Recent Topics

Ads

How do we fix AM - Discuss

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Maiana

Re: How do we fix AM - Discuss

Post#41 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:40 pm

Your original post was about the short comings of Archmage healing.

Anyway, Paul Barnett was wrong.

https://youtu.be/gcwJGcqjU6s

We do have namby pamby healers who stand in the backlines (ideally, the melee AM seems to be a popular playstyle in North American times) and heal, and heal, and heal. Some do this while being mobile and having decent flash heals with lots of tools. Some do this while being tanky, because they’re playing a class designed to survive in melee range as backlines. Some provide useful/critical buffs to them team and important CC against their enemies.

Others are Archmages. The intent of the mechanic made more sense back in the days of Balance Essence being in Isha, but it never performed well and the gap widened quickly after the WP/DoK got tools to allieviate the short comings of their mechanic years ago.

I’m not sure of the solution, but I’m sure we’ll never begin fixing it if some vocal people don’t agree that there is even a problem. 🤷‍♀️

Ads
Xergon

Post#42 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:17 pm

Maiana wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:40 pm Your original post was about the short comings of Archmage healing.

Anyway, Paul Barnett was wrong.

https://youtu.be/gcwJGcqjU6s

We do have namby pamby healers who stand in the backlines (ideally, the melee AM seems to be a popular playstyle in North American times) and heal, and heal, and heal. Some do this while being mobile and having decent flash heals with lots of tools. Some do this while being tanky, because they’re playing a class designed to survive in melee range as backlines. Some provide useful/critical buffs to them team and important CC against their enemies.

Others are Archmages. The intent of the mechanic made more sense back in the days of Balance Essence being in Isha, but it never performed well and the gap widened quickly after the WP/DoK got tools to allieviate the short comings of their mechanic years ago.

I’m not sure of the solution, but I’m sure we’ll never begin fixing it if some vocal people don’t agree that there is even a problem. 🤷‍♀️
Sadly PB was wrong, i mean if you would really like to make that happen you would have to give any other class similar potential to heal atleast themselves, and im not talking about potions and 1/2 abilities that has 30s+ CD. You can play AM/Sham and WP/DoK that way, do dmg and heal aswell, but RP/Z is no where near to be found to do that...
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

roadkillrobin

Post#43 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:24 pm

They need a AoE hot thats AP efficiant.

Tesq

Post#44 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:52 pm

Im not a very expert of am /sh tought i own one am, but you arguing over classes still going around with 55 ap spamable heals which should had been lowered to 45 or less ap 10 years ago...... This case is indeed just laughtable...

More than agree on what balance or problems ask upper floors what is going to be done ( hello balance forum being a joke with 2 thread open from october) about clear flaw between classes like that; aka zeal/rune ap heal 15 ap vs am/sh 55 ap heal....

There are alot of inconsistency in the game that's no news...no problem of the last minute so you should expect ppl that have at least a rought idea of what do...(.with a game old from 10 year where we alredy know more or less all issue ) ..those so called upper floor handling the balance ...sigh...which till now showes it get prefer have player pick classes based on their game possbility rather than make ppl be able to play what they love where they want (hello aoe wh/wh/wl.....or should i say bye for false techical problem? Lol)

road cited the am group hot, thats another long lasting problem and yet with all the ab ex no one give it a ( **** cought ) shoot on energy of vault instead those OP implementation we had in past.

( And someone had suggest it...but it went unheard as many suggested things

Historical game/classes problems dont get solved and as result of that you keep play the game like grindzombie for the next sets ( grind ) which will not solve any issue. Do 2 + 2 of what to do ......and how behave, if there is problem in balance the game and the problem dont get solve you either give up or pretend something to be done in first person; cuz you know... ppl cant always get warned and banned in your place fighting your battle for you, they just get sick of it.

navis

Post#45 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:13 am

After ranking both rp and am to 60 I have to maintain in my own view that AM healer is superior (for heals spec). With options like Funnel Essence, Desperation, Magical Infusion I find I can heal st very fast, with only 1 or 2 GCD's where RP would need more like 3 or 4.
Not to mention the cleanse comes with a HOT where the RP would take another GCD to apply a hot.
Spec with insta-res is incredible in wb but RP super slow Grimnir Fury only resurrects group members and 5 seconds cast is more like 8 seconds/failed if enemies around.
AM with Mistress of the Marsh and a punt, to the RP punt, although a high spec ST stagger on RP is nice but expensive.
RP Grimnir Shield seems far far better than Walk Between Worlds as WBW seems to miss many enemies as is limited to enemies within 30 feet (i think).

I used to really like RP and did well at it but right now I just find that I'm doing better on my AM (in scenarios and RVR) than Rp.

Telen
Suspended

Post#46 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:17 am

navis wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:13 am After ranking both rp and am to 60 I have to maintain in my own view that AM healer is superior (for heals spec). With options like Funnel Essence, Desperation, Magical Infusion I find I can heal st very fast, with only 1 or 2 GCD's where RP would need more like 3 or 4.
Not to mention the cleanse comes with a HOT where the RP would take another GCD to apply a hot.
Spec with insta-res is incredible in wb but RP super slow Grimnir Fury only resurrects group members and 5 seconds cast is more like 8 seconds/failed if enemies around.
AM with Mistress of the Marsh and a punt, to the RP punt, although a high spec ST stagger on RP is nice but expensive.
RP Grimnir Shield seems far far better than Walk Between Worlds as WBW seems to miss many enemies as is limited to enemies within 30 feet (i think).

I used to really like RP and did well at it but right now I just find that I'm doing better on my AM (in scenarios and RVR) than Rp.
Comparing them side by side am and rp are pretty close. Throw in a wp that handles cleansing better and it’s fast ghealing boosted through rp bless proc ability to cleanse sorc rotation and absorb proc adding a cushion to wp gheals and they synergies just better than am do with either.

Luuca

Post#47 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:08 am

Zealot M1 needs to be looked at before any more nerfs to AM