put puddle in asuryan where heal am waste spec points. heal am scale shield and debuffs from vaul so do that as second tree anyway. (and intel if shaman)
Last edited by Telen on Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brizio

Post#30 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:28 pm

Sulorie wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:11 pm
Brizio wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:19 pm
How fair is it for heal am/sham to get all good skills in one spec, while offensive builds have to skip them or invest in a tree, where they get no benefit?

Those classes are made to allow viable specs in either way. Gating important skills for both specs behind huge mastery point requirements in heal spec tree makes no sense.

Fair? We are talking about the worst healing class in the game.

Also this post is about healing AM, not dps. Everytime you guys manage to transform the topic to a dps issue because u d just dont care.