Recent Topics

Ads

Shadow warrior

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
MADMAXIII

Shadow warrior

Post#1 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:38 pm

I think I am the only player in the server that would like to play the Ranged spec for SW. However I think that as now it's too weak. a ranged SW cannot kill anyone even sorc, even if you silenced them, after a while they kill you. I prefer to have the last tactic of the ranged as before. Is there any new idea? If I give a look to Engineer or Bright wizard it seems to me that SW is really awfull?

Ads
anarchypark

Re: Shadow warrior

Post#2 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:29 pm

SH is Squig Herder.
Shadow Warrior is SW.
here is the way to kill sorc.
Scout tree.
glass arrow, repeat.
get close while put any dot.
silence him.
acid arrow, fester arrow, vengeance.
next dot. rapid fire. cancel with fell the weak at 30~35%. glass arrow.
m1 cleans when WoD about to fire.
you can skip dots.
if you got disarm first, detaunt and run out of range.
knowing your max range is key.
always stay in glass arrow advantage.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

MADMAXIII

Post#3 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:51 pm

I apologize about my mistake on the Shadow Warrior.
Can you explain what this mean "m1 cleans when WoD about to fire" ?
I read your advice but honestly I did not think it will work. Acid arrow and festering Arrow have build up time of 1,5 and 3 sec. The damage you do even with rapid fire did not think will be able to let me use feel the weak. Enemy must be on the 30% energy or less. Glass arrow in your opinion is the key and it should be right but distance is not so precise in game and even if it is in few second it will be covered. Morever this ability cannot be use if I move. So a Sorc than run toward me can kill me even if I silenced her one time. Morover in your list you talk about Dot the point is : if I use alle this dot it's more usefull to me the skirmish stance. All the SW i met tell me that they use and follow just this kind of spec. Any ideas?

DanielWinner

Post#4 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:54 pm

Range SW is not a solid dps indeed. It's more like a solo kiter or HD/leading shots/RKD b*tch in RvR roam group.
You won't be able to kill nor decent sorc, nor SH, nor magus that's for sure. You can only kite melees at best.
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Riphael - Black Guard.

Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage
Spoiler:
Gotcha

geezereur

Post#5 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:54 am

DanielWinner wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:54 pm Range SW is not a solid dps indeed. It's more like a solo kiter or HD/leading shots/RKD b*tch in RvR roam group.
You won't be able to kill nor decent sorc, nor SH, nor magus that's for sure. You can only kite melees at best.
Scout spec does really nice damage + you got Glass Arrow.

geezereur

Post#6 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:54 am

geezereur wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:54 am
DanielWinner wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:54 pm Range SW is not a solid dps indeed. It's more like a solo kiter or HD/leading shots/RKD b*tch in RvR roam group.
Scout spec does really nice damage + you got Glass Arrow, not the most optimal build since you lose HD.

anarchypark

Post#7 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:31 am

MADMAXIII wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:51 pm I apologize about my mistake on the Shadow Warrior.
Can you explain what this mean "m1 cleans when WoD about to fire" ?
I read your advice but honestly I did not think it will work. Acid arrow and festering Arrow have build up time of 1,5 and 3 sec. The damage you do even with rapid fire did not think will be able to let me use feel the weak. Enemy must be on the 30% energy or less. Glass arrow in your opinion is the key and it should be right but distance is not so precise in game and even if it is in few second it will be covered. Morever this ability cannot be use if I move. So a Sorc than run toward me can kill me even if I silenced her one time. Morover in your list you talk about Dot the point is : if I use alle this dot it's more usefull to me the skirmish stance. All the SW i met tell me that they use and follow just this kind of spec. Any ideas?

WoD is Word of Pain. sorc burst skill.
it's about screwing sorc rotation.
stop their rotation with glass arrow. out of range.
they will pick other target.
wait for the right moment and land ur rotation.
like arrows on the back when their attention is elsewhere.

it's not dps test on dummy.
keep moving and run if sorc had upper hand on rotation.

for me, distracting sorc to reduce their dmg is half success.
sometimes i kill them, sometimes not.
my 1 last secret is smoldering arrow tactic.

oh boy, i can hear they coming to say no. :lol:
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

MADMAXIII

Post#8 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:06 pm

Well anarchypark and geezereur I thank the first for advice and the second for his comment but in my opinion a SW in scout stance is not so dangerous as it should be considering the skirmish stance or other player like Engineer or SH or Magus. I wish that they improve such stance because as told in this way it's almost impossible to kill someone.

Ads
DanielWinner

Post#9 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:37 pm

MADMAXIII wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:06 pm Well anarchypark and geezereur I thank the first for advice and the second for his comment but in my opinion a SW in scout stance is not so dangerous as it should be considering the skirmish stance or other player like Engineer or SH or Magus. I wish that they improve such stance because as told in this way it's almost impossible to kill someone.
Listen, you can bust your ass out and kill some mediocre ranges with SW - as people above said you would need to do XYZ and they had to fail then you will be a killer. If it doesn’t happen, sorry, try next time.
Or you can roll an engineer and nuke people from 100+ range without mamba jumbo and with greater stablity and better performance. Same goes for BW.
If you are not a fan of bows and hoods, I strongly advise you to play other class so you won’t find yourself disappointed after bazillion hours spent on gearing your character that actually doesn’t work in a lot of cases. SW is a support range dps. Support first, dps second.
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Riphael - Black Guard.

Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage
Spoiler:
Gotcha

Elftwin95

Post#10 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:11 pm

Hi! I was just wondering if there is still any plans in the pipeline for changes to us ranged SWs or is the ranged specs staying "as is"? :)
Eldoir Duskoath SW 40/71 Shadowmaster of the Eternal Host

Strike swiftly aim true