Recent Topics

Ads

Shadow warrior

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Foofighter

Re: Shadow warrior

Post#21 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:34 am

i really dont know what you people are talking about, just check arthem stream and see what a sw with decent gear and a healer can do in scs and orvr roaming, then comback and complain, except you wont cus most of you will realize most of it is senseless and in more laymans terms people need to learn to play the class, i do agree scout isnt as strong as it used to be, but if anyone remembers live vanilla fester arrow is the last thing people want back

Ads
carmine3161

Post#22 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:23 am

Scout spec only had festering arrow to make the spec really good, without it what is their left? the damage feels pretty clunky and lack luster but however its still possible to kill the unsuspecting foe.

Skirmish on the other hand is not a great spec for killing people, Its a utility spec with mediocre damage and you have to use that as your advantage to help your team secure kills, when you combine that utility with a class that has some burst it can do some great things in SC/ORVR.

Shadow Warriors don't make great killers despite their lore, but they are a fantastic supporting class and secretly the mvp hiding in the shadows making BW's/WL's look even better

Feel free to check out my twitch if you want some pointers or to see some gameplay
Sybella SW 40/82(Lying in wait) | Quillbolt WL 40/83 |
My Videos My Twitch

ajnin420
Suspended

Post#23 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:05 pm

Sulorie wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:52 am Ask some of the decent SW how to play the class.
This... honestly sounds like most of you just... suck

anarchypark

Post#24 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:18 pm

Fenris78 wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:14 am ...

not a single rdps have no-cd, no-cast ranged attack.
grim slash from a far?
think about why there's none.
i think changing class is better for you.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Ugle

Post#25 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:10 pm

ASW is decent, if a little low on wounds
Skirm is a RKD/HD/PD/LS bot and not useful for anything but killing low skilled pugs
Scout was a festerbomb lolspec before changes, didnt even try after latest iteration
inactive

TooGraphic

Post#26 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:24 pm

Only way I have found Scout to be worth anything is with the No Quarter and Enchanted Arrows tactics, the latter being required to a lesser extent but depending on targets defense can make a huge difference. Opening with Acid Arrow then Eagle Eye spam puts down some brief but high sustained DPS. However you will be out of AP very quickly and one heal on your target can ruin any chance of a kill. Coordinating with a BW timestamp it could be very effective by otherwise its just frustrating to constantly melt off a good chunk of your targets HP only to be left unable to finish them. Festering Arrow's cast time makes it very situational in PvP and completely able to be ignored because its marginal benefits in that off chance it is appropriate.

Skirmish is a very fun spec but the factor in determining your damage effectiveness is completely outside of your control, that being your targets toughness. I run Skirmish spec at the moment with 998 bal/ 673 ws meaning I'm often ignoring all armor on a target. The difference between say a Shaman with low toughness and high toughness is hitting for 750 damage crits or 150 damage crits with Spiral Fletched Arrow. There are Marauders I can just barely break double digit damage numbers on with crits. I'm not sure if this is bugged or intended(I think the low cast time on SFA means it gets hit harder by DPS reduction from toughness) but just like my experience with Scout spec it can be very frustrating at times.

I have yet to play with Assault mostly because Shadow Step being at the top of the spec line seems too limiting. It should be a core ability requiring Assault stance imo which isnt too much to ask considering how mobile SH are now. I may try when/if I hit rr70 but before then there just doesnt seem to be enough points left over to make Assault anything more than a sub par MDPS.

tl;dr SW can be fun if you can value fun over winning or having a chance to even win

dalen
Developer

Post#27 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:28 pm

TooGraphic wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:24 pm I have yet to play with Assault mostly because Shadow Step being at the top of the spec line seems too limiting. It should be a core ability requiring Assault stance imo which isnt too much to ask considering how mobile SH are now. I may try when/if I hit rr70 but before then there just doesnt seem to be enough points left over to make Assault anything more than a sub par MDPS.
Completely agree on that, or possibly put on 6/9 points and then those skills moved to core instead. That would enable much more fun hybrid assault/skirmish specs etc. Then that in itself could be an advantage for SW - actually being able to switch stance between ranged and melee effectively.

The mechanic of the class is being able to switch stance. But many things make it ineffective, like tactics being bound to one stance only, set procs only giving BS and no Str, mastery trees requiring high investment to be viable at all.
Source Developer

Fenris78

Post#28 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:38 am

anarchypark wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:18 pm not a single rdps have no-cd, no-cast ranged attack.
grim slash from a far?
think about why there's none.
i think changing class is better for you.
Thx for constructive feedback... :roll:

That doesn't change the fact that SW need some "finishing" skill, because of that :
TooGraphic wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:24 pm [...]However you will be out of AP very quickly and one heal on your target can ruin any chance of a kill. Coordinating with a BW timestamp it could be very effective by otherwise its just frustrating to constantly melt off a good chunk of your targets HP only to be left unable to finish them. Festering Arrow's cast time makes it very situational in PvP and completely able to be ignored because its marginal benefits in that off chance it is appropriate.[...]
Why shouldnt SW be able to drop people, like the sniper it is supposed to be ?
It's a very frustrating class that does very little except pew-pew and poisoning everyone, without being reliably able to put down a single target.
I played skirmish in oRvR last night, constantly harassing people, backline as well as tanks, putting on them all the DoTs, debuffs and their mothers over their heads at the same time, only to see them falling from another damage sources. The burst is so bad that I could only got about 10 kills in over than 5 hours of intense fight, never stopping to move and putting constant pressure, only to find that SW can only DoT, wich is very bad to reliably kill people... And it's not flanking shot or glass arrow that can change that fact... Burst is bad to non-existent in skirmish, same in scout (saving fell the weak maybe).
Hail of Doom (M4) is impressive, but even with that it's still 1800 damage over each target, meaning that will only put down severly injured people, and only without heal in the meantime.
And I got 40-50% crit on all my skills (running bulleye tactic)...

If SW can't get the AoE efficiency of BW and Engie, cant put down single target without struggling to death, and coulnt afford a mere group support (meaning buff and debuffs, saving Shadow sting maybe), what's left for this class to do on RvR setting ?

As Anarchypark said, better log another class wich do one of these things far better, at least it will be more fun than running everywhere throwing wet noodles at ennemy...
Last edited by Fenris78 on Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Sulorie

Post#29 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:38 pm

When you make 10 kills in 5 hours, then it is not the class but your ability to pick targets.
Dying is no option.

anarchypark

Post#30 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:22 pm

Fenris78 wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:38 am ...

complaining is not feedback.
i agree that class is not perfect but,

your posts showed lack of basic knowledge.
range measuring, stance switching, rotations, even individual skills.
if you didn't get them till rr40, problem is not class.

you asked ranged grim slash, complained about insta skills.
it's basic of basic, i don't know where to start to fix.
even worse
i couldn't find any desire to get better, only complains.
it's beyond repair to me, so i recommended new class.

i'm scoring 900~2000 dmg with Fell the Weak against various targets.
from tanks to WE, all 40+
top record was 2.8k Fester Arrow and 2k FtW back to back against WE.
at the keep, ofc not solo, he had other debuffs from engie.
i'm on anni gear, subjugator, full genesis.

what you need is build up. and weak target.
you may not invited to premade, but there are other areas in the game.

if i had EU ping, skirmish kiting would be much easier.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)