Recent Topics

Ads

Coordinated Strike

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Brizio

Coordinated Strike

Post#1 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:23 pm

As i was playing my sorc on a Nordenwatch, i've got jumped by Azeyune. I got obliterated in 2 seconds (literally). Wich made me kinda surprised cause my gear is not THAT bad. Should have taken around 5 seconds. My reaction was, of course, "Wtf was that!!". So i checked log and was surprised his Coordinated Strike hit an aggregate damage of 3.600.

So i went to dummies to do some testing and realized that, with the lion damage changes, the player and lion hit shouldn't be doubled anymore or at least reworked (i belive this was a fix they did in the past for the fact that the lion would do 1 damage).

What do you guys think about it?

I belive this might be one of the reasons why Destro has been complaining even more about WL.

Ads
Manatikik

Re: Coordinated Strike

Post#2 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:38 pm

Brizio wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:23 pm As i was playing my sorc on a Nordenwatch, i've got jumped by Azeyune. I got obliterated in 2 seconds (literally). Wich made me kinda surprised cause my gear is not THAT bad. Should have taken around 5 seconds. My reaction was, of course, "Wtf was that!!". So i checked log and was surprised his Coordinated Strike hit an aggregate damage of 3.600.

So i went to dummies to do some testing and realized that, with the lion damage changes, the player and lion hit shouldn't be doubled anymore or at least reworked (i belive this was a fix they did in the past for the fact that the lion would do 1 damage).

What do you guys think about it?

I belive this might be one of the reasons why Destro has been complaining even more about WL.
Iirc coordinated strike was nerfed damage wise by the pet changes. Something about the lion’s damage no longer being doubled? I’d also assume he had Leonine Frenzy going when he hit you.

And the main reason the WL whine is back is because they reverted the weird WL changes and brought WL back to where it was over a year ago before all the experiments.
<Montague><Capulet>

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#3 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:44 pm

Seems a normal coordinated strike. WL is all about killing unguarded squishies with low defenses. Just like sorc is all about word of pain crits for 2k + gloomburst/hand of ruin crits all in a timestamp. WL just happens to be the counter to PUG rdps. At least they can't cc you for 5+ seconds now in melee range :D
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

Brizio

Post#4 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:01 pm

Ok. Thanks for the clarification.

I guess its time to go back WL for a bit! :D

bloodi
Suspended

Post#5 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:17 pm

Is not only coordinated Strike by itself, is how Pack Assault interacts with it and your team.
Thats with PF and flanking but my WL has **** gear, 2 gcds of damage.

Lesnoj

Post#6 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:21 pm

So WL did 2660 dmg so what ? Sorcs, Magus and Shammys doing the same dmg.

Brizio

Post#7 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:43 pm

Lesnoj wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:21 pm So WL did 2660 dmg so what ? Sorcs, Magus and Shammys doing the same dmg.

It's 2660 from a lowbie. Azeyune is 84 and hits a bit harder.

Ok, Clawy, it know its hard to see ppl asking for a nerf on the class you play. But we've got to be reasonable here. Coordinated Strike shouln't have 2 strikes from the player and 2 strikes from the pet, as it's not described on the tooltip.

Also, when they made the changes on WL before and the skill was underperforming i also posted here on forum and asked for a a verification. Even got the response from a DEV that is linked below.

But Torque already answered and it's working as intended and we shouldl drop this discussion.

Manatikik

Post#8 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:03 pm

Brizio wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:43 pm
Lesnoj wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:21 pm So WL did 2660 dmg so what ? Sorcs, Magus and Shammys doing the same dmg.

It's 2660 from a lowbie. Azeyune is 84 and hits a bit harder.

Ok, Clawy, it know its hard to see ppl asking for a nerf on the class you play. But we've got to be reasonable here. Coordinated Strike shouln't have 2 strikes from the player and 2 strikes from the pet, as it's not described on the tooltip.

Also, when they made the changes on WL before and the skill was underperforming i also posted here on forum and asked for a a verification. Even got the response from a DEV that is linked below.

But Torque already answered and it's working as intended and we shouldl drop this discussion.
What? It is supposed to hit 4 times total. Says so very clearly in the tooltip too. If you are on the same target it will hit for 4 instances of damage, if you're on seperate targets within 35 ft it will hit each for 2 instances on each target, and if you are on 2 targets more than 35 ft away you will each hit one instance of damage per target.
<Montague><Capulet>

Ads
Rockalypse
Former Staff

Post#9 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:14 pm

You can see coordinated strike doublehits (from player) single target here btw, save to assume pet have hitted two times too. (01:40)
https://youtu.be/sJ3O1PIt5aU?t=98

Secrets
Former Staff

Post#10 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:21 pm

Rockalypse wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:14 pm You can see coordinated strike doublehits (from player) single target here btw, save to assume pet have hitted two times too. (01:40)
https://youtu.be/sJ3O1PIt5aU?t=98

That's... literally what it says in the description though.
You strike your target for {COM_0_VAL0_DAMAGE},
If you are within {COM_2_RADI_FEET} of your pet's target, you will also strike that enemy for {COM_2_VAL0_DAMAGE},
It's supposed to double hit the target your pet currently has if your pet is close to it. Working as intended.

Also, Coordinated Strike got a nerf in the latest update, and you aren't running any crit reduction renown tactics/gear are you? That's probably your issue for being crit so hard from a WL, other than positioning (if you're a rdps and staying in melee range, you deserve to die)