Recent Topics

Ads

Shadow Warrior as bad as they say?

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
zulnam

Re: Shadow Warrior as bad as they say?

Post#31 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:37 pm

adrian20591 wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:18 pm hey im new, i thinking about to donwload the game but i want to know what are the archer classes in this game for both faction. thanks.
Shadow Warrior (Order) and Squig Herder (Destro). Both have terrible range specs that, with the right gear, can go all the way up to mediocre. Both have melee specs considered superior to their range ones.

There's also Engineer which is more like a 'gunner' than an archer, but that is widely accepted as more competent than SW/SH range.

But to jump in on the necro-ing... (lol, 1 year ago this question still existed)
jokerspsycho wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:21 pm No one is saying ASW is bad
Me. I am saying ASW is bad. Yes it is decent in small scale but have you seen the game lately? Zones are now 150+ vs 150+ even off-peak. ALL the latest gear, literally end-game, is from warband play.

And I run with a well organised guild. Every class has a role in the warband, from main role to niche, except SW. SIngle-target DPS? WL/WH/SL can do that and bring more utility. Mobility? Sure. if you sacrifice all your burst or your heal debuff. Or you can have it all if you have Warlord/Sov (+2 points). To get that you need city. And even then, with all this, everything you do is stil sub-par with either a slayer or a WL. Hell, your Crit debuff? A 2h Knight can do that + wounds debuff AOE (and I have seen them in city as valid 6-man tanks and it worked).

It doesn't matter what you think. What matters is the meta. And the meta right now is bomb wbs for which you either need strong aoe (BW) or aoe utility (Slayer, WH, Engi). Also, just for hitting another nail, notice how in those bomb warbands you always see a mSH but never an aSW.

You can argue that in city there is a 6-man strategy to ST focus healers and you would be correct. This has actually given more classes a chance to get at least 1 spot in meta warbands; but I have yet to see the day when the 6-man picks an ASW over slayer/WL unless it's literally the only high-RR option; the so-called spec that does small-scale well. Everything you can do another class can do + more.

But oh boy, the spec is fine cause I can be somewhat competent in my quest to grind 3000 emblems worth of weapons, maybe we should nerf Vengeance to 15% damage.

Or at least rename the class to Sadow Warrior.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Ads
H0tYand3r3

Post#32 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:31 am

I'm proud to be apart of the biggest meme of a class since t2
Yandrere/Swrsmemes-SW-83RR+ Art Supplies
Islipped-Zealot-4xRR+ (N/A)
Unconventional-BG-7xRR+ (N/A)
Ihealforpesos-DK-7xRR+ (N/A)

Mystry
Suspended

Post#33 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:06 am

zulnam wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:37 pm A whole lot of stuff
This is 100% true, and what I tell people on a daily basis. Until SW gets some serious attention, it'll never be good, and you shouldn't waste your time trying to make it good like I did. I leveled a DPS WP, SW AND WH and it was all a complete waste of time, because I'm cursed to like only the most useless classes in games. Don't do what I did. If you wanna be ranged, just roll a goddamn Bright Wizard or Engineer. If you wanna be melee, just roll a Slayer or White Lion.

As I've said on numerous occasions, I think the reason for this, and one of the big reasons why Order -ALWAYS- loses is because all of our really cool looking classes like WH and SW are total garbage.

Also, I REALLY do not like how you HAVE to do gigantic warband things to get the highest level gear. I feel like scenario and orvr currencies should be unified into one, and just let you buy whatever gear you want without gating people into doing things that their class is bad at, or that they don't enjoy.

Feomatar
Suspended

Post#34 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:44 am

sw dont have damage in range spec, and elee sw have to low damage compare to not existing melee defs. melee sh is much better compare to melee sw, if u dont think so - destro players compare melee sh to wl or slayer BUT wl and slayer are slayer type of classes and cant be comparable to melee sh. sw is most underpowered, useless class int he game - range sw cause of lack of damage easily replacing by mages, melee cause of lack of damage AND defs.
I think there is same problem what have classic wow with hybrid classes, like retri pala, enh shama and feral druids was - they do 2-3 things in the same time but in the state of ugliness what makes they irrelevant.
Not sorry for my bad English.

jokerspsycho

Post#35 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:16 pm

Feomatar wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:44 am melee sh is much better compare to melee sw, if u dont think so - destro players compare melee sh to wl or slayer BUT wl and slayer are slayer type of classes and cant be comparable to melee sh.
I feel like people compare MSH to WL bc they have similiar mechanics. They took mara+ sh and wl+sw, mixed and matched skills and trees then made classes with them vs just doing minor mirrors like most other classes.

Both ranged specs for sh and sw need work for sure, but ASW is still one of the meta pick for small scale.

Feomatar
Suspended

Post#36 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:50 pm

jokerspsycho wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:16 pm
Feomatar wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:44 am melee sh is much better compare to melee sw, if u dont think so - destro players compare melee sh to wl or slayer BUT wl and slayer are slayer type of classes and cant be comparable to melee sh.
I feel like people compare MSH to WL bc they have similiar mechanics. They took mara+ sh and wl+sw, mixed and matched skills and trees then made classes with them vs just doing minor mirrors like most other classes.

Both ranged specs for sh and sw need work for sure, but ASW is still one of the meta pick for small scale.
asw meta, what a meme :lol:

Vlad333

Post#37 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:42 pm

DanielWinner wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:57 pm
Warchris7643 wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:53 pm Ok thanks then, not a total loss then lol, thank you for the information, I will just play to 20 and get a good feel for the class. I have tried but I just can't play melee in this game and the thing that sucks about it is I enjoy melee a lot its just I die way to fast and not enjoyable, at least with range I can have somewhat of a chance to live.

Thanks
I'd really recommend you to try Engi too. They have really strong solo builds. I've known Engis who would beat everyone while ganking in lakes. They can really hit like a truck.
As for melee classes, I could advise you to try SM or IB cause they have pretty decent solo/offensive builds which can deal dps at the same time so you won't feel yourself an easy target and still see some good damage numbers.
Kind of weird to see you say this because i just literally saw a video of yours on youtube from 1 year ago and i recognized the name. You seemed to own in that video, every 1v1 won.
Why is SW suddenly bad?

Darks63

Post#38 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:34 pm

Vlad333 wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:42 pm
DanielWinner wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:57 pm
Warchris7643 wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:53 pm Ok thanks then, not a total loss then lol, thank you for the information, I will just play to 20 and get a good feel for the class. I have tried but I just can't play melee in this game and the thing that sucks about it is I enjoy melee a lot its just I die way to fast and not enjoyable, at least with range I can have somewhat of a chance to live.

Thanks
I'd really recommend you to try Engi too. They have really strong solo builds. I've known Engis who would beat everyone while ganking in lakes. They can really hit like a truck.
As for melee classes, I could advise you to try SM or IB cause they have pretty decent solo/offensive builds which can deal dps at the same time so you won't feel yourself an easy target and still see some good damage numbers.
Kind of weird to see you say this because i just literally saw a video of yours on youtube from 1 year ago and i recognized the name. You seemed to own in that video, every 1v1 won.
Why is SW suddenly bad?
1 year ago conq/beast was BIS not with fols in sov/blood thing are much different. Also Dan is a very good player and a really good player can make any class look good. Also also the power of editing.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

Ads
growill

Post#39 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:52 pm

I painfully took a SW to lv 25 because i thought I loved him even though I was doing very poorly.
Then I rerolled a WL. Best day of my life. He's 30 now actually helps in fights lion's really cute too

duds

Post#40 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:22 pm

Ranged SW is really bad at the moment.. Melee is doing good..

I gotta say.. whirling pin is really infuriating.. they really should redesign that ability...