Recent Topics

Ads

How do we fix AM - Discuss

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Sulorie

Re: How do we fix AM - Discuss

Post#11 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:12 am

When you have low wounds, then you should fix your gear. Running with 7,5k wounds without problem, even more than with dps spec.

Why does heal spec easily get snare puddle, when they have better defense than dps spec? This is an imbalance between both play styles without a justification.

A single ap drain doesn't shut an enemy down.

Calling out morals and 5sec detaunts as reliable defensive skills is beyond reason. Defense is getting distance between you and a melee attacker, because you are not going to stand there, face-tanking melee for ages on both classes.
Dying is no option.

Ads
Panzerkasper

Post#12 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:23 am

Sulorie wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:12 am When you have low wounds, then you should fix your gear. Running with 7,5k wounds without problem, even more than with dps spec.

Why does heal spec easily get snare puddle, when they have better defense than dps spec? This is an imbalance between both play styles without a justification.

Calling out morals and 5sec detaunts as reliable defensive skills is beyond reason. Defense is getting distance between you and a melee attacker, because you are not going to stand there, face-tanking melee for ages on both classes.
Well then get a group. I heard this solves all problems.

30/12/2018 RIP 2h Chosen

wachlarz

Post#13 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:26 am

Panzerkasper wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:23 am
Sulorie wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:12 am When you have low wounds, then you should fix your gear. Running with 7,5k wounds without problem, even more than with dps spec.

Well then get a group. I heard this solves all problems.
Hahaha.
And sec quote:
" Go balans forum not this one. Close"

Telen
Suspended

Post#14 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:49 am

Puddle should be in Vaul as its used by both specs. Vaul is the utility tree and puddle was originally 13pts in it back in the day as AM/Shamans best utility ability.
Shield of Saphery should be moved to Isha 9 and become group as heal AM lacks a group ability.

Cleansing Flare should be in Vaul as it could be used by both specs. Again Vauls the utility tree. It was a 13pt ability at launch when the knockback was closer to a tank punt but its worthless in its current form.

Storm of Cronos should be in Asuryan. Its the dps debuff and no use to healers so shouldnt be in a utility tree. Asuryan had 'feel the winds' its original aoe ranged debuff removed.

Its the simplest fix to move utility abilities used by both specs into a utility tree and single spec abilities into either of the main spec trees.

Personally I'd have a much larger shakeup in mind. Involving instead of giving dot classes burst specs to try to make them viable actually making dots more akin to conditions in GW2 where those specs work.

Xergon

Post#15 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:09 pm

Warkittens wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:36 pm I hear that next major patch is a big inc to shammy/AM changes.. because their mechanic is often worthless and their ap consumption is unbelievably high for the amount of healing output. that other healers just do better and only way to build AM is pure dps

Now i am not opposed to dps AM. but if they are the Races dedicated healer.. shouldnt they be able to at least perform in some sort of level? their "healing tree" is filled with debuffs on the enemy. why not another aoe heal? idk.

I may have no clue what i am talking about but i just want some suggestions on what yall want.. just like, lets talk.
I have no idea what you talking about... AM is totally fine, just lacking a bit WB utility (with recent nerfs to instaRez), or RP/WP perform and provide more than AM.

Solo AM is like godlike tier, u can even run Hybrid with 700+ int, will, wounds and enjoy all goodies from lifetaps and heals.

Lately changes to mechanic even make it easier as you always stay on 1 point force or tranquility, ( no idle gear ).

No idea about Shammy but lvling one so will know soon.
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

Valarion

Post#16 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:27 pm

Shouldnt RP and Zeal be fixed first?
80+ WP/Dok/RP/Zealot 60+ AM/Shaman/Knight/Chosen/SM/BO/BW/Sorc 40+WL/Eng. SW deleted

Brizio

Post#17 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:07 pm

Xergon wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:09 pm
Warkittens wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:36 pm I hear that next major patch is a big inc to shammy/AM changes.. because their mechanic is often worthless and their ap consumption is unbelievably high for the amount of healing output. that other healers just do better and only way to build AM is pure dps

Now i am not opposed to dps AM. but if they are the Races dedicated healer.. shouldnt they be able to at least perform in some sort of level? their "healing tree" is filled with debuffs on the enemy. why not another aoe heal? idk.

I may have no clue what i am talking about but i just want some suggestions on what yall want.. just like, lets talk.
I have no idea what you talking about... AM is totally fine, just lacking a bit WB utility (with recent nerfs to instaRez), or RP/WP perform and provide more than AM.

Solo AM is like godlike tier, u can even run Hybrid with 700+ int, will, wounds and enjoy all goodies from lifetaps and heals.

Lately changes to mechanic even make it easier as you always stay on 1 point force or tranquility, ( no idle gear ).

No idea about Shammy but lvling one so will know soon.

They are so fine that ppl decided they shouldnt be allowed on the last 6x6 tournament, since we had 0 AM healing ther. Yes, 0...

Telen
Suspended

Post#18 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:13 pm

Valarion wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:27 pm Shouldnt RP and Zeal be fixed first?
Just do the same fix as AM needs. Heal Tree Dps Tree Utility Tree is what RP needs too.

Ads
Telen
Suspended

Post#19 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:16 pm

Xergon wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:09 pm Lately changes to mechanic even make it easier as you always stay on 1 point force or tranquility, ( no idle gear ).
Out of spec casting is a wasted gcd. and if it wasnt like back in the .ex days then its overpowered.

Brizio

Post#20 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:34 pm

Telen wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:49 am Puddle should be in Vaul as its used by both specs. Vaul is the utility tree and puddle was originally 13pts in it back in the day as AM/Shamans best utility ability.
Shield of Saphery should be moved to Isha 9 and become group as heal AM lacks a group ability.

Cleansing Flare should be in Vaul as it could be used by both specs. Again Vauls the utility tree. It was a 13pt ability at launch when the knockback was closer to a tank punt but its worthless in its current form.

Storm of Cronos should be in Asuryan. Its the dps debuff and no use to healers so shouldnt be in a utility tree. Asuryan had 'feel the winds' its original aoe ranged debuff removed.

Its the simplest fix to move utility abilities used by both specs into a utility tree and single spec abilities into either of the main spec trees.

Personally I'd have a much larger shakeup in mind. Involving instead of giving dot classes burst specs to try to make them viable actually making dots more akin to conditions in GW2 where those specs work.

Disagree. Puddle should stay on healing tree. At least the AM healer can choose between heal debuff and silence.

DPS AM is acceptable. Healing is in really bad spot.